Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Kong Plus launch, new chat tabs and new homepage for all! page 2

60 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by LeRetiaire:
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Most epic update I’ve seen!
The Kong developers have dunnit again. :3

+1 !!!

+1

Flag Post

Kong Plus+?

Interesting. I like the perks given with it, and I think the price is pretty reasonable, but I ask you guys not to add too much of this premium stuff.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

Kong Plus+?

Interesting. I like the perks given with it, and I think the price is pretty reasonable, but I ask you guys not to add too much of this premium stuff.

I totally agree,
I like the perks and benefits given with Kong+, but I’m afraid that it will cause even MORE ‘premium content’ for the games, and even worse the site.

Flag Post

Ah indeed, i forget adblock is installed with Chrome. There is indeed an ad in the blank spot. Thanks

Flag Post

Adblock plus hides ad and Badge of the day. Fix This.

Flag Post

The old homepage was simplicity at its finest. Why would you stray away from that? Also, Kong Plus is a joke. Just some gimmick to make more cash. The only reasonable feature for paying for Plus is ad removal; all the other features are a slap in the face to loyal Kong users who have been around for years. The features aren’t even that big and don’t require any resources to update. I could see having to pay for them if they did (like how MMO’s require monthly payments because of ongoing development) but private chat, a new icon and profile skins literally just sit their and beta access to games doesn’t cost anything to Kong since developers are providing the games free of charge. Sure, you could pump out new profile skins but you could also allow users to submit their own designs free of charge (like how YouTube allows you to customize your background). I always thought of Kong as the “King of Free” but this has crushed that mentality a bit.

Flag Post

So where is the real value in the $30 price tag? I support Kong off and on by clicking the banner adds and using trial pay for kreds but there isn’t anything that appeals to me for $30. Sorry I’ll take the adds. Good luck making money on the poor shlubs though.

Flag Post

I hate to say it but Kong has turned from nice game site to money well. I like improvements done but Kong+ for $30. No way. Get back to the old stuff

Flag Post

@above:

I would recommend reading through this thread for some excellent viewpoints on why this feature has been added, and you’re more than welcome to voice your opinions there.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SplitFaction:

Whenever i press the tab to switch between the game and room chats, the page scrolls down.

^
I hate that. I have to continually scroll down 24/7 and miss a lot of the chat (because I camp in the role-playing rooms).

EDIT: It does that when I enter ANY menu.

Flag Post

the new page is nice but i won’t be paying for Kong plus but i’ll still support Kong for now.

Flag Post

Can you use Kreds that you make from games, or do you have to get it right out of your credit card?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

@above:

I would recommend reading through this thread for some excellent viewpoints on why this feature has been added, and you’re more than welcome to voice your opinions there.

looked at it and it just made it look like a bigger waste of money

Flag Post

This site reminds me of many sites where you’re forced to pay for ‘free games’ (well, not really forced, but “recommended” to). I originally went to Kong back in 07-08 and watched this site evolve, so I can say that by introducing these features, Kong has become a truly evolved gaming site.

My only complaint is with the K+ signs. They paid for bragging rights? Seriously?

Flag Post

My only complaint is with the K+ signs. They paid for bragging rights? Seriously?

AND IT IS SO TOTALLY WORTH IT

Flag Post

Hi, I’m an Admin+ and I approve this message.

Flag Post

I’ll say this just like I say about everything else in the gaming universe:

Let those who want to pay, pay. Seriously, I think Kong+ is a very cookie cutter attempt to make more money because, lets face it, MOST online games and sites are doing it too. You know, giving people “added content” and/or “special features” for those willing to pay real world currency. I think it’s incredible dumb to pay money for a special symbol next to your name as if people join this site to view how great someone is, but face facts, there are people willing to pay real money for so-called “bonuses and perks”. Let them pay for it and if you don’t want to, then don’t.

It’s until this site decides to give those who paid vastly unfair advantages over everyone else. When that happens, the right to complain will be quite the avalanche. A good example would be if you don’t pay, a hard badge is worth 30 points, but a payer would get 40 for the same exact badge, no change in difficulty or game experience. If that ever happened, you can bet a lot of people are going to uproar about it.

Like I said, I think what you get for paying is rather lacking, but let those who want to pay, pay.

