Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: More navigation tweaks and thank your forum mods!

56 posts

Flag Post

We aim to please so have added a few more of your nav requests. First off, when you hover over the message icon, it’ll tell you how many whispers and/or shouts you have. We also put your total points earned back in the profile pane. For the ultra-hardcore of you at level 65, we now show your points total in the profile bar instead of “0 points to level up.”

Do you think a specific forum mod is doing a great job? Well now you can thank them! Just go to their profile, click the “thank moderator” link under their profile name and tell them how much you appreciate them.

We’ve made some other tweaks and improvements, but you can read about those below or in our change logs here.

Flag Post

Developers

• Adding more characters that are accepted on the developer payment form
  • Fix shared content bug for Javascript API

Users

• Hovering over the message notification shows you how many whispers and shouts you have
  • Chat mods won’t have a mod symbol next to their username in the forums
  • Users can now thank forum mods
  • Users at level 65 will now see total points in the profile bar
  • Profile menu now shows total points
  • New split test on the game page that will show game categories

Flag Post

No M? Gasp! I like how the total points were added to the hover menu.

What do you mean by this though?

New split test on the game page that will show game categories

Flag Post

Awesome changes, but how long until we actually see them?

Flag Post

Thanks for that update for level 65s, I missed seeing my points. :P

Flag Post

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Teh M is gone on teh forum. I must become uber admin and change it back!

EDIT Actually its not super bad. The D gives my games more attention, so I’m happy.

Flag Post

Why did you guys delete Ms next to mods? That way it could be easier to tell who is a mod and who is not

Flag Post

It was probably an accident, Graveyard890.
And it’s still saying how much points I have to go until my next level up, instead of how many points I actually have.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

it was probably an accident, Graveyard890.
And it’s still saying how much points I have to my next level up, instead of how many points I actually have.

It was intentional. They are trying to differentiate forum mods and chat mods more.
Total Points appear above your level in the menu when you hover over your name at the top of the screen.

Flag Post

I like it, well done. I didn’t even think about the chat mod symbol not showing up here, but its a great idea. Helps differentiate them, I was pleasantly surprised.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:

it was probably an accident, Graveyard890.
And it’s still saying how much points I have to my next level up, instead of how many points I actually have.

It was intentional. They are trying to differentiate forum mods and chat mods more.

What a silly idea, forum mods already have the F.

Flag Post

Ah, fair enough.
To be honest, it’s something I’ve felt they should’ve done for a while.

Total Points appear above your level in the menu when you hover over your name at the top of the screen.

So it’s still not automatically displayed by default?
Why the testicles not?

Just received a PM, I’m glad you now see whether you have shouts or whispers, though the “notification” is still horrendously bad at notifying, and if you only have a whisper, it still takes you to your shouts first.
You’re on the right track.

Flag Post

It was probably an accident, Graveyard890.
And it’s still saying how much points I have to go until my next level up, instead of how many points I actually have.

I believe it only shows your points at the top when you are at level 65, otherwise it says progress to next level.

Flag Post

Why the bawls is it only lvl 65s who have their point total shown?
I’ve yet to see anyone who’s commented on the points display who prefer to see their points to next level displayed rather than their total points.

Why wasn’t it changed for everyone?

Flag Post

I like most of the stuff you have updated, especially the notifications :D Keep it up Joe and Kong Staff!!!!!

Flag Post

I agree, they should have it where you see your points, and you can click your level to see points to next level, as it has always been.

Flag Post

Why the bawls is it only lvl 65s who have their point total shown?
I’ve yet to see anyone who’s commented on the points display who prefer to see their points to next level displayed rather than their total points.

Why wasn’t it changed for everyone?

You can see total, it is just tucked away in a corner specifically to piss users off and be inconvenient.

Flag Post

i think its cool that the M is gone in the forums. why was it even there in the first place?

also the other improvements and stuff

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:

No M? Gasp! I like how the total points were added to the hover menu.

What do you mean by this though?

New split test on the game page that will show game categories

is what the split test looks like.

Flag Post

I don’t like the lack of Ms in the forums, as it was usually the only way I’d notice if someone I knew got modded :c

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sellyme:

I don’t like the lack of Ms in the forums, as it was usually the only way I’d notice if someone I knew got modded :c

when i first saw that my chat ‘m’ icon was gone i thought i had been demodded or something, i mean sure a recent topic i started some might class as discreetly plugging my band, but i thought this can’t warrant me being demoted.
… it might sound weird but i preferd it saying 0 points to level up :/

Flag Post

Nice job on fixing the “0 points to level up” thingy, that was really annoying. :) My “recommended games” page also isn’t broken anymore, but it still recommends games to me I’ve already rated – it seems like those are only games I rated with 5, if that helps. They vanish when updating the rating though.

Also, I’d still prefer if the navigation popups only showed when clicking on the buttons, like schonstal suggested. ;P That way I wouldn’t “accidentally” open / be forced to open the achievements or the community nav menu when being on my way to my Profile information, if you know what I mean. ;)

I don’t really see the use of the game categories on the game page, but, ok. I guess there was just some free unused space up there?

Edit: Seems like “Umlauts” / the German special characters now also work in the payment info, nice job on that – also, you have to re-enter the login info to change it since this update?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gama11:

Also, I’d still prefer if the navigation popups only showed when clicking on the buttons, like schonstal suggested. ;P That way I wouldn’t “accidentally” open / be forced to open the achievements or the community nav menu when being on my way to my Profile information, if you know what I mean. ;)

How about just bumping up the delay time? That way you don’t have to click on it, but can still move your mouse over it without it opening.

EDIT: Ohey, this was my 12,000th post. Didn’t even notice for 13 hours >.>

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sellyme:
Originally posted by Gama11:

How about just bumping up the delay time? That way you don’t have to click on it, but can still move your mouse over it without it opening.

Not sure if that’s a good idea – someone who actually wants to open the “community” or any other navigation on the lower row will have to wait the delay to end and think it’s lag / a bug / whatever.
Clicking seems to be a good solution to me. – It would just “feel” better IMO.

About the recommended games: I think it’s kinda pointless that Unity games show up in there for ppl who don’t even have Unity installed – it is in my case, but still. You could probably detect that and hide those games.

Flag Post

No M for chat mods?

I’m disappointed now
Otherwise good updates