Forums Kongregate

Official Kong Plus Thread page 4

1012 posts

Flag Post

Just wanted to jump in to address this:

@Z, I really appreciate that though. I think that the main thing about this I dislike(d) was that I feel like this could lead to normal users being at a disadvantage, but it’s reassuring to see that isn’t the case. I just don’t want the normal users to be put down in any way because of this, and it kinda feels like giving certain content (in this case, just the backgrounds, not too big a deal, but bigger stuff being limited to K+ users would be a downer) could count as putting down normal users in certain situations.

I promise we will not be spending our time developing loads new features only for Kong Plus users. Promise. You can shave my head if we do, and I have a really big, really oddly shaped head.

We just spend a really long time working on improving things for everyone (see: new nav, new homepage) before tackling this project and some of the work that went on to support Kong Plus has improved things (I believe) for everyone. Anyone can be invited into and participate in private chat. We wouldn’t have been able to make it so that game/room chats are on tabs next to each other so you can easily switch back and forth without this work. Also the unread chat notifier wouldn’t exist.

I totally understand the concern, but you’ve trusted us thus far so I’d ask you to try and trust us a little longer. I really do get your responses (and I appreciate you coming back and reading what we’ve posted with an open mind), but we are committed to ALL our users.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

i would definitely buy it if you lower the price, this just isnt worth it for $29.99. id strongly consider it at $19.99

Why, if you previously went through how having it wouldn’t really benefit you?

Originally posted by Sellyme:

Yes, yes it would. It would just make moderatorship a job, a paid position. Unless you’re saying that having a job is immoral?

Not in the mood for an argument over semantics, so whatever, you have a valid point.

Flag Post

Are you planning to add more features to Kong+ in the future?

Flag Post

Are you planning to add more features to Kong+ in the future?

It’s possible, certainly, and we’d like suggestions. But we’re not even going to come close to spending the majority of our time and energy working on it. We’re going to do mostly like we’ve been doing, and concentrating on improving the site as a whole.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ducklette:

@Bandito No worries! And you’re absolutely right. Just like any new thing, it could be bad. But this is the part where I hope you’ll be able to trust that we don’t want it to be bad, either. Our goal was to offer features that were cool, but definitely not necessary to have a really good Kongregate experience. In fact, the features you have now are the same as the ones you’ve had, and we’re going to continue to build great things for everybody. We might add more extra-cool stuff into Kong Plus in the future, but we would never leave non-paying users with a Kongregate that was anything less than a great place to be. Granted, you have to trust what I’m saying, which can be hard. But I don’t wanna pay for stuff, either. :P So I’m determined to keep free Kong cool, and I know the people in charge are, too.

Thanks for being so understanding. And I really do believe you guys’ll do a good job. Looking back, I really appreciate everything you guys have done, and it’s all been really cool. I trust you guys will continue to do an awesome job, and it’s really reassuring to read what you’ve had t say about it. Thanks.

Originally posted by AlisonClaire:

Just wanted to jump in to address this:

@Z, I really appreciate that though. I think that the main thing about this I dislike(d) was that I feel like this could lead to normal users being at a disadvantage, but it’s reassuring to see that isn’t the case. I just don’t want the normal users to be put down in any way because of this, and it kinda feels like giving certain content (in this case, just the backgrounds, not too big a deal, but bigger stuff being limited to K+ users would be a downer) could count as putting down normal users in certain situations.

I promise we will not be spending our time developing loads new features only for Kong Plus users. Promise. You can shave my head if we do, and I have a really big, really oddly shaped head.

We just spend a really long time working on improving things for everyone (see: new nav, new homepage) before tackling this project and some of the work that went on to support Kong Plus has improved things (I believe) for everyone. Anyone can be invited into and participate in private chat. We wouldn’t have been able to make it so that game/room chats are on tabs next to each other so you can easily switch back and forth without this work. Also the unread chat notifier wouldn’t exist.

I totally understand the concern, but you’ve trusted us thus far so I’d ask you to try and trust us a little longer. I really do get your responses (and I appreciate you coming back and reading what we’ve posted with an open mind), but we are committed to ALL our users.

That was hilarious :P. Most of the stuff in my reply to Ducklette still applies to your post too, but I just wanted to add/reinstate that I do trust you guys, and I think this can really turn out great. Thanks for taking the time to clarify and reinforce the points about K+.

Flag Post

It isnt just a thanks to mods for helping. It is giving them 30 dolars of features, and, for now, k+ chats that will only be for mods.

