Forums Kongregate

Kongregate Stream (on YouTube)

20 posts

Flag Post

So, YouTube has this neat new streaming service, and I decided to make a channel for our community here at Kongregate. Basically it’s a live chat room with video, almost exactly like Kongregate… except with video! (they made the Kongregate of video out of the YouTube for games!!)

I’d like to keep the channel focused on music and Kongregate related videos, so feel free to add any video walkthroughs, or music that you like. Anyone can upload, and I’ll appoint a bunch of you as moderators to help keep it clean of other stuff. Other than that, just hang out there and chat. Enjoy the stream!

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for what we should do with the stream. Even though I’m a staff member, and I created it, consider this a community project (not official), similar to COCAK and the other places that have sprung up around our site. Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/stream?s=1152385025

Edit: Moved topic, because no one reads the Music forum. Shame on you all.

Flag Post

Go to this channel and afk there. Naos :D!

Flag Post

damijin, why did you post in the music forum at the first place?

Flag Post

Because when I first learned about Youtube streams I was like “Sweet, I listen to all kinds of music on YouTube, I should make like a radio channel of music I listen to.”

And then I was like “I should make a music channel for Kongregate to hang out!”

But, I guess there will be stuff on there besides music, so I’m just dumb :D

Still, people who post cool music will gain more cool points with me, cause I need things to listen to while I answer e-mails!

Flag Post

KONGREGATE STREAM FTW!!

Good idea, damijin.

Flag Post

If people upload junk, give it a thumbs down vote. If a few people do it, it will remove the video.

Flag Post

In case, a person starts screaming for authority…

Creator: Mike

Admins:
KongBot (Which I have no idea… Guess it’s a bot)

Mods:

JudeMaverick (gamesbond8)

Sylicas

Flag Post

<3 this, but it’s a little boring with so few people. :(

Flag Post

Who the heck labelled me as a mod? Rofl.

Flag Post

>Still, people who post cool music will gain more cool points with me, cause I need things to listen to while I answer e-mails!

ORLY?

(I can’t access there because I have a bad ISP which won’t let me watch Youtube video.) :(

Flag Post

sweet i’ll put some of my music on it

Flag Post

Dude, just load up Pandora.com. I don’t really listen to CDs or radio or mp3s or anything else any more. Pandora is my friend. It loves me. And if it ever leaves me again (stupid national day of radio silence), I’ll jump out a window…

Flag Post

Yeah Pandora’s awesome, but this way you get to listen to everyone else’s music too :) Plus, all sorts of fun Kongregate vids. I am in the process of adding tons of music to counterbalance the hip-hop heavy list provided by damijin and Sylicas :P Very very cool though.

Flag Post

I better like Deezer. www.deezer.com. B2T
I like the idea of a stream. But maybe you should make a button at kong like the Home, games, forum a.s.o. Then there would be more ppl I think.

Flag Post

Well, Kong is going to be loathe to put up a link to the stream, since that drives traffic away from their site. So, unless they could set up a partnership with youtube, or find a way to embed the streams, I doubt they’re going to be interested in officially supporting it.

Flag Post

Eh, it’s not an issue of traffic driving or anything like that, I just want it to be a little community thing. It seems fun. Also, im happy a bunch of people uploaded music while I slept!

Flag Post

Phoenix, I don’t see it as driving traffic away at all. I like to jam to some hip tunes while I play or chat. I almost always have music on. This way I can listen to kong members’ music while playing games and talking to them! It’s not like we can game on youtube or play songs on kong. I think it will only make the community stronger :)

Flag Post

Here’s one of my favorite songs. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5810362525993241455&amp;q=P.O.D.&amp;total=22188&amp;start=0&amp;num=10&amp;so=0&amp;type=search&amp;plindex=0

Flag Post

I’ll appoint a bunch of you as moderators to help keep it clean of other stuff.

M…m… mods? I get… a… banstick?

Flag Post

Awesome! :D I’ve been in the channel for about half an hour now, and the people are very kind. :)