Forums Kongregate

[Archive] Friday Challenges - Snail Bob 5: Love Story page 3

397 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

Wait, that ability that gives you 1 health on a fatal hit actually works? It never seemed to work for me, always seemed to get one-shot by the Raze Soldier whenever he had the rocket launcher (which was almost all of the time) even when I had that ability equipped.

It works. Maybe you were getting killed by fire damage. And yes, the time thing is a stupid way to make difficulty, but it really isn’t that hard.

Flag Post

So it seems that the next challenge is going to be Gibbets 3, and the prize is another card for Tyrant.

Flag Post

more crappy tyrant rewards. i just dont see the appeal of that game, but ill try out gibbets 3 anyway, just not for the challenge.

Flag Post

Well, the hard badge was surprisingly simple, I was more expecting one for getting a star rating on each level, or at least on a certain amount of levels, but I guess since that’s not a reported stat it would have been an issue. At least it was moderately fun to play through.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

Well, the hard badge was surprisingly simple, I was more expecting one for getting a star rating on each level, or at least on a certain amount of levels, but I guess since that’s not a reported stat it would have been an issue. At least it was moderately fun to play through.

yeah it was relatively simple, but that genre of game is usually simple. i found that it was easy enough to figure out what to do each level, it just sometimes required good timing, which took some retries.

Flag Post

Managed to finish it in 30 minutes… not as tedious as I would have imagined though.

Flag Post

one level in the 40s gave me a lot of trouble, took me at least 30 retries. its one where the sun would be blocking the way of an oil barrel thats on a moving platform.

just read the comments, and you posted that you can kill the sun and now i feel stupid :P. i did it in a very contrived way, as the barrel was tipping id shoot at it so it would slip and fall on its side, i needed pinpoint accuracy and timing to pull it off.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

one level in the 40s gave me a lot of trouble, took me at least 30 retries. its one where the sun would be blocking the way of an oil barrel thats on a moving platform.

just read the comments, and you posted that you can kill the sun and now i feel stupid :P. i did it in a very contrived way, as the barrel was tipping id shoot at it so it would slip and fall on its side, i needed pinpoint accuracy and timing to pull it off.

That was actually level 51, the last level lol. I was having some problems with it too, then I experimented with shooting at the sun to see if the arrows stuck there would somehow collide with the barrel and tip it over. Came across this method by accident. I’m thinking this is the intended method for finishing the level, just that isn’t very intuitive at first glance.

Flag Post

Please add more tyrant cards! I am really loving these challenges. Maybe slip in the occasional better card too :)

Flag Post

Please add more tyrant cards!

Or maybe some token prizes for EdgebeeStudios games :D

Flag Post

Just finished it. Took me about an hour. Pretty easy hard badge, but hey, I’m not complaining!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vizuna:
Originally posted by bobby71983:

That was actually level 51, the last level lol. I was having some problems with it too, then I experimented with shooting at the sun to see if the arrows stuck there would somehow collide with the barrel and tip it over. Came across this method by accident. I’m thinking this is the intended method for finishing the level, just that isn’t very intuitive at first glance.

It’s quite stupid to introduce a new mechanic like that on the final level. :/

Flag Post

It took me a few tries to understand what I was supposed to do on the last level.
And yeah, I had to also shoot the barrel so it would fall on it’s side.

The game was kinda fun, anyway. And the challenge is way faster to complete than Raze 2’s.

Flag Post

It’s funny how five out of seven so far picked challenge games have been sequels. MM3, FZ3, FF2, R2 and G3.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

It’s funny how five out of seven so far picked challenge games have been sequels. MM3, FZ3, FF2, R2 and G3.

I’d take that more as a comment on how many sequels we’ve been getting.

Flag Post

I’m disappointed to all that pixel hunting gibbets 3 requires :(

Also, the game is totally absurd. I shoot a man in the gallows to head, rope snaps off, man lives and game informs me I have saved him
Needs more challenge, less levels to pixel hunt

Flag Post

Aaaand, apparently the next challenge is for Dibbles 2: Winter Woes → Fantasy Online. I haven’t played this game yet, but the first one was kind of interesting.

Fun fact: It’s another sequel.

Flag Post

What is this sequel madness?! We could’ve had that nerdook game, but no! Another sequel!

Yeah, I’m fine with this challenge. A fun, but slightly challenging game.

Flag Post

I’m enjoying this one more than the first :D

Already earned theFriday challenge, not to bad, IMO.

Flag Post

its a good game, not really my thing but i def gave it a 5/5.

Flag Post

I think this thread could deserve a bump for the fact that we are gonna get a challenge today. Guessing Adventure Story or William and Sly 2.

Flag Post

Nah, I think it’ll be Kingdom Rush.

Flag Post

If it has an API, then. But at least it isn’t public currently, if it has one.

Flag Post

New one’s up btw

Flag Post

Adventure Story.

Not a sequel.

Just a game featuring the cast of Bullet Heaven and Epic Battle Fantasy 1, 2 and 3.