Forums Kongregate

[Archive] Badge of the Day 2012 page 5

1164 posts

Flag Post

Button Masher Badge (easy – 5 points)

Press the first 3 buttons in Achievement Unlocked 2

Flag Post

Purrninating the Peasants… (easy – 5 points)

Kill 200 of the Sun King’s minions in Cat God vs Sun King

Flag Post

nyan cat wwwwww

Flag Post

Hard badge in Accelerator.

Terminal Velocity Badge (30 points – 8,107 awarded)
Reach a speed of at least 1,000 in ‘hard’ difficulty

Didn’t Greg say at one point games needing the unity plugin wouldn’t get challenges or BoTD? Or was that just for challenges? My crappy pc could barely play this game, and it was only due to multiple attempts and sheer luck that I was able to get a run where random lag didn’t kill me.

Flag Post

Ouch lol

Flag Post

Unity BotD?
Strange, good thing I have this one already.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

This way, you’ll be able to see that a badge is tied to a Unity game before you click on it and get super disappointed. Secondly, we currently don’t have any plans on making any challenges, time-limited quests, or badges of the day associated with games that run on Unity. This way if there is Linux support added in the future, those users are free to go back and earn everything Unity-related on the site.

Way to lie, Raw.

Flag Post

Ah, I knew SOMEONE said that. Thanks for finding that.

Flag Post

I’m not pissed, I can run Unity well, but I can understand how Linux/laggy PC users would easily get pissed.

Flag Post

I like having a hard BotD. I like it being one I already have. But again, surprised at it being Unity.

Flag Post

This game is quite hard for me :O

I reached speed 900 in 15 minutes, but I spent near 1 hour from 900 to 1000

Flag Post

It would be for a game that lags badly after playing for a bit >_<
Edit: Only took me four tries this time around.

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkaurora1990:
Originally posted by rawismojo:

This way, you’ll be able to see that a badge is tied to a Unity game before you click on it and get super disappointed. Secondly, we currently don’t have any plans on making any challenges, time-limited quests, or badges of the day associated with games that run on Unity. This way if there is Linux support added in the future, those users are free to go back and earn everything Unity-related on the site.

Way to lie, Raw.

Saying they don’t have current plans to make Unity badges BOTD doesn’t mean there will never be any.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

I’m not pissed, I can run Unity well, but I can understand how Linux/laggy PC users would easily get pissed.

I don’t often miss the badge of the day, but I’m a Linux user and this time I have no choice. What I really don’t understand is why Kong would allow some new technology which probably very few people had installed before, but point blank refuses to allow Java.

Flag Post

he said currently, currently can last 2 seconds or several years. its a vague term. so its not technically lying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

he said currently, currently can last 2 seconds or several years. its a vague term. so its not technically lying.

The thing is, most of us probably expected another announcement similar to that first one at some point letting us know their policy on Unity badges was changing before there were any time limited events involving them.

It’s really not a problem for me, I can run Unity okay and already had that badge anyway, but I can understand why Linux users and players it doesn’t run or runs poorly for would be upset.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WilliamPorygon:

The thing is, most of us probably expected another announcement similar to that first one at some point letting us know their policy on Unity badges was changing before there were any time limited events involving them.

It’s really not a problem for me, I can run Unity okay and already had that badge anyway, but I can understand why Linux users and players it doesn’t run or runs poorly for would be upset.

Expecting a statement still doesn’t make what rawismojo said a lie in any way. It’s also expecting something that was never promised (at least not in the post quoted), and I sincerely doubt that any Linux users would go to any great lengths to be able to play Unity games even if they were given a months prior notice. Of course, as far as goodwill goes, it would be a nice gesture from Kongregate, but that’s as much as I feel it would be.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

I’m pissed.

Can’t get the badge because of lag. /rage

Flag Post

I understand the rage from the community on this one, but I’m raging a bit because of just how much your hand is held for this game now. I played this originally when there was only one mode, and no continues, and I did score over 1k. Honestly? The badges (not the game) seem to be a joke because of the changes made to the game.

Flag Post

As others have said, it would be nice to not have Unity games for badges of the day.

Flag Post

Good thing I never jumped on the “I must have every BotD” wagon, cause this would be a miss for me. Unity crashes flash player on my computer.

Flag Post

only prob for me with this botd, gotta keep adjusting the mouse sensitivity in the options! i’m stuck at 800, dang i suck lol.

Flag Post

Woops! This was an oversight on our part. Unity games shouldn’t be on the BotD rotation. Sorry about that! While there’s nothing really to be done about today’s badge of the day, we won’t be doing this again in the foreseeable future.

Flag Post

Black Hole Son (Medium – 15 points)
Explore the vastness of space in SHIFT 3

Flag Post

Itty Bitty Baby Badge (easy – 5 points)

Shrink your way past level 8 in Two Rooms