Forums Kongregate

No badges in almost a week?!? page 2

50 posts

Flag Post

Ok then, why does draw-play 2 have one?

Flag Post

Surely having the badge would make people pay more attention to it, thus rate it more fairly? Though in comparison to other unbadged games, the rating would be unfairly low

Flag Post

No, having a badge only forces the player to play it more, not “pay more attention to it and therefore have a more accurate rating”.

Flag Post

And have badge(s) in the game = more real money later for the author. LOL

Come on,Greg,make more badges for different games! NOW!

Flag Post

If I recall, Draw Play-2 had a rating that was close to 3.5 before the badge was released. Users must have been frustrated at the difficulty of the badge and lowered their rating unfairly.

That was the case of Eggy.

Flag Post

Draw Play 2’s rating was indeed hit very hard by the badge, as was WetDike’s. LightSprites also had a really good rating before the challenge, which makes me somewhat reluctant to add a badge, even if I personally think it really deserves one.

Flag Post

That is a very frustrating game with a steep learning curve. And like other games with ratings lowered significantly by badges, instead of providing a healthy challenge that makes us want to play again and again, they just make us pissed off more and more every time we attempt to play them. :P

Flag Post

I love games that make you try hard for badges. What I don’t like is games that give you no feedback until the end and then make you repeat everything to try again (like when the last stand had an impossible badge). The new badge for astroids revenge was like that too but at least that game only took a couple of minutes per run. I may lower my rating of a game if I get frustrated by something like that. Games that are just hard (like hexiom) but let you re-try levels until you can finally get them are fun and I enjoy working towards hard badges like that and would never lower my rating.

Flag Post

srry don’t know how to quote

quote for gods (gregs) sake you don’t even have half of them. unquote obssesed much?

Flag Post

U.U, ANTOHER WEEK WITH SAMES BORED BADGES….

Flag Post

Hey Dex, before you complain, make sure you get ALL i think 77 badges first. Then you have the right to complain. Thanks

Flag Post

Draw Play 2’s rating was indeed hit very hard by the badge

I just went on it and found my rating for it had disappeared. If that happened to other people too, it might partially explain the drop in rating. Also might explain why I dropped a couple of levels when I was on holiday this summer…

Has LightSprites gained all the awards it can? If so, I don’t see what further harm a badge could do. It’s on three stars right now, so it won’t be making the front few pages of the highly rated games. A badge will bring it at least some attention, though I wouldn’t advise an impossible badge, at least, not if it were the game’s only badge. Besides, it’s going to have the old card challenge again sometime, which can’t be any better than a badge.

I didn’t like the game that much because the pace of the game demanded a speed of orb pickup which the game itself often could not deliver, which got very frustrating, though it did look nice. Surely it is better that people play long enough to find that out and hence give a lower rating, than play for a bit and just rate highly for looks, since they have no need to pick up all the orbs quickly? I think it results in a more accurate rating, though I guess you could say it is unfair since some worse games will be rated higher on first sight (then again, some better games will be rated worse on first sight)

srry don’t know how to quote

Type bq. (text)

Flag Post

I just went on it and found my rating for it had disappeared. If that happened to other people too, it might partially explain the drop in rating.

No, it dropped fast. A day after the release of the badge, it had dropped quite significantly.

And as far as I can tell, the ratings have been kept, but it has been “detatched” from the users or something.

Flag Post

I don’t see what’s wrong with complaining. If you’re saying everyone should just leave Kongregate instead of complaining, they probably don’t want to see that happen. If people are constantly making posts about this, than it’s a real issue and it needs to be addressed. Unless you want the 50 or so hardcore K-fans to be your entire customer base in the long-term :)

I understand there’s only a limited number of high quality games out there, but as a player I’d much rather have lots of badges for so-so games, then only one or two a week. Yeah there’s 77 badges, but that’s over several months.

Flag Post

People are free to complain all they want, even if they don’t have all the badges. Stuff like this is often valuable feedback for us, and I definitely care more about hearing what members of the community are unhappy about than I do about not having my feelings hurt.

That being said, though, the two points I made in the first page of this thread still apply.

Flag Post

>1. I’m using up the highly rated old games with our APIs.

Then lower your standard a little bit……ex : 3.5 stars to 3 stars?

Flag Post

Then lower your standard a little bit……ex : 3.5 stars to 3 stars?

2 to 5 stars please. Starting with my games :D

Flag Post

Tatic, are you saying that there are only 50 hardcore fans of Kongregate? That’s the biggest load of bull I’ve heard since I left the farm! (haha, Fresh Prince reference) Is manifold written in AS3?

Flag Post

ok this is annoying i still don’t know how to do a thing thats all green………….. and im one of those 50 hardcore fans

Flag Post

There were 200~300 players (playing at a time) when I joined and now there’s 1,750~2,250 players so there’s obviously more than 50 fans out there :) But in terms of people who are active in the community and will likely stay around regardless of what’s happening with the site, there just isn’t enough room for 1000 people to constantly be making posts. Well at least until Kongregate gets really really huge!

I really care about the site doing well, it’s really been growing amazingly and I love the dream that anyone, big or small, can submit their game and make it big. But I do think the badges are a big issue, so I wanted to make a strong post about it so Greg and company know how I feel (as a customer). So hopefully it doesn’t get sidetracked with the million other things being added to the site :)

So sorry if I sounded like a jerk lol, and good luck!

Flag Post

I have all the badges. I’m not complaining, but the faster you bring them out the happier I’ll be! I love doing the badges and cards. It’s been a couple days now and I’m itching for some new ones. =)

Flag Post

I am really curious how much time does it take to make one AS2 badge once greg finds a game.(Im not complaining im rebelling[Im not sure thats how its spelt arcane my master i have failed you again])

Flag Post

If I try the DTD Impossible badge any more I’ll get cancer.

So besides that,this means I have a right to complain.

You however,don’t,since you only have 1/2 of the badges

Flag Post

i wish that greg would slow the card game thing down a bit though, the cards are long term, the badges are here to keep everyone here, not enough easier/newer/fun badges are poeple are gonna quit.

Flag Post

There will be badges… I sense them…