Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: More navigation tweaks and thank your forum mods! page 2

56 posts

Flag Post

Aw I didn’t even have my M on the forums for a week. :(

But the other things are good. :)

Flag Post

Finally, lesser confusion of the chat and forum moderators.

Flag Post

It really seems like we have a lot more blue names around now. xD
So many moderators are also developers, but it was hidden by the orange.
Anyway, not a bad update. It’ll just take some getting used-to.

Flag Post

#1: Was this always not aligned? Could have sworn that the Kongregate, game name, and left side of the game swf used to be aligned. Either way, looks odd / bad.

#2: Still giant 20px of random red space between the upper and lower header blocks that serves no purpose except to push our games further below the fold. And most people don’t have 28" monitors to counteract it.

#3: That text split thing with game categories look completely out of place, fairly tacky, adds more vertical space that pushes the games below the fold. And looks even worse for those of us who ad block (not that anyone really cares, since we are blocking the ads anyway).

On the positive side, I appreciate having my points back! Thank you.

Flag Post

The header, game name, and left side of the game are still aligned for me. [EDIT: actually, on GemCraft Labyrinth’s page, they’re not. It’s in the same position but the game stretches farther to the left than on a narrower game. Not sure which I prefer.] I definitely agree with Tass’ #2 and #3. Even if the space in #2 isn’t reduced I’d like to see the profile header moved down a teeny bit so it’s below the darker red bar at the top of the page instead of being on top of it. And for the game categories, yeah it counteracts all you did to make games be further up the page. Don’t like it, they’re all in the Games hover-box anyway, and I have barely ever used categories anyway.

Also, there’s a strange random dot at the very left of the screen, a couple pixels above the PLAY: [game name] text (about 103 pixels from the top of the page; it seems to shift a pixel or two left or right on different games though). Further, pressing Ctrl+A highlights a small area about 400-500 pixels from the top of the page on the left and right edges of the screen.

I like the addition of total points to the profile hover-box. Also, I agree about doing something to make the hover-boxes not appear immediately upon hovering. It’s annoying when I go to switch to another tab and they pop up, or I switch back and they pop up and then stay up because my mouse is then over the game window. I don’t think having to click is a good solution, though. Not sure what would work best.

Flag Post

@ tasselfoots #2
having the space there makes it way easier to read and navigate both headers separately. if they were together wouldn’t it just be more confusing looking?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tasselfoot:

#3: That text split thing with game categories look completely out of place, fairly tacky, adds more vertical space that pushes the games below the fold. And looks even worse for those of us who ad block (not that anyone really cares, since we are blocking the ads anyway).

Damn you Kong! You ruined Tass’ adblock!
Fix it now! What do you think Tass is paying you for?

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:

Aw I didn’t even have my M on the forums for a week. :(

But the other things are good. :)

Oh, nice. I didn’t notice. Gratz on being a mod! :P

Originally posted by VforVendetta:

It really seems like we have a lot more blue names around now. xD
So many moderators are also developers, but it was hidden by the orange.
Anyway, not a bad update. It’ll just take some getting used-to.

Oh I see. Lots of blue, I agree. But I like blue :D Well, I wish I could be a developer. But if i tried, the game wouldn’t end up very well. At most, it’d be a moving picture :P
EDIT: New theory: Makes us think of you guys as more normal users? :P You should be glad about that! :D

Flag Post

But we are more normal users. :D
Okay, well some of us are a bit weird… but in a normal way!

Flag Post

And now, a sudden burst of D’s in the forum.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

But we are more normal users. :D
Okay, well some of us are a bit weird… but in a normal way!

Some is a bit…understated :P I’ve met a lot of mods, starting to play various games! (Instead of sticking to one)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tasselfoot:

#1: Was this always not aligned? Could have sworn that the Kongregate, game name, and left side of the game swf used to be aligned. Either way, looks odd / bad.

Same for me actually, it looks weird.

#2: Still giant 20px of random red space between the upper and lower header blocks that serves no purpose except to push our games further below the fold. And most people don’t have 28" monitors to counteract it.

That doesn’t worry me too much, but the login check does! I have a master-password on FF so everytime a kong page loads I have to enter it :S (and it’s 20-30 chars long! =.=)

I hate that category thing too, ad block removed the gap and freed space. With the categories it just makes it come back and it’s annoying -I might try removed the frame/element for it though (hopefully that will get rid of it)

On the positive side, I appreciate having my points back! Thank you.

Nice points you got there! =)

Flag Post

it would be cool if for the game catagories thing if the catagory your current game was in was bold or something

Flag Post

i been consistently getting a script error since nov 8th. update. not all the time but sometimes. i run vista home on pc with issue. great now mods can boot and u never know who if they do it unjustly. sigh t o my experience most mods are very arrogant rude opinionated people. they are a poor representation to kong off the start. anyways. thought i’d let u know of bug…

Flag Post

If the chat moderators are really suited for their jobs, they would be mature enough to not complain about the lack of ‘M’ in the forums. Kongregate removed it to make it easier for newer users to know who is a forum mod, because frankly, I thought the ‘M’ also meant the Moderator has forum powers as well. It is a common misconception.
So, stop bitching, and enjoy the show!

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheYow:

i been consistently getting a script error since nov 8th. update

What is the error message?

Flag Post

Is this because my computer or what?I trying to play kongregate games but any game is not working.This started at last day.

Flag Post
Originally posted by koopashell:

If the chat moderators are really suited for their jobs, they would be mature enough to not complain about the lack of ‘M’ in the forums. Kongregate removed it to make it easier for newer users to know who is a forum mod, because frankly, I thought the ‘M’ also meant the Moderator has forum powers as well. It is a common misconception.

Well, 1, it’s not a job. 2, most of the complaining I saw was either in joking, or was understanding.

Flag Post

I love it alot it helps me decide what kind of badge i wanna go for. Very Very Helpful keep up the good work add some more mmos. This is my favorite game site! I <3 Kongregate

Flag Post
Originally posted by koopashell:

Mysteriously, koopashell gets silenced.

His memory is wiped and he is brainwashed.

3 months later, he gets permabanned for a minor offence.

Flag Post

If the chat mods don’t get their M shown in the forums, shouldn’t that also be applied to collaborators and their C?

Flag Post

You said my name?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Waffles911:

If the chat mods don’t get their M shown in the forums, shouldn’t that also be applied to collaborators and their C?

You mean Curators? I asked the same question. :D

Flag Post

Collaborators? COLLABORATOOOORSSSS????
I thought we shot them all to death got rid of those some 60-odd years ago?
Where’s the mossad when you need them! O_O

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tetsuo_Shima:

Collaborators? COLLABORATOOOORSSSS????
I thought we shot them all to death got rid of those some 60-odd years ago?
Where’s the mossad when you need them! O_O

Haha— They practically are dead when it comes to removing stolen songs.