Forums Kongregate

Kongregate Grew Up

54 posts

Flag Post

Indeed, Kongregate grew up right before my eyes. We started out small. We were all friendly, willing to contribute, and nice. About five forum posts a day, not much. Very little amounts of people in rooms. Yes, we were all happy. Now, I see about 500 forum posts every six hours. Almost instantaneous replies, and much more. It has it’s good sides, and it’s bad. In this topic, I would like to state the pros ‘n’ cons about this.

Pro’s

More people. More reason for Greg to get up and work. All the new features are coming because of the community. So many friends, so little time.

Con’s

Spammers, trolls, haters, asses. They come with the package. We have our good samaritans, but we mostly have these nuisances. If you are one, fess up, apologize, and shape up. We will understand.

What we can do

Help out. Be nice. Make the community a place that welcomes new members, not shouts out “omg, go wai n00b lol im tellng grg lol”. Yes, I have actually heard a conversation like that. Some new member was saying hello and how he loved the community and the website, and that he needed some help with navigation. He had the response previously mentioned, by someone who I instantly blocked. I then tried to explain to the new member that he was just a hater. I don’t expect the whole community to be perfect, I just want peace and order, like the Alpha, and the beginning-beta.

Flag Post

i want Peace, Love, and Understanding!

Flag Post

Hah! Hear hear, Retron. I remember the April days…I just realized that back then, we really were just a tiny bunch. Grew up big…but indeed, I wouldn’t mind seeing our community be just a little kinder around the edges.

Flag Post

i rember when i joined in january, there was nothing compared to what there is now, and that there was like 2 forums post a day and there was almost no chat going on in the chat rooms and there was only a couple rooms to go in.

Flag Post

i got here in July so it must have been hard for u guys without me!

Flag Post

Get off my damn lawn!

Flag Post

sorry! no need to cuss!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

did you hear that greg, more work for you, better move up your work quota :D

Flag Post

Now you have me, your resident programming helper who knows NOTHING about programming(nothing literal, but I understand variables and what you do, just not what you type to do it). I am also an uber gamer, and a little cocky. But you guys are nice, and I like the games, and kong has made me decide to try a little flash programming. Look out for my shooter in a couple years!

Flag Post

ok

Flag Post

Since I joined on June 4th, I basically got here at the very beginning of this era. I have been a good person on this site ever since, and most of the other people were cool back then. Now I can see all of the spammers and trolls emerging. I really wish the community was like it was before. I like how there are a lot of people here now, but the mods may need to give out warnings a little quicker now due to the change in the community.

EDIT: Hmm… that was a good 600th post, I hope.

Flag Post

Welcome to the internet. Just lower your expectations and you will be amazed how sweet it can be!

In all honesty forums are often where all the spammers/trolls/haters collect, so if I ever find a forum without those above I will be 1. amazed, and 2. noticing lots of mod activity and/or small user base.

Kong in comparison is actually pretty tame, and one of the better communities out there imho.

Flag Post

To respond to a troll is a deathmatch between Darth Vader and a puny Wookie. It will be a long battle, young padawan.

Flag Post

It was not very fun in January :(

You had to make an account to play games, there was only one room, forums were useless because no one used them… And of course no badges or cards.

The only good thing was that you got five points for rating games :D

Flag Post

I joined in July. From then on, i have not yet found a better site.

Flag Post

Imagine what it will be like When another big wave of people join…

Flag Post

I’m not sure what would cause a “wave of people” to join. I imagine it’s a slow-and-steady growth at this point, and barring any significant marketing push (perhaps the card game? or premium games?) I doubt we’ll see any sudden influx of players beyond the steady stream currently present.

Flag Post

Yea, i’ve only been here since late june, and alot has happened since i’ve been here. I would of loved to been around “back in the day” haha. I really love this site, i love the whole concept of collectible cards, badges, etc. I have made some grand friends on this site. Kudos to all. =]

Flag Post

Been here since late July, and like to think I’m a productive user. This site has the least spam/trollage of any site I’ve ever used.

Flag Post

It will be a long battle, young padawan.

OMG, someone wrote that in my yearbook and I had no idea what it means. Care to elaborate?

Anyways, I think the Kong community is great how it is; I haven’t noticed many spammers, tollers, or general meanies, and the chats are usually quite enjoyable.

Flag Post

I think the card game will bring in a big wave of people.

Flag Post

Its from Star Wars editundo. Lol

Flag Post

Hmm… I joined in early June. I think when I joined, there was not too much of a mass wave of people coming in… but then since badges came out, there has been a big population growth. I remember when Kongregate had a perfect community… meh

Flag Post

It wasn’t perfect. It didn’t have me. But in all seriousness, kong was far from perfect with its good community. Its forums were still rather useless at that time from what I gathered. And as you would agree ketchup, it didn’t have SCGMD2

Flag Post

April – that was a good month. We were active, invites were open to the public, and community was helpful. Now, in September, we have spammers, haters, trolls, etc., and I bearly get to have one COMPLETELY terrible chat experiance. Now, sometimes I meet up with Koko, who is a great user and a shining example of how this community should interact, or JudeMaverick, who is very funny and silly. Both these members contribute to the experiance of chat. Some of us should question ourselves… Why?