Forums Kongregate

[Archive] Friday Challenges - Snail Bob 5: Love Story page 4

398 posts

Flag Post

I was kinda late today, but just updated stuff.
I thought it was going to be William and Sly 2, but Adventure Story is also awesome.

Looks like the challenge rewards are going to be for the same games now, heh.

EDIT: So, right. It’s Friday again, I’d put my guesses on Kingdom Rush or City Siege 3, but not completely sure.

Flag Post

Kingdom Rush is the top-rated game. I’m going to be completely surprised if it doesn’t get 4 badges and the challenge.

Flag Post

Well, Kingdom Rush does have API (not sure if it didn’t before, but it does now), so I hope that it does get the challenge and badges. I’m only about half way done it right now, but it’s one of the better executed games recently.

EDIT: Sigh… I’m always wrong.

Flag Post

Baddie Brigade Challenge in City Siege 3:
Complete level 10 in City Siege 3 to unlock the Iron Breastplate of the Eye in Chronicles of Herenvale!

Flag Post

Yeah, it wasn’t for Kingdom Rush. I was hoping it would be, heh. I haven’t played City Siege 3 yet, but if I remember well the second one was nice.

Flag Post

City Siege 3 is an alright game, I had it partially done already, but it’s just very similar to the predecessors, easier even. The API seems a little buggy though, since a bunch of the stats aren’t submitting, or aren’t updating properly (I had to beat the final level twice because apparently it stopped updating “levels beaten” and other stats, like all gold medals, for me and I didn’t realize until I beat it a first time).

I kind of figured that Kingdom Rush wasn’t going to be the challenge game, since raw said that it’d be some time due to some issues.

Flag Post

city seige 3 is another lackluster sequel. it feels almost exactly like the others in the series. i hate when devs do this, just a straight out cash grab.

this is the kind of thing that needs to stop happening on kong, giving badges to rehashed sequels.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

this is the kind of thing that needs to stop happening on kong, giving badges to rehashed sequels.

I agree, to an extent. There are times that I absolutely loved the sequels to games, such as Run 2, GemCraft Chapter 0/Labyrinth, William and Sly 2 (I liked it more than the first, for some reason), but also times that I feel like it’s just another level pack, like with Sugar Sugar Christmas, Red Remover games, and so on, and then there are grey area games, like Protector (each game had some slight difference), Epic War (again, some little differences), and such. The main issue is that the general masses continue to rate these sequels highly, and as such they’re prime candidates for badges, the same thing happens with MMO games.

Flag Post

I just realized that the new challenge reward made the ‘my items’ section of my profile go into two rows.

Flag Post

So yeah. All That Matters will be getting badges, and a challenge, it seems. I haven’t played the game yet.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Neomonster:

So yeah. All That Matters will be getting badges, and a challenge, it seems. I haven’t played the game yet.

its a decent game. the voice acting is very annoying so i play the game muted, but other than that, i like it.

Flag Post

Probably worth noting that you don’t actually have to complete “all” 25 levels to get the first Medium – level skip will work just fine so long as you beat 25 itself. But you’ll need to beat all 25 levels to get all the hearts. The Challenge is properly phrased.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Neomonster:

It’s a game about pringles chips

Flag Post

Chuck the Sheep → Tyrant.
I haven’t even heard about Chuck the Sheep yet. But after all, I’ve been quite inactive here on Kong this week. Also, Tyrant’s prize for the third time, if I recall correctly.

Flag Post

Chuck the Sheep is a jmtb launcher game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Chuck the Sheep is a jmtb launcher game.

Oh, yay. :p

Flag Post

What badges do you think Chuck The Sheep will get? I’m hoping for a hard for getting all achievements, a medium for beating the game and maybe an easy for reaching the snow area.

Flag Post

as much as kong wants it, i will never play tyrant again. gonna be another game where i dont claim the prize.

chuck the sheep is..meh, its alright. he has made better games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlackBone:

What badges do you think Chuck The Sheep will get? I’m hoping for a hard for getting all achievements, a medium for beating the game and maybe an easy for reaching the snow area.

Sounds good. :)

edit: BADGES! 1 Easy, 3 Mediums, awesome.

Flag Post

3 Mediums, woah. I haven’t seen many games with more than two badges of a kind. Buy anyway, the game is kind of fun.

Flag Post

Cuboy: Cubeture 2

Fat-Tastic Poetry Challenge
Earn a Diamonds x250 in Homerun In Berzerk Land: Berzerk Ball

Flag Post

Ah, some different game. Hurray!
I actually like Homerun in Berzek Land. Pretty nice launch-something-and-try-to-keep-it-in-the-air game.
And kind of nice to see the sequel to Cubeture was made.

Will update the OP now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

Cuboy: Cubeture 2

Fat-Tastic Poetry Challenge
Earn a Diamonds x250 in Homerun In Berzerk Land: Berzerk Ball

that might be incentive enough for me to finish that game, its one of the few launchers that i was never a real fan of, but the diamonds might help.

Flag Post

Great game, best reward so far, IMO.
This is my favorite Friday challenge to date.

Flag Post

Some Experience Required Challenge
Gold_pack_small-_cotd

Earn 500 experience points to unlock the gold pack in Clash of the Dragons! Start the challenge »

500 Experience Points Gained – If you have not yet played Clash of the Dragons, you may need to refresh Clash of the Dragons after the first load to earn your gold pack after you’ve completed this challenge. [Best so far: ]

Hurry, challenge ends in 6 days!