Flag Post
Originally posted by StormDragonZ:

I’ll say this just like I say about everything else in the gaming universe:

Let those who want to pay, pay. Seriously, I think Kong+ is a very cookie cutter attempt to make more money because, lets face it, MOST online games and sites are doing it too. You know, giving people “added content” and/or “special features” for those willing to pay real world currency. I think it’s incredible dumb to pay money for a special symbol next to your name as if people join this site to view how great someone is, but face facts, there are people willing to pay real money for so-called “bonuses and perks”. Let them pay for it and if you don’t want to, then don’t.

It’s until this site decides to give those who paid vastly unfair advantages over everyone else. When that happens, the right to complain will be quite the avalanche. A good example would be if you don’t pay, a hard badge is worth 30 points, but a payer would get 40 for the same exact badge, no change in difficulty or game experience. If that ever happened, you can bet a lot of people are going to uproar about it.

Like I said, I think what you get for paying is rather lacking, but let those who want to pay, pay.

exactly

Flag Post

Probably won’t get kong+, even though Kongregate is awesome. Private chat rooms and access to Beta Games do sound really cool hough. Just hope Kongregate doesn’t turn into some….money-hungry business. Like Only adding things to Kong+ members and stuff…..Like games that are free but are “enhanced” if you pay….. Just hope the old Kopngregate stays,, with cool, new, FREE updates.

Flag Post

Kong+ Really? You guys used to be cool. Now it’s all about money after you sold your souls to the devil— I mean GameStop.

Flag Post

All right, definitely not my idea of a useful “premium member” system, but next to nothing would be for Kongregate—gaming sites just don’t handle those very well in general. No complaints, or anything, tho—

Originally posted by FrailDignity:

It’s good to see that things are changing on the site, although I wasn’t so pleased to see that those changes are only for those who are willing to pay for them…

What really is looking bad though, is this:

Make our minions work for you!

All Kong Plus members’ queries and complaints are given red flags, so you can benefit from the extra-fastness of our already prompt and thorough customer support!

I thought there was no “discrimination” regarding customer support?
So does that mean that a K+ member’s query is going to be taken care of faster than mine, just because he paid $30? This is customer support, not a competition between those who are willing to pay and those who are not.

Oh goddammit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by spymasterj11:

Probably won’t get kong+, even though Kongregate is awesome. Private chat rooms and access to Beta Games do sound really cool hough. Just hope Kongregate doesn’t turn into some….money-hungry business. Like Only adding things to Kong+ members and stuff…..Like games that are free but are “enhanced” if you pay….. Just hope the old Kopngregate stays,, with cool, new, FREE updates.

“Kongregate, don’t be greedy”? 60 and above lvl should receive some special feature, as thanks for all theirs contributions to this site (namely: ads watched.) ;>

Can I get homepage in old design back, please? New one is awful. Really.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FrailDignity:

It’s good to see that things are changing on the site, although I wasn’t so pleased to see that those changes are only for those who are willing to pay for them…

What really is looking bad though, is this:

Make our minions work for you!

All Kong Plus members’ queries and complaints are given red flags, so you can benefit from the extra-fastness of our already prompt and thorough customer support!

I thought there was no “discrimination” regarding customer support?
So does that mean that a K+ member’s query is going to be taken care of faster than mine, just because he paid $30? This is customer support, not a competition between those who are willing to pay and those who are not.

The worst thing that Kongregate had ever done: pay for customer support. When Kongregate became a part of the Gamestop Network, I feared that one day I ’ll have to pay to play the best Kongregate Games. I think this is the first “brick” to build that future.
Sorry friends, but I am seriously thinking to move on Newgrounds.

Flag Post

I liked kong for chat (stay the chat), lots of games and the most important: NO MEMBER! everybody WAS equally but now that it is membership… this site is dead too me (and in my country we dont have a power up reward card and I am too young to pay for it so I cant get it (and my parents dont like to pay on international sites) so I cant get it like)Like I said… this site is dead too me!!!

Flag Post

Gamestop acquires Kongregate.
Gamestop introduces advertisements to Kongregate.
Gamestop unveils premium subscription to remove advertisements from Kongregate.
Gamestop, oh how I loathe thee.