Forums Kongregate

No badges in almost a week?!?

50 posts

Flag Post

Where is Greg, there hasn’t been a new badge since Friday. What’s up? Are we out of games with API’s?

Flag Post

stop complaining about badges for gods (gregs) sake you don’t even have half of them. there are to many threads about how few badges there are when really we have what 72 or somthing. once you have every single badge then you will have the smallest reason possiple to complain about the amount of badges that there are.

Flag Post

Give them a break, i’m sure they are working on it.

there are still plenty of old badges to get still!

(at least for me, only level 9 lol)

Flag Post

for gods (gregs) sake you don’t even have half of them.

pwned?

Flag Post

K, we have 76 btw. everyone just needs to understand that GREG is REALLY HUMAN and he most likely has some kind of life other then kong(but i could be wrong)and he is prob trying to make badges that are acutally worth it, and not have every single person complain. there supposed to be another challenge tonight. So im sure he’s getting stuf ready for that tonight, and he most likley will add more badges with that game.

Flag Post

Ok guys, to clarify, I wasn’t complaining, just wondering. Usually, there is about 2 every three weekdays, in my short experience.

Flag Post

there has been many times where kong goes a week with out a single badge.

Flag Post

Well, I’d say even more than that Nick. It doesn’t take a long time (I imagine) to make a badge. What’s more important is that there is a LOT more to do than just make badges. Furthermore, how many good games are out there that support the API that don’t have a badge yet? I think they’ve done a fantastic job covering most of the decent API-supported games.

Flag Post

Badges are getting more and more difficult to create for two main reasons:

1. I’m using up the highly rated old games with our APIs.

2. More and more games are being released in AS3 or Flash 9, which our APIs do not currently support.

We’re working on the obvious solution for #2, and you’ll see more when that’s done. Not being able to do badges in Ball Revamped 5, Smiley’s War and Jelly Blocks was a bit of a disappointment, but you’ll see those games being used soon enough.

Flag Post

Like I said, I have very short experience. And Pheonix kinda anwered my question.

Flag Post

Yea i agree phoenix, there are more things to get done. example, card game. Everyone is wating for that. They have done an excellent job, theres no doubt about that.

Flag Post

Like greg said, im pretty sure everyone dosent want about 6 badges for each game. Im sure as soon as they can get the API’s to support ASE and flash 9, we’ll see more stuff.

Flag Post

Oohh, Greg really answered my question!

Flag Post

Well, I might owe you an apology smigbob. There was a rash of “ZOMG gimm3 m0r3 badgesss now or elsorzone” threads that went up over the past few weeks. This looked to be another one, and my tolerance for complaints against the Kong staff is pretty low. Anyway, I’m glad Greg was personally able to answer the question (and support my theories on the subject).

Flag Post

I have 70/76 badges, so I do have a reason to want some more. As soon as the card game is out and working well, I think that Kongregate should focus everything on supporting AS3 for the newer games. I have wanted a badge for Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe 2 for a long time.

Flag Post

I think that’s pretty obvious, as Greg specifically did say that they are working on AS3. I’m not really sure what pestering the developers gets you. You are not unique in your opinion and they are well aware of it. The squeaky wheel may get the oil, but the yappy dog will get the boot.

Flag Post

just wait until tonight, new challenge and that always comes with a few badges.

Flag Post

I quit Kongregate! Fire gerg! (or greg, w/e that guys name is)

Dont worry guys, AS3 support is already beginning. I put in some late hours the past couple of days getting a Kongregate production server running in my office, in preparation for the AS3 port. I just got it up late last night, which means I can soon delve into upgrading the game API. Support for new games is coming soon, there is hope yet ;)

Of course then you will just have to pester the developers. No api = no badges.

Oh, and be nice to gerg!

Flag Post

Of course were gona be nice to greg, greg+bad mood=nothing good for the site.
Im just kidding lol. O how i would love to acutally work for the site, but sigh im only a 16 yeard old kid, soon to go to a tech college. WOOOT!

Flag Post

>1. I’m using up the highly rated old games with our APIs.

Come on……so low rating games are also fun IMO. And what does your “highly rated” mean? 3.5 stars?

Flag Post

i need more badges!

Flag Post

Get them all first, then ask for more.

Flag Post

OOOOoooHHHhhh… I have them all!!! Can I complain?

Funny thing is, I don’t want to complain, its like when you have ll the badges you don’t really care much if there are more, you just sit back and enjoy kong, and its chat, and their wonderful mods. Its quite peaceful just chatting with some users or koko, or Kitten, or AlisonClaire… isn’t that the inner beauty of Kongregate anyway?

Its almost like this, You have almost all the badges, and you don’t think you can get the ones you have left to get, so you starting nagging yourself, then you ask for more badges so you have something to do (IE easier badges) to keep your mind off not having the other badges. Looking back on it, thats how I felt, could just be me though…

~~Bradley

Flag Post

so low rating games are also fun IMO

If a game were fun, why would it be rated lowly in the first place?

Flag Post

some people like certain games and some dont’ that explains low ratings, or maybe because people are lying about ratings