Forums Kongregate

SURVIVOR: Kongregate (22nd Kongregate Tournament, DEADLINE EXTENDED) Qualifying Round: / ESCAPE \ (locked)

142 posts

Flag Post

SURVIVOR: KONGREGATE

Welcome to the 22nd Kongregate Tournament and the first ever Survivor: Kongregate! As you may have guessed, this entire competition is structured around, well, surviving, whether it’s slaying wave after wave of zombies or running from giant alien robots. So, if you’re a fan of games like Canabalt and Tower of Greed, this tournament will be loads of fun for you. If not…well…this is going to be a bit difficult.

Before we get started, I want to make a few things clear:

RULES

One account per person
I’m instituting this rule because I don’t want the final round to be between one person and another person with four alts. Each person gets one account to compete in the tournament. Anyone caught using multiple accounts will have all their accounts disqualified.

Don’t do anything to gain an unfair advantage
Basically, don’t hack/glitch/cheat. This includes (but is not limited to), using programs like Cheat Engine to modify the game code/variables, editing your screenshots to show better scores, or using another person’s account. Anyone caught breaking this rule will have their scores invalidated and be automatically disqualified. If you suspect another player of hacking/cheating/glitching, DO NOT POST IT IN THIS THREAD. Instead, send me a private message, and I will look into it.

Pics or it didn’t happen
Screenshots are ALWAYS required as proof of a score. As much as I would like to believe that you got an amazing score, I will be needing a screenshot. Each game has its own screenshot requirements, so check each round. For screenshot help, go here.

Have fun
Probably the most important and least cited rule. The whole point of this is to play some games and have fun. Just relax.

PRIZES

First place will win bragging rights and a custom avatar. Also, there MAY be a game prize or Kreds in the form of a GameStop gift card; this will depend on how the competition goes.

Qualifier Round

So, you want to become the Kongregate Survivor, eh? Great! In order to enter, all you have to do is prove your electric-spike and laser dodging skills by climbing at least 150 meters in / ESCAPE \, then post a screenshot. The first 120 of you to submit your score by Friday, December 9th at 11:00 PM Pacific Time (Kongregate Time or GMT-8:00) will be accepted. Alternately, if we reach 120 people before then, the round will be automatically closed.

The screenshot must contain:
-Your score in the Game Over screen as shown
-Your ranking in the Today tab, with your name and score visible
-The green plug and your username in the upper right hand corner

You can see your progress and current ranking in the spreadsheet here. If your screenshot does not have all three of these, you will be asked to resubmit your score.

Good luck, and let the competition begin!

Flag Post

Flag Post

I have a small screen, so bottom of picture is missing.

Not exactly a winner, but what the heck? I’ll enter. :)
Woo! 308!
On my ‘Friends’ one – I have exactly 350. But I can’t enter that.

Flag Post

My second tournament Im entering.
Also, in your screenshot must contain section, shouldn’t it be upper right instead of upper left.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dragonrider1234:

Also, in your screenshot must contain section, shouldn’t it be upper right instead of upper left.

Whoops, my bad. Just corrected it.

Flag Post

Like I could refuse you? ;)

Flag Post

Flag Post

Now THIS sounds like my kind of tournament. I’ve always said that tournaments should include more games like this. (I’m also a huge Survivor fan, so that helps, too.)

Just don’t use either of the games you used as examples (Canabalt is overused and Tower of Greed… well, yeah.)

Here’s my qualifying screenshot:

Flag Post

http://imageshack.us/f/36/kongquals.png/

Flag Post

I’m a loyal dog to these Kongregate Tournaments.

P.S. I got the hard badge on another computer.

Flag Post

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/himmy3/escape.png

Flag Post
Originally posted by himma:

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/himmy3/escape.png

Himma, your hiscore tab doesn’t show your score with your name hilighted. Could you submit another screenshot?

Flag Post

http://imageshack.us/f/705/escapei.png/

Flag Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here ye go IH

Flag Post
Originally posted by booya1214:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here ye go IH

Can you submit another screenshot? Yours doesn’t show your score under the today tab.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/himmy3/300mescape.png

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Barely made the highscores. Good luck everyone.

Flag Post

Mah Kind of tournament! EDIT: I have no idea why the screenshot is that big…

Flag Post

You need any co-hosting/spreadsheeting help? You know I’d be glad to

Flag Post

]