Forums Kongregate

Cannot connect

10 posts

Flag Post

I’ve seen one other user with this problem, and it wasn’t resolved. I don’t have any idea what’s stopping me, but I can’t connect to the chat (which means I can’t really do anything, of course).

I’ve tried with my firewall disabled entirely, to no avail. This site seems fantastic and I’d love to take part in everything, but I don’t know what’s going on here. :(

Flag Post

its called your internet is bad, or your ip thing is bad

Flag Post

Yes, I’m sure my internet or my “ip thing” must be “bad.”

Can you be any more specifc? I don’t seem to have any other problems…

…:-/

Flag Post

This is brutal :P I keep coming back here hoping it’s working, but no dice. I don’t get it. I really want to get some badges and beat the challenge…

Flag Post

Do you get a disconnect message, or does it just not load?

That might help us figure out what’s going on. My first suggestion, without any other information, is that you may have an ad-blocker preventing chat from loading.

That and firewalls are the most common trouble makers.

Flag Post

Thanks for the reply!

It’s not connecting, the applet loads fine. “A connection to the chat servers could not be established.” “Retrying…”

My firewall doesn’t seem to be the problem, unless some kind of external firewall in my apartment complex is restricting me, though I don’t see why..

What kind of ad-blocker could do it? I’ve tried both Firefox and IE.

Flag Post

Try loading the chat when you’re not logged in, (long story).

Flag Post

My firewall has that port open, and I’ve even tried with my firewall disabled.

I’ll try clearing out my internet stuff and connecting while not logged in…

Flag Post

Don’t understand why my school’s nonlocal, firewalled wireless network would let me in. Guess it’s more time in the library for now…

Flag Post

ok, get your own unregistered computer, leave LOTS of space on your C: drive then try it.