Forums Kongregate

No longer correct badge descriptions

16 posts

Flag Post

Ok so sometimes games get updates and those updates sometimes interfere with badge descriptions making them no longer correct. This could cause some confusion to some players who didn’t play before the update.

For example the Baron Bounce Badge on Mr. Bounce says “Complete all 20 levels” and since the update there are more than 20 levels you need to complete to get the badge.

Also in Bloon Tower defence 4 the two medium badges are “Complete all 60 waves of the first 2 maps”, and “Complete all 60 waves of the second 2 maps” but since the update the new maps mess this description up.

These are the only two I can find but post others if you find them.

Flag Post

Sacred seasons 2 is a major offender. A requirement for the badge is unlocking the season changer.. After some update it is permanently unlocked. No one knew if it was temporary or what but it is unlocked anyways.

Flag Post

nano war “complete ALL 14 levels” theres 15 now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zaraki:

Sacred seasons 2 is a major offender. A requirement for the badge is unlocking the season changer.. After some update it is permanently unlocked. No one knew if it was temporary or what but it is unlocked anyways.

This. I went back to get it one day and now it seems I cannot…or already have…or (head explodes)

Flag Post

Developers need to stop changing their games! If anyone can think of any more, list them here and I’ll take a look this week.

Flag Post

It’s not a badge error as such but Doodle Devil won’t let you play (if you right click and forward, you don’t get the badges) and Zunderfury doesn’t work (bullets go through enemies)

Flag Post

The names themselves aren’t really major problem but the fact devs updates their games. Heroes of Gaia is a great example. The API which recorded your score become broken when servers were updated and/or merged since API was designed only to track data from certain server which later on got merged into different server

Flag Post

Platform racing 2 badges really need to be updated to say that the levels are in Carina.

Flag Post

To be fair, I think devs should take some initiative when they update their games knowing what badges are on their games. It makes life easier for everyone involved, and also reduces the amount of deliberate low ratings as a result of inaccurate badge descriptions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Laxaria:

To be fair, I think devs should take some initiative when they update their games knowing what badges are on their games. It makes life easier for everyone involved, and also reduces the amount of deliberate low ratings as a result of inaccurate badge descriptions.

Yeah, it’s not really feasible for greg and raw to check all 1,500 or something badges to make sure they’re right. Luckily we’re here and can help out :D

Flag Post

It’s not a badge error as such but Doodle Devil won’t let you play (if you right click and forward, you don’t get the badges)

This.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

It’s not a badge error as such but Doodle Devil won’t let you play (if you right click and forward, you don’t get the badges) and Zunderfury doesn’t work (bullets go through enemies)

Yeah, experienced the zunder bug as well, yet my second playthrough worked without any problem; I’m really curious to know why it’s acting like that.

Flag Post

In Vector Runner Ultra Violet now requires picking up 15 purple points cubes in one game, rather than 10.

Which incidentally makes it one of the toughest mediums now, but there’s not much to be done about difficulty when the badge is a few years old.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bilious:

In Vector Runner Ultra Violet now requires picking up 15 purple points cubes in one game, rather than 10.

Which incidentally makes it one of the toughest mediums now, but there’s not much to be done about difficulty when the badge is a few years old.

It’s really not THAT hard, but whatever.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Procyonpi:
Originally posted by Bilious:

It’s really not THAT hard, but whatever.

None of the mediums are THAT hard, hence not being hards.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator