Forums Kongregate

Name the Card Game

203 posts

Flag Post

Hello everybody!

So it’s getting close to naming time for the card game. We’ve gone through a bunch of different ideas and weeded them down to two we like best. Please, help us out by adding your vote to your favorite of the two. Or, after you’ve done that, suggest a different one if neither is to your liking.

The two are:

“Kardinal”

or

“Dark Switch”

Thanks!

Flag Post

I don’t like either one, but Dark Switch is better than the other one.

Saving space for when I think of a name

Flag Post

reserved for same reason as above

Although if I can’t think of something, I’d go with Dark Switch.

Flag Post

I still don’t like the names, but Dark Switch seems to be better than Kardinal.

-Dark Switch: 1

-Kardinal: 0

-Neither: 2

What were the other names you guys came up with?

Flag Post

Oh, I had a huge list, some better than others. I might want to go on another brainstorming binge and add some more choices myself, but enough people seemed to like these that it was worth getting you guys’ opinions.

Flag Post

For a witty and anime card game, even if it is a kongregate card game, you will have to go with a serious name instead of your usually funny, but not that funny, puns.

Dark switch, though I still don’t like it that much. How about psychic or something like that… more…. mind gamey.

Flag Post

-Dark Switch: 1

-Kardinal: 0

-Neither: 3

Hmm… I’m not sure about psychic… this name needs to sound more epic-y! Or something like that… lol

EDIT: 555th post! lol

Flag Post

What happened to Kongai.. I liked that one

Flag Post

I think Kongai is too close to Ninjai.

Flag Post

Anything but Kardinal. Dark Switch is…okay… but it reminds me of Dark Cut. But for realsies, anything but Kardinal plzthx.

Flag Post

i dont like either name, but dark switch is much better than kardinal.

Flag Post

I am going to vote for Dark Switch.

Flag Post

I actually liked Kardinal originally not because of the pun, but because of all the connotations. Like, Cardinal (bird), Cardinal (religious figure), Cardinal Rule, Cardinal Numbers, etc. But I think the pun does weigh unfortunately not in its favor.

Flag Post

Am I the only one who favors Kardinal?

I don’t like Dark Switch… doesn’t have anything to do with the Card Game, plus it sounds like Dark Cut.

Flag Post

Will the card game be ready for release after this?

-Dark Switch: || (2)

-Kardinal: | (1)

-Kongai: | (1)

-Neither: ||||| (5)

Flag Post

Well if Kongai was shot down, I’m going for Kardinal, although, if the cards had some sort of backstory or something. Such as a reason they are fighting.. instead of just killing each other. Then it might be easier to come up with a name

Dark Switch sounds too much like a grim setting.. when the only grim figures in the card game are the vamps. While Kardinal has the wierd pun and that it has nothing to do with any of the connotations.

Flag Post

Hmm…okay, so Dark Switch seems like the best for now…but lemme try throwing a couple names in, if I may.

Zero Hour//Contingency//Fate//Emprise

Zero Hour: Defined as the time set for the beginning of any event or action, I thought it would make for an interesting name if the staff decides to create a backstory for the game itself. I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing it grow beyond just a card game, anyway…

Contingency: A chance…an accident…uncertainty…something similar…well, since the card game is essentially a huge mind game, I have this feeling that the game is going to be based on chances and accidents.

Fate: Similar to Zero Hour, I thought that this name would be good if a backstory were made. Other than that, it really has no connotation to the game itself. Rather, Zero Hour is more of a countdown while Fate is more of a buildup.

Emprise: Defined as a chivalrous undertaking, I felt that this could end up being the most logical choice at this time, while the game has no backstory and whatnot. Since, as it seems to me anyway, the game seems to take on a heavy need for courage and luck…well, yeah. I think that’s self explanatory. Also, I thought that Emprise might just do well with a story, too. So…yeah.

Anyway…thoughts, anyone?

Flag Post

Emprise sounds good, but Fate is already used as a name for a Diablo-like RPG for the PC.

Flag Post

cardgregate? if thats good? Proboly not. but its all i got

Flag Post

basically any time something needs a name I suggest Parallax or some variation thereof because it’s a cool word. Thus far I’ve managed to name a cat and a crap band(defunct).

feel free to chuck some Ks in there if you like

Flag Post

Maybe it’s just my dry humor but I sort of like the puniness (wow, is that even close to a word?) of incorporating part of kongregate into the name of the game.

I’ll agree with most by saying I don’t care for Kardinal or Dark Switch.

Cardgregate isn’t bad but it might be to much of a mouth full.

I’m just throwing this out there and everyone will probably think this is terrible but how about Konjure Gate(s) or as all one word konjuregate. I personally think it looks better as two words.

Flag Post

Hmm I dont care for either also.

Flag Post

Hey, saying “I don’t like them” is helpful too. ;)

Flag Post

I vote for ‘Switchwhore’

Perhaps I am just unimaginative, but I have a hard time thinking of anything other than “Kongregate Card Game” or “Kongai”

Alternatively, something like Kongregate: Card Battle, or something like that.

Flag Post

I still like Kongai. Or we could just officially call it “The Metagame with Cards Where You Use the Cards You Got from the Challenges.” Has a nice ring to it, I think.