Forums Kongregate

Official Kong Plus Thread page 38

1014 posts

Flag Post

okay, something that i noticed is when you renew power up rewards pro you do NOT get the 50 kreds.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

okay, something that i noticed is when you renew power up rewards pro you do NOT get the 50 kreds.

Right, the Power Up Rewards Pro version of K+ is a “complimentary” version.
While you do get the same perks, the 50 kreds are not included in the deal.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:
Originally posted by bjjdude:

Right, the Power Up Rewards Pro version of K+ is a “complimentary” version.
While you do get the same perks, the 50 kreds are not included in the deal.

Ah, okay, thanks! I did renew my Pro account – I’ll just give it some more time to process.
Thanks again for the feedback!

Edit: There it is, I have it now.

Flag Post

I think Kong Plus users should be able to make chatrooms because when you buy Kong plus it is very misleading as it says “you can make your own chatroom” but idk its good i guess.

Flag Post

when is Kong going to adjust the price of K+? it’s already not worth $30 due to the fact that it’s given away for free with PUP.

Flag Post

For what it is, $10/yr is a fair price (probably less, but I’m being generous)

Flag Post
Originally posted by cargo11900:

I think Kong Plus users should be able to make chatrooms because when you buy Kong plus it is very misleading as it says “you can make your own chatroom” but idk its good i guess.

That’s exactly what it allows you to do though.
Your private chat room is exactly a room of your own, you can invite people to it and kick them out if you so wish. You just can’t re-name it, but that’s for the best.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wattro:

when is Kong going to adjust the price of K+? it’s already not worth $30 due to the fact that it’s given away for free with PUP.

I believe I saw an admin post that it is possible, but you have to keep in mind that that PUP bonus is not available in all countries.

Probably more, you’re being unfair. :)

Flag Post

You can, you can host a private room.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

You can, you can host a private room.

he means chat room, rather than private room. they are not the same thing, although very similar.

Flag Post

The intent is obvious though and the reasons it’s not like that are both obvious and numerous.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:

I believe I saw an admin post that it is possible, but you have to keep in mind that that PUP bonus is not available in all countries.

Probably more, you’re being unfair. :)

I don’t believe so. Whether PUP is available elsewhere or not is irrelevant. PUP threw in K+ for free. PUP is $15. That means that K+ is (far) less than $15. If we say 50 kreds are worth $5, then K+ has to be <10$ ($15 PUP – $5 kreds = max $10). K+ probably isn’t 2/3s the value of PUP (thrown in for free & imho), so maybe it’s 1/3 the value (seems reasonable to me), so that would make K+ and $5 kreds total value of around… $10.

And you’re right, you did see an admin say that. I bumped that thread in the technical discussion, because I would like to know if Kong staff has discussed it, and if they have, what conclusion have they come to or are they leaning towards.

(side note: kreds aren’t really worth anything anymore, since Kong threw out the tip jar and completely removed any actual value of a kred. the value of a kred is discretionary)

Flag Post

It’s not necessarily less. It’s a (pretty smart) marketing tactic to get all those brick-and-mortar GameStop customers to come to the site. They probably did enough research to determine that the retention rate for the site is greater then the renewal rate, plus any extra kreds purchases make it worth it.

Flag Post
PUP threw in K+ for free. PUP is $15. That means that K+ is (far) less than $15. If we say 50 kreds are worth $5, then K+ has to be <10$ ($15 PUP – $5 kreds = max $10). K+ probably isn’t 2/3s the value of PUP (thrown in for free & imho), so maybe it’s 1/3 the value (seems reasonable to me), so that would make K+ and $5 kreds total value of around… $10.

I don’t get why you subtract the $5 for the 50 Kreds form the $15.
If you buy Kong+ on Kongregate, you get all Kong+ perks and on top 50 Kreds. If you buy PUR Pro you get Kong+, but no 50 Kreds.
So you should calculate with a base value of $20 and not $10, and take away from these $20 whatever you think Pur Pro is worth without Kong+.

I agree with the general point of your post though. Hower I’m glad that I have the choice of not buying it, and as long as they don’t lower the price of $29.99, adblock will do the job just fine.

Flag Post

You weren’t supposed to get 50 kreds with PUR Pro, but you do. There was an error in the initial email. Maybe it was only for the first wave of people, though.

Flag Post

You weren’t supposed to get 50 kreds with PUR Pro, but you do. There was an error in the initial email. Maybe it was only for the first wave of people, though.

And because it was an error in the email and on the landing page linked in the email that was fixed some days later, you do not get them anymore. Therefore the calculations in my post. Why would I base them on outdated circumstances?

Flag Post

Hower I’m glad that I have the choice of not buying it, and as long as they don’t lower the price of $29.99, adblock will do the job just fine.

If people stopped using Ad-Block, Kong could afford to lower the price of K+.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thyrael:

I don’t get why you subtract the $5 for the 50 Kreds form the $15.

because… because… you’re right! :p good catch

math or math not, I still think $10/yr is reasonable for it – they should just remove the 50 kreds from it anyways. and, as you mentioned, adblock plus can block out the ads so the only real benefit is creating private rooms.

i’d be willing to bet that purchased K+ subscriptions would triple and would offset the cost if it were reasonably priced/valued.

Flag Post

It’s more about supporting the site (to me) then adding up all the perceived values of the features and determining if it’s a good deal or not.

Flag Post

how do i get free kong plus? and i want to be able to make my own skin.

Flag Post

Win a contest where it’s a prize, have someone gift it to you or become a moderator. [Edit: no custom skins.]

Flag Post

It’s more about supporting the site (to me) then adding up all the perceived values of the features and determining if it’s a good deal or not.

if that were true, then Kong would bill it as such – but there is nothing on the K+ pop-up that suggests that at all – everything described on that page is user feature/facing. if it was primarily aboot supporting kongregate, then it would/should be up to the user to decide how much they want to pay to support, from $5 to $100.

also, Rolby, if you can obtain a PUP with Gamestop, you can get free K+

Flag Post

But Kongregate is also a business and that’s not how businesses work.

By your logic, every gas station you go to, you support and therefore you can pay whatever amount per gallon you want! Just by spending money there, you’re supporting them so the amount you spend doesn’t matter.

Also, Rolby isn’t American.

Flag Post

But Kongregate is also a business and that’s not how businesses work.

By your logic, every gas station you go to, you support and therefore you can pay whatever amount per gallon you want! Just by spending money there, you’re supporting them so the amount you spend doesn’t matter.

Also, Rolby isn’t American.

you don’t necessarily have to be american to get PUP ;)

i’m not really sure what you’re getting at, adv0… even still, it’s not the same thing at all. goods & gas prices tend to be consistent and vary very little between different gas stations. my supporting of them is only by my transacting at a particular gas station to do business.

Flag Post

Grocery stores, ISPs, carriers. The analogy can apply to any of them.

While thats true, it’s very unlikely. Only if you lived very close to the border is that remotely realistic.