Forums Kongregate

[Archive] Badge of the Day 2012 page 16

1164 posts

Flag Post

one of those games with much potential, but is extremely boring due to the fact that its almost entirely luck based.

Flag Post

Kufc the soulshrines are like straight blocks in tetris when I need them they don’t come, when I don’t need them they come a lot…And the dragon appears when I only have lv5 weapon and armor? what the kufc are you thinking?

Flag Post

Gomo, the best strategy I’ve found is to spend as little money as possible in the early going (only buying armor at the last moment; if the armor stores are inconveniently placed, use an elixir if necessary and buy another), doing your best to keep your cash above $500. That way, when the Gold Voucher comes, you can buy it. Hopefully, you’re in a position to survive the voucher fight, then you can spend more freely (although you should still be somewhat frugal until you get and use a second voucher, at which point money shouldn’t really be an issue).

Try to keep an item on you at all times; if you see a voucher coming, use your elixir at the last moment to maximize your health and not waste the elixir. Save the Divine Edge (if you have one) for dragons, or for an emergency. Dragons aren’t as powerful as they were in the original version, so you can beat them without a Divine Edge if you have an Elixir and decent weapon/armor for the current stage of the game. With luck (you’ll still need plenty of it, since the initial part of the strategy really relies on a lot of close calls), you’ll be able to get to level 10 armor and weapon. At that point, you can no longer use armor to replenish your health, so stop buying vouchers even if available and focus on always having an elixir or a Divine Edge.

As far as the soulshrines are concerned, never use one when your lifespan is 40 or better. From 20-40, you can probably get away with waiting if you see one on the queue at the correct point, but don’t push it any further since the high-defense, time-consuming golems (or whatever they are) have a tendency to appear around that point.

Flag Post

@Precarious

Yeah I had saw the comments say that you should always save $500 for gold tickets. So I started challenging.

1st try: met a gold ticket in day 5, and never met it again before dragon, I’m hosed.
2nd try: gold ticket didn’t come at all.
3rd try: yeah 2 gold tickets in early play, after I used them enemies came one after another while armor shop and pharmacy didn’t appear until my death.

I’m wondering whether I should continue testing my luck…
4th try: wow divine kill dragon in 1 hit :O

Flag Post

Heroes on Duty Badge (medium ~ 15 points)

Complete your adventure in Several Journeys of Reemus Chapter 4 Beastly Blackhole of Bureaucracy.

Flag Post

So about 500 people actually got that hard badge on sunday. That’s even less than the amount that earned the survival lab BotD I believe.

Flag Post

AAA Associate Badge (medium – 15 points)

Fix up your truck and get out of there in Dude and Zombies

Flag Post

o jeash i suck at this game, i may just skip today and wait for tomorrow.

Flag Post

Deck the Balls Badge (medium – 15 points)

Complete all 16 levels

Factory Balls, the Christmas edition

Flag Post

This is a strange choice. Why Christmas in April?

Flag Post
Originally posted by JimmyCarlos:

Because… it snowed a bit in some parts of England…?

Flag Post

Beacuse there aren’t any Easter games I suppose.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Beacuse there aren’t any Easter games I suppose.

Oh yeah?

Flag Post

they just left the randomizer on. it could have been anything.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

Kong uses randomizer to generate BotD? If so the randomizer is badly programmed as some badges are picked as BotD more than once.

Flag Post

Why Christmas in April?

“It’s not Christmas in July, that’s a cliche, but this is new! Christmas in April! Available only on Kongregate.com!”

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gomo_Psivarh:

Kong uses randomizer to generate BotD? If so the randomizer is badly programmed as some badges are picked as BotD more than once.

purely a guess btw.

i believe certain badges are excluded(many hard badges, all impossibles and probably a few annoying mediums) and x days have to pass for a duplicate badge.

i believe sometimes they hand pick a game, but they usually dont.

Flag Post

To be honest, it’s a lot less likely for each badge to come up once than for some to be repeated. It’s like rolling a die, the chances that you roll each of the six numbers once out of six rolls is fairly low, so it’s more probable that some will be repeated.

purely a guess btw.

i believe certain badges are excluded(many hard badges, all impossibles and probably a few annoying mediums) and x days have to pass for a duplicate badge.

i believe sometimes they hand pick a game, but they usually dont.

Basically any badge that’s deemed not possible (or probable) to be earned in one day is eliminated (especially since many people don’t want to play a single game for the majority of their time on the site). I think that they have it set up to not choose from a list of badges that would not be fair to use, and they also have the ability to hand-pick games for it (there was a whole week not too long ago where the games were all from the same theme, I believe). So what you said is essentially what’s happening, as far as I know (not sure about the days between repeats though, I haven’t seen anything official about that).

Flag Post

The current game’s final level is ridiculously hard. I don’t suppose anyone could give, like, a walkthrough or something…?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Urgh, a BotD that I don’t have…

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

The current game’s final level is ridiculously hard. I don’t suppose anyone could give, like, a walkthrough or something…?

The series is not hard at all.

What you need to do in all levels is to find the right painting order.
For instance to make the ball on the BotD image(is it the final level? I’ve forgotten), first finish the middle(vertical) part and protect it with the belt. Then finish the circle part on the left side and protect it with the earmuff. Then right circle → middle(horizonal) → top → top sawtooth → buttom sawtooth → buttom.

Originally posted by 123aaa789:

To be honest, it’s a lot less likely for each badge to come up once than for some to be repeated. It’s like rolling a die, the chances that you roll each of the six numbers once out of six rolls is fairly low, so it’s more probable that some will be repeated.

Kong should make it so that all available badges will only be picked once until all of them are used. This will also ensure that all possible badges will be eventually chosen as BotD.

Flag Post

“It Puts the Orbs in the Basket” Badge (Easy – 5 points)

Achieve 10% overall progress in Exorbis 2

Flag Post

“One Does Not Simply Battle Into Moira” Badge (Hard – 30 points)

Defeat Rangor atop Mt. Moira in Battle Beavers

…or maybe one does.

Flag Post

thats a relatively easy hard badge, just might take a bit of grinding.