Forums Kongregate

[Archive] Friday Challenges - Snail Bob 5: Love Story page 9

397 posts

Flag Post

I think bobby meant that why is the awarded item to a non-badged MMO.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

I think bobby meant that why is the awarded item to a non-badged MMO.

yes :P

i wouldnt ask if it happened once or twice, but this is like 5 or 6 times and just wondering why they keep promoting an unbadged game. its like the only game i can think of that they do this too so wondering why its special.

Flag Post

Ah, my bad then, I read it as the challenges being added to games without badges. Well, I suppose that they’re just trying to get those games more plays, since they have microtransactions, and it means that if they can get more people to play them then they might get more customers. It’s a business strategy in that case, and besides, would you really rather have more mystery boxes for Dream World awarded or some random aesthetic item for Fastasy Online? Maybe it’s even a hint that this game that keeps getting these challenges is eventually getting badges of its own, but I’m just speculating at this point.

Flag Post

its strange advertisement. badging a game inarguably gets many more players.

all you gotta do is give it a very easy easy, and a medium that takes a day or two(the standard formula) once people start an mmo, they are much much more likely to keep playing, but only if they ever start.

i wont even start the game till its badged.

Flag Post

There’s probably just a limited number of games that are equipped to regular give items for challenges, and Kong doesn’t want all of the challenges to be on Team Police 4, Fantasy Online, and Kongai.

Flag Post

They could give pieces in Zening, or brass/items in Remnants of Skystone.

Flag Post

Since nobody posted yet…

Domo Arigato Challenge

Purchase 10 upgrades in Robot Legions to unlock the Fury Walker in Tyrant!

Flag Post

Bad game choice. Considering the options there would’ve been (Paladog, Monsters’ Den Chronicles, Gem Cave Adventures, there are also some other ones as well) I was a little disappointed with this challenge.

Flag Post

I liked Robot Legions. Short and fun. I don’t like Paladog, very tedious. The first few levels I “played” with my eyes closed: Just summon units and cast magic – if it auto summoned units for me the game could play itself without my help. I got bored and stopped. I just tried level 3, and all I did was hold down the 1 key. Why can’t the game hold down the 1 key for me? Then I could do something else while the game plays itself. On level 4 I just pressed 1 and J over and over – I can do it with my eyes closed, and the game could do it for me. Does it get better? As is, I rate it 1 star since the game plays itself and does not need my help.

Anyway,

If you lost your savegame on Robot Legions, rename chat.kongregate.com/gamez/0014/4755/live/robot_legions.swf to robot_legions_kong.swf – why do developers do that?

Flag Post

The award for the challenge has changed, now it’s the Amplifying Mass card (instead of the Fury Walker).

I wonder why it was changed.

Edit: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/268650-fury-walker-nevermind-amp-mass

Flag Post

What to expect for this week’s Friday challenge? I think Monsters’ Den Chronicles, however I feel like they’re gonna keep its badges and possible challenge for the 2000th badge coming out next week (or I hope next week, that is). Maybe Gem Cave Adventure? That could be a fun choice.

Flag Post

The problem with Monsters’ Den Chronicles is that the API only has one stat right now, Renown.

Flag Post

OP was outdated since forever. Everything should be fine now, I guess.

Flag Post

What to expect for this week’s Friday challenge? I think Monsters’ Den Chronicles, however I feel like they’re gonna keep its badges and possible challenge for the 2000th badge coming out next week (or I hope next week, that is). Maybe Gem Cave Adventure? That could be a fun choice.

I’m thinkin’ Paladog!

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

I’m thinkin’ Paladog!

I hope not. No one replied to my post about it, so I guess people agree. I simply can’t find the game in it – it plays itself, so it’s more of a simulation than a game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by askon:
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

I’m thinkin’ Paladog!

I hope not. No one replied to my post about it, so I guess people agree. I simply can’t find the game in it – it plays itself, so it’s more of a simulation than a game.

HA! So I guess it’s more like Epic War than I originally thought it was.

Flag Post

Slip and Slide is incorrect in the first post. It was ‘Complete 10 levels’ instead of ‘Complete level 10’. Also, I think that No. 2 Hero should be ‘Find the Pencil Weapon’ instead ‘Pencil Weapon Found’ because the first one sounds more of a task.

Flag Post

Monster Exterminator

Destroy all the enemies on a single floor in Monsters’ Den Chronicles to unlock Starbuck in Kongai!

Flag Post

So… is Enigmata: Stellar War just not loading for anyone else?

There doesn’t seem to be any scripts I’m blocking and enabling cookies didn’t work. So I’m a bit stumped.

(btw, complete level 3 in that game is the weekly challenge.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

There doesn’t seem to be any scripts I’m blocking and enabling cookies didn’t work. So I’m a bit stumped.

The game has badges while I cannot find them in badge page. That’s weird…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gomo_Psivarh:
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

The game has badges while I cannot find them in badge page. That’s weird…

That often happens, games don’t appear in the badge page for about 10 minutes.

Flag Post

Slip and Slide is incorrect in the first post. It was ‘Complete 10 levels’ instead of ‘Complete level 10’. Also, I think that No. 2 Hero should be ‘Find the Pencil Weapon’ instead ‘Pencil Weapon Found’ because the first one sounds more of a task.

Thank you.
Also, updated stuff.

Flag Post

Works for me. Is it still failing for you?

Flag Post

Well, something I did in the last few hours seems to have fixed the problem. Don’t know what was causing it, but it’s fine now.

Flag Post

Also, the challenge seems to award after beating level 2, not level 3. Not complaining, mind.