Forums Kongregate

Contest! K+ Profile Skins (Winners Announced!)

377 posts

Flag Post

Calling all artists and wannabe artists! With the recent launch of Kongregate Plus, many users are adding skins to make their profiles look extra-awesome! There are a bunch to choose from, like Swords and Potions, Tyrant, Dream World, holidays, and even a brony one.

BUT! That’s a pretty limited set, isn’t it? That’s where you come in! We’re looking for new profile skins and are willing to give valuable prizes (not to mention eternal glory) to the talented folks who make them. Winners will receive a free year of Kong Plus! (or $30 in Kreds if you already have Kong Plus!) There’s also that eternal glory thing we mentioned before. The three winning skins will, for a period of time less than forever, be added to the assortment we offer all K+ members!

The contest will run for two weeks, so the final submission must be in by Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 2:15pm PST to be counted! By posting in this thread, you give us permission to use the skin you post on our site.

The basic template for profile skins can be downloaded here for you to use. The best way to make it happen would be to create your skin on the INSERT SKIN HERE layer, in case it wasn’t obvious!

Guidelines:
- Main graphics should be contained within 1400px in width
- Skin should be around 800-1000px in height.
- Background should fade out into one color, on the sides and on the bottom
- Work must be your own and cannot contain any copyrighted characters or images

Submissions:
- Post a JPG or PNG of your skin here in the thread, preferably a picture with the profile layered over it
- We’ll contact the winners later for the layered source file

We’d also suggest signing the skin somewhere, so that everyone knows who made it, forever and ever. So get out there and make something awesome!

Edit: Winners!

Flag Post

Winners will receive a free year of Kong Plus! (or $30 in Kreds if you already have Kong Plus!)

What happens if a Moderator wins?

Flag Post

I reckon we’d get $30 worth in kreds. :D
This makes me wish I had any artistic talents at all, hah.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Laxaria:

Winners will receive a free year of Kong Plus! (or $30 in Kreds if you already have Kong Plus!)

Well, since they already have Kong Plus, they get $30 in Kreds! And the eternal glory, of course.

Flag Post

Wow! I really might have to give this a try! :D

Flag Post

and wannabe artists!

Here.

This will be interesting. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Laxaria:

Ever seen a double rainbow? Something like that.

Can we use Kongai characters in our skin?

Flag Post

:( Hm, too bad I fail at art :( I want Kong Plus :(

Flag Post

I’m going to assume using stock photos and editing them is allowed yes??

Flag Post

Even though I fail, I want Kong+
I have to at least try :D

Flag Post

I’m in, there’s some good competition on here though. :P

Flag Post

I has no art skills in GIMP whatsoever, so I figured i’d make something nice in Minecraft to use. Note: I doubt this’ll win because IMO it looks bad behind all the Kong Stuff. Me #1 Optimistic!

Flag Post

Here’s my first entry! Best of luck for everyone entering. :D

Flag Post

I’m going to assume using stock photos and editing them is allowed yes??

Unfortunately, no, since those ARE copyrighted. Sorry!

Can we use Kongai characters in our skin?

Sure can! Those are our copyright anyway, so no problem!

Flag Post

What about characters under the copyright of Gamestop?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wiggles96:

I has no art skills in GIMP whatsoever, so I figured i’d make something nice in Minecraft to use. Note: I doubt this’ll win because IMO it looks bad behind all the Kong Stuff. Me #1 Optimistic!

it’s so pretty I wanna use it.

Flag Post

I knew this day would come. Finally something good about kong+ without having to pay. This time, I could submit something self photographed

EDIT: Absolutely nothing copied at all except kongai and some games?

Flag Post

EDIT: Absolutely nothing copied at all except kongai and some games?

Images/Graphics on Kongregate should be fine. I’m surprised we don’t have the Kongregate Ant profile skin…

Originally posted by aFlamingPotato:

What about characters under the copyright of Gamestop?

The only one I can think of is that little rabbit…

I’m not sure about GameStop images/characters, but a GameStop profile skin would be pretty nice. I don’t see any reason why that wouldn’t be okay (but I could be wrong!)

Flag Post

@Z: even if I ripoff graphics from a game, Tyrant for example? If this was possible, I’d love to make edited collase. Or is it just kongregate staff exclusive to make such backrounds? I have a hunch that since you’ve already copied graphics from a game which was released to kongregate and added it to your backround, regular users like me could make a backround which contains graphics from a game that is uploaded in kongregate

in a nutshell, what are the exceptions when copying graphics? I need to be enlighten

Flag Post

The graphics in games are not property of Kongregate or Gamestop. Using them in a background (that’s essentially for sale) would probably be illegal unless you had permission.

Flag Post

Also, is there a limit to the number of submissions per person? I’ve got at least two dozen possible skins.

Flag Post

Nope! Go nuts! The more, the merrier! (Perfect for Christmas! See what I did there?)

Flag Post

I had no idea how to place a profile layered over it, so I did my best (notice I’m a newb at Photoshop and I’m trying my best here)

Anyway, here’s my entry:

Good luck to everyone, although I’m not really thinking I have a chance. There’s talented people here on Kongregate.

Flag Post

Too bad I don’t have photoshop :|

Flag Post

Is using badge pictures allowed, maybe sponsored Kong game badges?