Forums Kongregate

[Archive] Friday Challenges - Snail Bob 5: Love Story page 2

398 posts

Flag Post

It does not freeze for me.

Flag Post

That’s nice, but I still want my challenge.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

That’s nice, but I still want my challenge.

Perhaps send a message to the Developers to see if they could help?

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:

Oh it’s up! :D

You should maybe put a small note beside #5 saying that it was temporarily an unlock frag bombs in BTD4.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll do it, once the HTML decides to colaborate.

And yes, Raze 2 does lag a lot. I probably wouldn’t play it anymore after getting the challenge, but then I wanted to see how would the Human Campaign end.

The Quick Match thing is also pretty useful for getting more kills. (Or just to have some fun playing the game mode you like the most.)

Flag Post

I’m not doing the Raze challenge reason alreay have Frag Bombs and forever.

Flag Post

I’m disappointed in Greg for not actually beating the game before making the hard badge. I assume he did not beat it because he would have used the in-game achievement picture for the badge. :/

Flag Post

Raze 2 may as well be an impossible. Levels 11 and 14 were ridiculously hard, then I run into Level 15 which is utterly stupid hard and can’t see myself beating unless I get extremely lucky.

Flag Post
Originally posted by y0ttabyte:

Raze 2 may as well be an impossible. Levels 11 and 14 were ridiculously hard, then I run into Level 15 which is utterly stupid hard and can’t see myself beating unless I get extremely lucky.

I can’t figure out how to beat Level 15.

As for the game itself… I had more fun getting TDP4’s hard badge than Raze 2’s challenge.

Flag Post

I’m having enough trouble with the human campaign, I’m really not looking forward to the alien campaign.

Flag Post

The developer responded to my message. I do not know if they can find anything to fix, but if not, I will send in a missing achievement report before the end of the week.

Flag Post

In Raze 2 you are basically fighting against the enemy AI as well as your friendly AI. They will do everything in their disposal to grab all the good weapons and get themselves killed. At the same time, the enemies are benefited with better upgrades. Thus it’s a lose lose situation. The only way to win is to get really really lucky, and of course have a basic grasp of game mechanics. That being said, the badge should either be changed to an impossible, or be removed entirely. Clearly the badge maker didn’t finish the alien campaign and probably played till only level 6 or so, assuming that the rest of the levels would be the same. I don’t normally say this, but I think the game doesn’t even deserve more than a 3/5.

Flag Post

I don’t like this game.

To be frank I hate all platform games that have an ammo limit.

Flag Post

Hard is the correct difficulty.

Flag Post

I’m stuck on this level where you’re outnumbered in a CTF game (Alien Campaign). You’re paired with two moronic aliens who enjoy pressing their heads against the opponent’s bullets while hoarding as many weapons as they spawn in the most obscure location possible. Not to mention enemies who are armed to the teeth in explosives, with 100% headshots aim and perfect timing (espcially Rokit’s katana reflex).

I’ve enjoyed this game, but the unfairness is just…stupid.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lambard667:

I’m stuck on this level where you’re outnumbered in a CTF game (Alien Campaign). You’re paired with two moronic aliens who enjoy pressing their heads against the opponent’s bullets while hoarding as many weapons as they spawn in the most obscure location possible. Not to mention enemies who are armed to the teeth in explosives, with 100% headshots aim and perfect timing (espcially Rokit’s katana reflex).

I’ve enjoyed this game, but the unfairness is just…stupid.

That’s one of the harder levels, but it’s certainly doable.

Flag Post

its really just poor game design when your own allies are the biggest enemies you face in the game.

thats the biggest reason of several why this game is a 1/5 for me, and why its a hard badge i will never even attempt. it didnt deserve badges.

Flag Post

Managed to get the hard badge after many, many retries. Managed to kill the Raze Soldier 5 times in the first minute, and the rest was a breeze. Killed off the Raze before the other Humans with about 1 minute to go (although chasing down the easy kills in the final minute was a bit of a nerve wreck).

Flag Post

The Raze Soldier has a life limit? The most annoying part was at the end where he just decided to play hide and seek and you simply couldn’t kill him enough times within the time limit. There’s a difference between hardcore difficulty and unbelievably stupid level design.

Flag Post

Surely there are certain weapon/passives/ability set-ups that’ll make it easier?

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

Surely there are certain weapon/passives/ability set-ups that’ll make it easier?

Yeah, the Holy Grail and Rocket Launcher are the best weapons because they can net you one hit kills against anything other than the Raze Soldier. With 2x damage you can even one hit the Raze Soldier. For ability set ups, the Power Extender, Extra Clips, and the Adrenaline Boost helped a lot. But even with a set up like this you’ll still need a tremendous amount of luck. For example you won’t know when enemies will respawn beside you, or snipe you to death from above, or when your ally suddenly steals your powerups/weapons. This is exacerbated by the fact that there isn’t a minimap.

Flag Post

Never EVER misses. That Katana Rokit…

Flag Post

Rokit is just insane. Even when we’re on air his aim is PERFECT. When we’re on ground, he uses that Katana. And then I’m like ragequit.

EDIT: I actually wonder what’ll be tomorrow’s challenge. Usually they come with the badges. My guess would be Long Way, but I don’t think the game has API, so I’m completely clueless.

Flag Post

Guys, it’s not that hard. Try using the Ripper, Photon Blaster, Shotgun, Assault Bouncer/Bubble Blaster, Holy Grail, Shredder/Focus Beam/Lazor Minigun, and Rocket Lawnchair. Use the equipment where it gives you 1 health instead of death. Use the Katana. It really isn’t that hard.

Flag Post

Wait, that ability that gives you 1 health on a fatal hit actually works? It never seemed to work for me, always seemed to get one-shot by the Raze Soldier whenever he had the rocket launcher (which was almost all of the time) even when I had that ability equipped.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GameBuilder15:

Guys, it’s not that hard. Try using the Ripper, Photon Blaster, Shotgun, Assault Bouncer/Bubble Blaster, Holy Grail, Shredder/Focus Beam/Lazor Minigun, and Rocket Lawnchair. Use the equipment where it gives you 1 health instead of death. Use the Katana. It really isn’t that hard.

True, the difficulty itself isn’t that hard. It’s the way the levels are designed which creates the fake difficulty. For example, you need to be lucky to find the Raze Soldier in the last level or you’ll run out of time, regardless of whether you’re skilled at the game or not.

Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

Wait, that ability that gives you 1 health on a fatal hit actually works? It never seemed to work for me, always seemed to get one-shot by the Raze Soldier whenever he had the rocket launcher (which was almost all of the time) even when I had that ability equipped.

It works, and it’s very useful on the last level. I’m not sure whether it has a cooldown or you have to be at full health for it to activate.