Originally posted by Seesine:

Hi.
I’m new here.

Haii.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seesine:

Hi.
I’m new here.

Welcome to the K+ cult. The blood of noobs is in the fridge and the gored kittens are still cooking.

Flag Post

Kong plus is starting to feel like Kongregate minus. Nothing was wrong with
my kong experience before purchasing a membership. I mean anyone can
block out ads. If ya wanna talk in private just click on that persons name
and click private chat.

I was expecting other perks and maybe some kreds a couple of times
a month just for being a member. I mean, what happened to beta
testing games for kreds?

I guess I missed that party when some jerk messed that
up for other people.

K+ members should never have to hoe around with surveys
to get a few kreds either. Maybe get a baseball cap, T-shirt
or a new video game for the system of your choice.

Should of done more looking before leaping.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vidiot966:

block out ads. If ya wanna talk in private just click on that persons and
click private chat.

testing games for kreds?

up for other people.

to get a few kreds either.

It literally is the most useless premium membership that I can think of for any site I’ve been too. I wouldn’t even call it kong-, it’s just kong=. Kong+ get absolutely zero advantages, what’s the point?

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

It literally is the most useless premium membership that I can think of for any site I’ve been too. I wouldn’t even call it kong-, it’s just kong=. Kong+ get absolutely zero advantages, what’s the point?

I think that it’s supposed to be designed to allow people to get some extra features that aren’t necessary, so that they don’t gain some sort of advantage over non-paying users. The majority of the things involved are purely cosmetic, and that’s the kind of thing that some people like. I personally bought it because it’s affordable enough, and because I use the site enough that I’ll find some use of it. For the casual user it might not be worth it, but it’s nice to have if you ever feel like having a private chat room on-site (sure, you could open a TinyChat room, but that’s not as convenient), or anything else that’s offered. Part of the perceived issue might be that none of the changes really seem to affect the forums, maybe if there was some sort of change there, then more people might get it, since the forums aren’t really changed much.

Flag Post

There are a lot of people who’ve gotten massive use out of their private rooms.
That feature alone makes it worth it, to me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

There are a lot of people who’ve gotten massive use out of their private rooms.
That feature alone makes it worth it, to me.

This.

Also, if you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Bitching about it accomplishes nothing, unless you have such a hate-on for Kongregate that you try to get as many people as possible to not buy it, denying Kongregate a revenue stream. In that case, just leave.

Flag Post

You’re overreacting. It’s like any virtual purchase you make. It looks cool, you have a bit of fun with it, but there’s nothing physical about it and once you’re done with it your money is still lost.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

I think that it’s supposed to be designed to allow people to get some extra features that aren’t necessary, so that they don’t gain some sort of advantage over non-paying users. The majority of the things involved are purely cosmetic, and that’s the kind of thing that some people like. I personally bought it because it’s affordable enough, and because I use the site enough that I’ll find some use of it. For the casual user it might not be worth it, but it’s nice to have if you ever feel like having a private chat room on-site (sure, you could open a TinyChat room, but that’s not as convenient), or anything else that’s offered. Part of the perceived issue might be that none of the changes really seem to affect the forums, maybe if there was some sort of change there, then more people might get it, since the forums aren’t really changed much.

ZShadow told me they were working on ideas for the members, but they don’t
want to cut non-members out of the perks either. So I guess they are working
on the details.

Flag Post

hey about the skins is there a iron man one?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkscanner:
Originally posted by GameBuilder15:

I hope this is a joke.

What’s wrong with it?

Well, You Know. It Is Paid!

Flag Post

somehow i got kong plus..i never paid for it…never received a message about getting it as a gift..and i get it for a year! go figure.

Flag Post

Yeah, I know, bump.

It’s been discussed before, but it’s bullshit. Those chat promo placements are ads. No matter which way you cut it, by definition it’s still an advertisement. I have two gripes with them and suggestions on how to deal with it:

1. Even after the contest requirements have been met, the promo ad still appears in chat. For someone that changes rooms or games a lot, it’s especially annoying. Please add a check in, before the ad is displayed, to see if the user’s already done it.

2. I’ve spoken to a few people about this and they’ve agreed that it’s an appropriate alternative. I know where Kongregate is coming from, in their justification for continuing to spam us with ads. They say that it’s a way to keep us aware of what’s going on in the community, that not everyone checks the forums. Okay, fine. But instead, how about sending K+ users a one-time Kongregate Announcement explaining the contest/promotion and the applicable details? It’s still keeping us informed and it isn’t spamming us constantly.

Another alternative that I’ve seen mentioned was to have it as a toggleable option in our settings.

It was fine for a while because there wasn’t any contests running, but this new has reminded me how much I absolutely hate these chat ads. One of the big advantages and draws to K+ is an ad-free experience so I don’t think it’s right or fair to force these on us, especially when there’s alternative methods.

Flag Post

Adding to Adv0,
When the site goes down for maintenance can a notification come up in chat letting us know beforehand? (K+ perk or not)

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Normally I’d just link this script since it removes the ads from chat, but I think it may have broken recently (like many other Better Kongregate scripts).

I think that a check to remove them if we’ve already completed them would be nice, but it doesn’t seem like it’s too high of a priority right now, since it’s a small thing.

Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

Adding to Adv0,
When the site goes down for maintenance can a notification come up in chat letting us know beforehand? (K+ perk or not)

Agreed, even though I normally open things in new tabs before closing the original, it’d be really useful.

Flag Post

We shouldn’t have to use a script, though.

Flag Post

The only + I can think of is the private chatrooms, for those of us who use the chat a lot (like myself). Some minor + is removing the ads, not a big deal from the start, but it saves a quick second in games and makes pages a bit less cluttered.

EDIT: I almost forgot about profile themes, I just got so used to mine being there. Though it’s not really a “plus”, I really love this feature :).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vidiot966:

block out ads. If ya wanna talk in private just click on that persons and
click private chat.

testing games for kreds?

up for other people.

to get a few kreds either.

but here’s the thing, did you see how much people bitched about k+ even though it doesn’t do anything?
Imagine the reaction if it did do something…

Flag Post

bjj, that post is like 5 months old, just so you know.

Flag Post

Well you’re the one who decided to bump it >.<

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

Well you’re the one who decided to bump it >.<

For a legitimate reason, but always looking at timestamps is a good idea, especially if the thread is bumped.

Flag Post

dont understand why someone would pay for pixels.

that meaning: accounts and items in games and such.

rather put your money to good use.

never pay for anything virtual. its money wasted.

Flag Post

dont understand why someone would pay for pixels.

Don’t try to understand other peoples’ values when they’re different to your own.
They aren’t any more or less than your own, merely different.

rather put your money to good use.

Helping to support a website that I’ve gotten many, many, many, many hours of entertainment from isn’t a good use?
Keeping it free for people like you isn’t a good use either?

Flag Post

People derive real-life benefits from virtual items. These can be monetary (Kong challenges/loot contests, for example), but are more commonly psychological (Kong is the place that keeps me sane when the real world is driving me crazy).