Forums Kongregate

[Archive] Friday Challenges - Snail Bob 5: Love Story page 8

398 posts

Flag Post

Slip and Slide Challenge
Earn the Darla Cross, the Saucy Wench card!

Complete 10 levels in the Ice Temple to unlock Darla Cross in Kongai!

Brings back memories of the old Kongai weekly challenges.

Flag Post

Ops, long time no update.
Will deal with stuff right now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

Just thought I would mention there’s sort of a bug in the final battle. When I won the first time, the game didn’t continue after the fight and no badge. I had to redo the fight, but afterwards it still didn’t continue, but it did award the badge the second time around.

Same thing happened to me as well. This game had so much potential, but beyond the artwork, just about everything on it was a major let down.

Yep. Story was kind of cliche, battle system got pretty boring past the first 2 chapters, inventory system was kind of shallow, personally. Trophies were a bit confusing for some users, though not me. And the end battle glitch. I had to take a screenshot to get the badge.

It sucked how nothing new was introduced after the first chapter – new battle item or something would make it more interesting. Also, the earlier trophies were heavily relying on OHKO, thus a good roll. And there’s no quit button either :/

Flag Post

sees a kongai character’s face when moused over the achievement tab
instagasm

yesss finally, kongregate is doing it right for once!
why did they stop giving kongai cards for challenges D:< they need to promote their own game better

Flag Post

shame nobody plays kongai anymore, im not sure this will help that much.

time will tell.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

shame nobody plays kongai anymore…

time will tell.

Guess I’m “nobody” then

Flag Post

No. 2 Hero Challenge

Earn a Baby Demon in Crystal Saga

Arm yourself with the pencil weapon in Fancy Pants World 3 to unlock the Baby Demon in Crystal Saga!

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

No. 2 Hero Challenge

Earn a Baby Demon in Crystal Saga

Arm yourself with the pencil weapon in Fancy Pants World 3 to unlock the Baby Demon in Crystal Saga!

i actually liked crystal saga, but im already playing too many mmo’s so crystal saga cannot find a place in my schedule.

ill end up getting this most likely while going for the badge.

Flag Post

It won’t let me use Baby Demon that I unlocked from Fancy Pants World 3 what doe that mean?

Flag Post

From what little I’ve seen of the game, the Baby Demon seems to appear in your Pet submenu.

Flag Post

I have no idea where or how to get the pencil. And Google’s no help. _

Flag Post
Originally posted by AtomicKitKat:

I have no idea where or how to get the pencil. And Google’s no help. _

Just play through the game normally and you’ll come to it :P I think it’s on the pirate cove level, but you’ll know when you’ve passed it because there will be a wall in the way.

Flag Post

Talesworth Adventures: The Lost Artifacts is this week.

Tree Hugger Challenge
Earn a Rubber Shotguns Premium in TDP4 Team Battle
Defeat Grog to unlock the Rubber Shotgun in TDP4!

Flag Post

I couldn’t actually find the Rubber Shotgun once I had done it, where does it show up in-game?

I’m not a fan of TPD4 myself but I don’t like thinking I’ve missed something.

Flag Post

Since no one has posted yet:

Vampire Hunter Challenge

Defeat Dark Blood III in Nano Kingdoms to unlock the Monster Hunter’s Handbook in Clash of the Dragons!

Is it just me or did they change the badge image for the medium?

Flag Post

They did change it. greg requested a picture of the final boss and someone must’ve given him it.

Flag Post

I really liked Nano Kingdoms, though I found that almost every level could be done using the same simple strategy of spam-building a certain unit, and then sending them all in one large wave (it worked for me for every level except the last). For the last level, however, I’m not really sure what happened while I was playing it, since I may have encountered a bug.

I realized in the start/middle part of my second attempt (after losing my first with the opponent having only 100 health left) that the enemy only produced and sent units out after you beat the previous wave sent, so you can abuse it a bit by just leaving one of the ranged units alone, and then producing as much as possible in the mean time. However, while doing this, the opposing ranged unit attacked one of mine, so mine went out and killed it, then returned back to my base. Surprisingly, no more units were produced by the opponent, for at least another minute and a half, so I stacked up my army to full capacity and full upgrades, sent them over, and in one push was able to win the level. I suppose that I should go back and finish the level in a proper way, but seeing as how I didn’t do anything wrong, except not attack the opponent while he slowly attacked me with one guy, I think it’s fine for now (if anyone can reproduce this, I think it’d be worth mentioning to the developer).

Flag Post

Street Cleaner

Kill 1000 zombies in Nuclear Outrun to unlock the Kong Tube in Fantasy Online!

Flag Post

I’m going to run out of inventory for these Kong items in FO. :P

Flag Post

The Quahog Challenge

Squash 400 gummies to earn a change to win a Kong T-shirt, Points, and Kreds!

PS. There’s a typo there, interestingly there is no typo on my profile after getting the ticket. You guys have two different fields for the two areas?

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure the Quahog Challenge isn’t the Friday challenge, but a separate thing. I could be wrong though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:

I’m pretty sure the Quahog Challenge isn’t the Friday challenge, but a separate thing. I could be wrong though.

You are correct. It’s a ticket challenge.

Flag Post

Brazillian Tracks

Finish 1st place on the first 3 tracks in Formula Racer 2012 to unlock the Grim Visage of the Rose in Chronicles of Herenvale!

Flag Post

WHY DO THEY KEEP GIVING AWARDS TO AN UNBADGED GAME?

if its such a good game, why no badges?

(i want incentive to play the game, already playing enough mmo’s to start another)

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

WHY DO THEY KEEP GIVING AWARDS TO AN UNBADGED GAME?

if its such a good game, why no badges?

(i want incentive to play the game, already playing enough mmo’s to start another)

The badges usually come up shortly after the challenge, I’m not sure why exactly, maybe they somehow want to gauge how people are reacting to the game so that they can put more appropriate badges on it (like they have a few different options lined up, and want to see what’s best). Or maybe I’m completely wrong and they just want to put it on unbadged games because it gives people something new to play (I feel kind of lazy when a challenge is put up and I instantly earn it because I already beat the game).

That being said, I’ve already beaten this game, three times (twice during the beta, since updates were being made, and once upon full release), but I haven’t completely finished off everything (by ‘beaten’ I just mean that I came first in every race), so now I have more incentive to.