Forums Kongregate

Official Kong Plus Thread page 39

1012 posts

Flag Post

PUP gives you free Kong +. Well technically you are paying for it when you buy the membership, its just included. And you get game informer magazine. I love the PUP benefits.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Grocery stores, ISPs, carriers. The analogy can apply to any of them.

While thats true, it’s very unlikely. Only if you lived very close to the border is that remotely realistic.

Adv0, I think you misunderstand. If the primary purpose is to support kongregate (ie: a donation), then there is no reason that kongregate would put a fixed price on that (talking purely aboot supporting kongregate). The only reason one might put a minimum price on that, is if the donation is accompanied by some kind of perks/features. At which point, the donation could easily be the value of the perks + whatever the user wants. Remember the tip jar? That was “supporting a developer”. It didn’t equate to some value, the user could tip whatever they felt was appropriate. Homeless person the streets? 50 cents, 2 dollars… whatever you want.

That said, there are a fair (and growing) number of “pay what you want” schemes out there – and some of them accept $0 as a minimum, and some of them set minimum prices.

Flag Post

I really like it. Has alot of features.
Plus, $29.99 a year is a great price!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I think it’s be neat if we could have @kongregate.com email addresses, as part of K+. If/When our subscription expires, the email account would stay active for ~2 weeks (seems reasonable to me?) then all data will be deleted.

Flag Post

Oh, I forgot to mention. It’d simply be our username, so I’d be adv0catus@kongregate.com, for example.

Flag Post

I think having an @kongregate.com e-mail address would potentially confuse some people and would lead them to think that you worked for Kongregate.

Flag Post

Possibly, but it would depend on how it’s marketed/advertised. If it’s done properly, there shouldn’t be much/any confusion.

Flag Post

I think it’s be neat if we could have @kongregate.com email addresses, as part of K+. If/When our subscription expires, the email account would stay active for ~2 weeks (seems reasonable to me?) then all data will be deleted.

What’s the purpose and/or benefits? Wouldn’t it sorta be like our profile private messages?

Flag Post

Possibly, but it would depend on how it’s marketed/advertised. If it’s done properly, there shouldn’t be much/any confusion.

Right now they’re used by administrators (ex., Z uses zachary@Kongregate.com, as said on his profile), so they’re all known to be administrator-only addresses, and changing that might cause confusion, or open a temporary window for potential abuse. I feel that it would be cool to have them, but also they should remain for employees (I don’t think GameStop PUR Pro members get @GameStop email addresses, nor do many, if any other subscribers of other sites like Kong).

Flag Post

^ I know, that’s why I was saying it’d need to be positioned properly.

Same purpose/benefits as other K+ features, I suppose. Just something extra, a personalized email, maybe to use for your Kong account(s).

Flag Post
Originally posted by AllStarDominatio:

cough what?

It’s variola (smallpox)! _KEEP AWAY!!!_

I don’t get what Terence is asking… What does this have to do with the mobile site?

Flag Post

Oh, I see…

Flag Post

Quick question. So I didn’t pay for Kong Plus, but apparently I have it. Why is that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by infernaltear:

Quick question. So I didn’t pay for Kong Plus, but apparently I have it. Why is that?

You probably have a Powerup rewards pro account and linked it to Kongregate. K+ is included with that purchase.

Flag Post

A suggestion regarding Kong+

I’m one of those people who are rather… obsessed with perfection. And every time I change my profile skin to match with my avatar, there’s one thing that remains unchanged and which may not match with the colors you decided to have; The upper red navigation bar (where Kongregate logo and navigation menu is)

So I’d like to suggest that all K+ users should have an ability to change the color of that bar as well, as well as menu buttons and navigation sub-menus. It’s nothing more but aesthetic change.

Or you could, implement a cloud storage for your flash game files (for K+ users, naturally)

Flag Post

Since Maik brought up the profile-skin-matching-the-avatar topic again, I figure I’ll throw this suggestion back out:

Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

Simple, solid walls of different colors for K+ skins.
Basically, at least, 9 skins each with just a plain color.
Blue, red, green, yellow, orange, purple, pink, brown, and black, maybe?
Skins available to match your avatar with.
Minimal effort required.
More K+ skins.
Win for all.

Flag Post

Yeah, they need more Kong Plus skins.

Flag Post

one thing i didnt know how to quote but still here it is

(Kong Plus gives you beta access
No more will you have to wait for beta access! When you sign up for Kong Plus, you’ll get access to all games in beta. You can find out which games are in beta by checking the game browser, or just by viewing your home page.)

i hate this part and another thing the cost of kong plus is not fair if it had to be like u kniw 10 dollars only onece u pay that would be suitable but yearly forget it its not worth it

Flag Post
Originally posted by jbbill1:

one thing i didnt know how to quote but still here it is

(Kong Plus gives you beta access
No more will you have to wait for beta access! When you sign up for Kong Plus, you’ll get access to all games in beta. You can find out which games are in beta by checking the game browser, or just by viewing your home page.)

i hate this part and another thing the cost of kong plus is not fair if it had to be like u kniw 10 dollars only onece u pay that would be suitable but yearly forget it its not worth it

Why do you hate the fact that it allows people early/beta access to games? Also, if you spend enough time on Kong and enjoy your time here, $30 a year really isn’t anything (even if you don’t enjoy your time here, it’s still a negligible amount of money for that time span); essentially you’re paying the equivalent of 3 hours of minimum wage work for a year’s worth of service (if you play on Kong for one hour a day, that equates roughly to one hour of work for 120 hours of Kong+ time).

Flag Post

When I use to be a kong member, the one thing I wish they had more of was SKINS!!!!

Flag Post

Kong+ feature suggestion.

-room for 2 (or more) account sitters. So friends can manage your account while offline, with limited acces ofc.
We dont want them spending Creds.

I would really like to have a Kong+ option, but not with its current features.

Flag Post

I see very few players with Kong Plus, Overall I think it’s probably been a huge flop which may be why there has been little to no effort put into increasing features.