Forums Kongregate

Official Kong Plus Thread page 34

1014 posts

Flag Post

There must always be someone to catch everyone where they didnt see it coming. Alright. Point taken. And I do apologize myself. I did go way over the line. And your right, its not affecting it much, if anything at all.

Originally posted by haleyyyy:

Kongregate, your turning into gamestop. Im sorry, but $30 just for the chat rooms, crappy skins, and faster help for support we should already get? Sorry, but you all really just dropped from respect.

If they offer too much people would complain k+ people get too many good features. It’s more like a donation to get a few bonuses on your favourite site.

If you needed money, you could have done other things, idk, lower the price of kong creds, or something.

Lowering price =/= more money.

I loved kongregate because the only way you guys ever asked for money, would be from the adds and kong creds, which are simply given to developers for the most part, and you guys keep a small profit, which is amazing. But, i bet gamestop has something to do with the whole kongregate Plus, since power up rewards are included into this, 2x the points? really?

Admins already explained why kong plus was decided on. It doesn’t affect you and has minimal features so why care?

I agree with ElBandito81 , even if he rejects his words, they are very much true. We can tell the only reason he ‘apologized’ was because you probably threatened to take his games off kong, or something. Ban my account, i really dont care, you guys are turning online gaming, into a complete joke.

He apologized since he was being rude. There is no reason to ban you or “threaten to remove his games”.

Mark my words, this is just stupid. instead of wasting my cash on this, why dont i pay $30 more bucks on my xbox, where there are LEGIT games. Shoot, i could even get some microsoft points, or even pay for netflix. Hows that? My apologies to any and all developers. I know how hard you guys work to make the games, and most of you actually get paid, so, my congrats and sincere apologies. And kongregate, if you really need the money, make it worth it the $30, cus if your on google chrome, you can use add blocker. Look it up on google, (works on many sites like youtube and stuff too)

No one is forcing you to pay for it. Why do you care so much if it offers nothing? Your kongregate experience shouldn’t be affected if something with minimal features is introduced. You’re saying that as if kong is requiring people to pay to access the site. Go buy netflix or whatever, no one is saying otherwise. The whole point of it not offering much is so people don’t complain you need it for all the awesome updates kong could have had.

There must always be someone to catch everyone where they didnt see it coming. Alright. Point taken. And I do apologize myself. I did go way over the line. And your right, its not affecting it much, if anything at all. Thanks!

Flag Post

29.99 is too much they need to reduce it to 19.99

Flag Post

Why are the language filters still applied in private rooms?

Flag Post
Originally posted by tingmarco4:

29.99 is too much they need to reduce it to 19.99

What, you’ve never heard of “boiling the frog”?

You can expect Kong to offer K+ (perhaps minus one feature no one cares about as “K+ Lite”) for $4.99 within six months.

Of course, KongStop will then learn that the problem doesn’t so much come from the actual price, as the deeper principle of paying for a FREE gaming site in the first place. I’ll pay content producers; I’ll give Kong a pass in my AdBlock rules so they can pay the electric bill. But damn my eyes if I’ll pay for a site that hosts its own community’s freely uploaded content.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ruudiluca:

Why are the language filters still applied in private rooms?

Despite your private chatroom is literally private and open only for people who got the invite, using strong cuss words or harassing other users is still against conduct guidelines

Nobody wants to get insulted

It’s not about rooms inpublicity, it’s about behavioral rules

Flag Post

I’d be interested to see how many people have actually bought K+ so far.
Could I hear a specific number? :)

Also interested in how many people got it for free. ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ruudiluca:

I’d be interested to see how many people have actually bought K+ so far.
Could I hear a specific number? :)

Also interested in how many people got it for free. ;)

I’m curious about this as well, but for now, I am going to take a guess at about 1000-1500 buyers.

Flag Post

ads a annoying if they a moving i use adblocker plus and blocked the stupid kongbot pictures.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by CandyCastle:

Are you ever going to buy KongPlus?

im in the no %.

Flag Post

Guess what I`m not buying…

Though it has nothing to do with feeling like I am being ripped off it`s more like I can’t afford it now.

Flag Post

I posted this in the suggestion thread, but I’m going to put it here as well, because it’d be really nice. I currently use my private room for my friends in AI. It’s really, really tedious inviting them, because you can only do it from the friend screen or if they’re in the same room as you. So, a few suggested modifications:

1. Allow someone to show up on the ’Friend’s Online’ list if they’re in a game room only.
2. To bypass 1 completely, allow an auto-rejoin or a ‘guest list’ for rooms.
3. Please don’t close private rooms during maintenance.

Flag Post

You can also use the “/invite username” chat command, PsychoticGnome, if you aren’t already.
It works regardless of which room you and the invitee are in, and you don’t need to have them friended.

That might help somewhat, until the system has been improved.

Flag Post

I was not aware of that command. That makes things much easier, thank-you. It was annoying having to friend all these people and mess around with invites.

Flag Post

No suggestion page. So I guess I will spill it here.

Kongregate plus memberships should have more
perks. What happened to playing beta test
games for kreds?

No weekly challenges just for kong+ users?
What about a chance to get kred discounts?

No chance to get free kreds? A Kong cap or T-shirt
just for being a Kong+ member?

I shoulda read the fine print.

Flag Post

There won’t be K+ exclusive stuff, like contests.

Flag Post

do mods get free K+?

Flag Post
Originally posted by pacachornp:

do mods get free K+?

Yes, I believe so.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pacachornp:

do mods get free K+?

Yep, we don’t get the 50 kreds that comes with it, so a fair deal. :D

Flag Post

Are there going to be any new K+ features soon? It has been 6 months already and no new updates on K+.

Flag Post
Originally posted by acedragon64:

Are there going to be any new K+ features soon? It has been 6 months already and no new updates on K+.

Why does K+ need to be updated?

Flag Post

What happened to playing beta test games for kreds?

What does this mean exactly? Paying kreds to play beta test games? Receiving kreds for it? The latter sounds kind of absurd.

No weekly challenges just for kong+ users?

That depends on what’s given in them.

What about a chance to get kred discounts? No chance to get free kreds?

Remember that we’re dealing with real money here. They can’t just make everything cheaper. It has to still be profitable for them.

A Kong cap or T-shirt just for being a Kong+ member?

That would be cool, but again the costs need to be low enough for it to be profitable.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by acedragon64:

Why does K+ need to be updated?

Because I’m greedy and want more :3

Flag Post

I got K+, now i get all the ladies.

Flag Post

Hi.
I’m new here.