Now, let me give my suggestions: K+ should be like “beta stage”. Everything that is in K+ will be studied by the admins, and if they think it is good with the K+ people, take it out to all the users. So, before showing new features to everyone, show the features to K+, and not private tools that probably we are never going to get without wasting money

Flag Post

Because making a chat room whose only point is filtering out non-premium users available for everyone definitely doesn’t ruin the point.

Flag Post

arbitor, because $20 a year(15 with kreds) is stupid cheap, even if most of the perks are something i have no interest in. if nothing else id do it just to support the site, even though im probably getting ripped off a little bit.

—by the way, if mods get it for free, thats totally fair.

ive been a moderator before on two other relatively large sites(in the past, years ago) being a mod isnt what a lot of people seem to think it is. it is volunteer work, many people would be surprised at how much your mod duties can distract from your gameplay experience, i ended up resigning mod both times(in good standing) just cause the power you do get, for me, didnt offset the extra work expected of you, so i prefered to be a reg player.

if your giving mods $30 a year, they are still being underpaid, so anyone complaining about this is being very silly.

Flag Post

After browsing though the skins for your profile, they seem pretty amazing. I’d like to see more in the future, possibly based on other MMO’s of Kong, like there are right now? For example, Sacred Seasons or Remnants of Skystone. It’s awesome so far, though. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arbitor165:

Because making a chat room whose only point is filtering out non-premium users available for everyone definitely doesn’t ruin the point.

Nono, you can invite anyone to a private chat, but not to a K+ chat.

Flag Post

I’d like to see more in the future, possibly based on other MMO’s of Kong, like there are right now?

This, I can say with a fair amount of certainty, will happen.

Flag Post

Baba: It’s <blockquote>

Don’t get your pants in a bunch I was fix’n it. :P

Flag Post

I’d like to see more in the future, possibly based on other MMO’s of Kong, like there are right now?

This, I can say with a fair amount of certainty, will happen.

Speaking of suggestions for it, I think it’d be cool if there were ones that ran off of a script that maybe pulled your characters from MMO’s on Kong that were tied to your account, and included them in background(s) for the MMO. That’d be a cool way to customize it, same as just making ones that could include the user’s username.

Just some ideas, but they sounded like fun.

Flag Post

Are you aware that I was replying to the guy directly above me, who I believe was bitching that only premium users get premium chats? I might just be confused by what he meant though, mind you.

Flag Post

They would be, though they sound like they might take a fair amount of work. I’ll definitely bring it up, though!

Flag Post

Are you aware that I was replying to the guy directly above me, who I believe was bitching that only premium users get premium chats? I might just be confused by what he meant though, mind you.

I couldn’t make heads or tails of his post, so I kinda just ignored it. Whoops!

Flag Post

Just a correction, in the description of The ultimate Kong Experience you wrote for our most dedicated users… It should be for our most wealthy users. I consider myself a pretty dedicated user but in my country US$30 = AR$180…
On the other hand, I like the private chat feature, that’s a nice update. :)

Flag Post

Uh….

What the hell admins

When are you going to remove that annoying footer and do something useful for a change.

No one wants skins and new chatrooms.

Flag Post

It says that “K+” member will now gain access to betas.

I remember getting into a few betas for being a certain level. Does that mean the Kong vets/high levels won’t be seeing anything like this anymore? Been with Kong for over 2 years now and I don’t like the thought of people who are new, and have money, getting benefits us old vets use to get for being loyal members while we lose them.

Flag Post

I remember getting into a few betas for being a certain level

This will still happen. :) It’s just that Kong Plus members won’t have to level to get in.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TAndrewT:

I remember getting into a few betas for being a certain level. Does that mean the Kong vets/high levels won’t be seeing anything like this anymore?

Probably.

Edit: Damned ninjas making me look stupid.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TAndrewT:

I remember getting into a few betas for being a certain level. Does that mean the Kong vets/high levels won’t be seeing anything like this anymore?

Probably.

Edit: Damned ninjas making me look stupid.

Nah, I prefer a reply to my post answering my question over a reply to someone elses post answering my question. :P

Was still hoping for a reply from a mod though just so I could feel special. Lol. winks at Ducklette

Flag Post

They would be, though they sound like they might take a fair amount of work. I’ll definitely bring it up, though!

Thanks, I’m glad you like the idea.

Flag Post

That “Brony” profile skin is gonna be crazy popular among MLP fanatics, I bet.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator