Forums Kongregate

Official Kong Plus Thread page 36

1017 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

dont understand why someone would pay for pixels.

that meaning: accounts and items in games and such.

rather put your money to good use.

never pay for anything virtual. its money wasted.

Such entertaining post xD

1) A casual non-developer user has actually very little control over pixels and to get certain benefits, you have to pay. Why would anyone pay? Internet provides us a place to kill our boredom and because managers needs to maintain their site (which requires money), they need a source of income. One way to reach this is establishing premium service which essentially opens us new interaction possibilites on the site… if we pay. You got to learn that nothing is entirely free, not even pixels because someone has to contribute his/her time to control them

2) See above

3) Good use? For what? To buy a new TV? To buy to buy a new toy? You’re investing into your own or shared entertaiment by buying these things. Same applies to pixels on internet. Entertaiment costs

Or, if you feel selfish and want to get rid of that feeling, you can always donate to charity. Just don’t you say that we others should be obligated to do so aswell. You invest your money to whatever you like. Online services like Kong+ is just one more option to invest on, because it unlocks roads and features that we have absolutely no control of

4) If you’re referring to a fact that anything which is virtual may be gone in a blink of an eye, let me say “haha”. Decay process is a natural phenomenom which applies to real world as well. Whenever you buy a car, you know that in about 10 years, it just becomes unrepairable and you have to take it to the junk yard. In my personal opinion it is worthy to buy virtual services if you’ll have full use for it, even if it was just temporal and frail. Nothing is pernament. If you haven’t learned or embraced that fact yet, grow up

You could as well say that there is no point in living in this world just because nothing is pernament and that you have to pay for something that is non-material

Flag Post

You guys are giving long winded responses to Galdos’s troll post. People since beginning of time have spent currency on entertainment. End of discussion.

On the flip side of the coin though Kong + is nothing more than a “donation” to the site. I can understand the Admins don’t want to alienate the free players from the K+ players but they’ve gone in the exact opposite direction in giving paid K+ members the worst return in free 2 play history. And the fact it’s not a one time payment but a yearly one makes it the more obvious that it’s a money grab.

That being said i still love Kong and i play all my flash games here. They have the best interface and achievement system and staff that tend to respond quickly. I’ll just pass on the option to buy Kong+ and leave that up to any Kong fanboys out there.

Flag Post

1st year of K+ is soon going to be up. Early adopters will have to ask themselves if they plan to renew. I’m asking myself the same question. I’m not sure that I want to renew.

Does Kong have any plans to add to the K+ service? Do any of you with K+ plan to renew?

Flag Post
Originally posted by wattro:

1st year of K+ is soon going to be up. Early adopters will have to ask themselves if they plan to renew. I’m asking myself the same question. I’m not sure that I want to renew.

Does Kong have any plans to add to the K+ service? Do any of you with K+ plan to renew?

I bought Kong+ on the 20th of December, and if I still had to pay to renew it, I would immediately. I didn’t get it to have any sort of prominent benefits, but rather to have some nice extras and to support the website. Seeing as how I’ve never spent the Kreds I’ve gotten over the years, I feel that getting Kong+ is a pretty good alternative way to support the site.

Flag Post

I still have a long time to go before I have to renew. With that being said, the only reason I’ll renew is because of a third-party private room script. If that didn’t exist, in the current state that private rooms are in, I’d never even imagine renewing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

is because of a third-party private room script. If that didn’t exist…

hmm? i must have missed that

Flag Post

I think I’m ready to renew my membership after first year trial. New profile layouts are just awesome and as a profile addict, they’re must-to-have for me. I know that I could blocks all ads by subscribing for external ad-blocker service… or by downloading adblocker+ for free (sadly, not for mobile)

And since I am Kongregate fanboy, a little donation for the site can’t be anything bad

Flag Post

Can ya upload ya own background yet?

Flag Post
Originally posted by EM1NEM:

No.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by EM1NEM:

No.

man that’s so sad :(

Flag Post

kinda stupid to pay for something virtual.
only insecure people would want to brag with a K+

dont pay for anything.

Flag Post

kinda stupid to pay for something virtual.
only insecure people would want to brag with a K+

dont pay for anything.

Society hasn’t caught up with the concept of digital purchases yet.
I don’t see anyone bragging about having K+. Personally, I feel uncomfortable mentioning it, that’s why I disabled my chat icon.

“Don’t pay for anything”. Do you have a job? Do your parents have a job? Not any more! Because the product/service that you/your parents provide is now free! All the food is gone, since farmers can’t afford to make food any more. You don’t need to eat, do you?

But seriously. No one is forcing you to buy K+ and no one is forcing you to post here. If you don’t want it, great! That’s your personal choice. But stop spewing your negativity all over the place needlessly.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CandyCastle:

Are you ever going to buy KongPlus?

;) only mentally unstable obsessive weirdos would buy an special account on the internet (K+)

Flag Post

Okay, cool. Completely ignore everything I said.

You’re making very strong arguments.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CandyCastle:

Are you ever going to buy KongPlus?

;) only mentally unstable obsessive weirdos would buy an special account on the internet (K+)

I’m sorry, I read your post and only saw Special K.

Flag Post

people should realize the risks when creating virtual goods. if they want safe, reliable money, then they should work in a grocery store.

also, i got harassed several times by K+ member, but when i report them, it gets ignored. they probably get special treatment because kong is greedy for their yearly payments.

if kong starts serving some justice to them, then people might consider turning off adblock and maybe getting K+

or not

Flag Post

also, i got harassed several times by K+ member, but when i report them, it gets ignored. they probably get special treatment because kong is greedy for their yearly payments.

We deserve preferential treatment :{)

Flag Post

You have no idea if anything happened to them or not, they could have been contacted privately or you could have just been overreacting.

Flag Post

I know this is kinda necroposting, but I have a question. In three days time, my Kong plus subscription will end. What will be displayed on my profile if I don’t renew? “Ex Kong+ member?” or just nothing at all? If I renew (I am doubting about whether or not I’ll renew) will I keep the charter tag?

I am sorry for necroposting this thread, but I think it may be more helpful to post here than to create a new thread.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AbsoluteDaan:

I know this is kinda necroposting, but I have a question. In three days time, my Kong plus subscription will end. What will be displayed on my profile if I don’t renew? “Ex Kong+ member?” or just nothing at all? If I renew (I am doubting about whether or not I’ll renew) will I keep the charter tag?

I am sorry for necroposting this thread, but I think it may be more helpful to post here than to create a new thread.

I was also wondering this :P

Flag Post

I think nothing will show if you do not renew, and if you do you will keep the charter medal if you renew your account up till a week it has ended. I think.

Flag Post

Uuu2 is correct.

Flag Post

Whoah! Kong Plus has already been around for a year? Time does fly. o_o

Flag Post

Happy 1 year anniversary K+!

Flag Post

Remind me how does it renew? Will it send an email or do we click a buy button somewhere? What’s the overlap timeframe to remain signed up (so do you have 10 days from expire or what).