Forums Kongregate

More levels before 2013? page 2

85 posts

Flag Post

http://chat.kongregate.com/images/presentation/levelbug/levelbug999.gif

lmao kong created the level image to lv999…
I wonder whether I could see someone reach that peak in my life

Flag Post

That would require 304,227,755 points, so no. The grandchildren of our grandchildren will all be dead by then.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

more reason to not have a cap maik. give 65s something else to do.

I think you’re referring to all those spam raters and referrers. You got a point in that, some people are ready to do so. However those things could be fixed.

For example I can’t see why there isn’t only 10 game rating per day where you could get a point. It wouldn’t effect to those who rate accordingly (much) and if you really want to rate more than 10 games, either do it next day or rate without getting points. This 10 rating per day wouldn’t remove spam raters but it would make their point growth from rating 5x slower

Referrers… the idea was most suited for the time when kongregate had just launched as you now get lots of users from GameStop. I think that being an user referrer is still OK… the problem is that flow of points you get from those referrals in which this separated badge and point level would fix this and spam rating issue.

However there’d be lots of problems associated with this separated level.

It’s good that we have only single level status but it’s so easily distortable. I wish there’d one solution that would fix all our point problems without collateral damage

And as for ‘Something else to do’; I really can’t figure out what that ‘something’ would be. If you have an idea bobby, I’d be delighted to hear it

I’m not sure how many times I have discussed about raising level cap

Flag Post

its this thread again!

i do not believe that there should a level cap raised, and in the chance it is, it should only be to a maximum of 70.
my reason for saying this is that have been on kongregate since there were very few badges, and i have been getting/ trying to get them week by week as they were released. even though i have a lot of points from game ratings and referrals (probabily 1000 altogether) most of my points were from badges.
and even then it took me near enough 4 years to be level 65. the arguement ‘level 65 can be gotten with just badge points, although valid is a bad reason to just raise the cap. i probabily spend/spent wayy too much time trying to get the badges, and i believe that even though can get to 65 through these points alone, it would still take over a year of legitimate playing (ie no hacking) to get them. and it is nice for ’normal’ players to have something to aim for. the people who want the cap raising have loads of points from referrals, spam rating 50 games a day and other possibly illegitimate means, no matter how much the cap is raised by they will always continue to do this, until a point where getting points does become meaningless (like on newgrounds for example).

there are lots more points i would bring forward, but no-one probabily cares. but i believe if the cap is to be raised, it should be raised only to a maximum of 70.

Flag Post

And again, the problem is how Kong manages points and levels.
Level should only consider badge points. Period.

But of course, spam raters give extra money to Kong; each spam rater will load at least 50 games every day, that’s 50 extra ad views that translate directly into Kong’s income, and I’m guessing that’s why they don’t remove the points for rating games, which nobody seems to like.

And no, it’s not that thread again.
Those threads are “why there aren’t any levels beyond 65?”
This thread is “badge points are reaching the cap; new levels could/should be unlocked.”

Flag Post

So there are practically 5 major ways of getting points:
- Earn badges
- Earn badges of a day*
- Earn points from games you make
- Referrals
- Rate games, artwork and game contributions

3/5 could be seen as ‘legitimate’ way, three first ones but still, those other two remaining possibilities still exists giving level cap raise also cons and not just pros. IMO it’s a question which weights more: Cons or pros

I recently got an idea that might work, having it’s pros and cons etc…
Allow users only to earn X amount of levels from rating and referrals while the rest of the levels comes from badges, BoTD’s and developer work

Example: New level cap is raised to 75, there’s X points you have earned from points you have earned from ratings and referrals and you have 35 levels worth of points from badges, BoTD’s [and developer work]. This means that you have level of 65.

Now, the only way to level up is to earn badges, BoTD’s or do some talented developer work assuming you have reached the X point
(Maximum amount of points you can earned from referrals)
You still would gain all points from all sources you can use, not just levels from ratings and referrals

I’m not trying to claim that this would be fault free. For example Jayisgames (and some other users) would instantly drop to level Y (a level which is awarded when only X is reached seeing there isn’t any other points than points from referrals). Rating and referrals would become useless at certain point, you just would have to make sure your point gain from ratings and referrals won’t deplete right away. As kongregate becomes older and older, even ‘casual non-spam rater’ users would reach this X point. When that happens, you just have to raise the point cap again (and possibly level cap as well)

Just another suggestion alongside with others, each one having it’s pros and cons

Also, did you saw that *mark at BoTD, it means that this increases points available to earn with this ‘legitimate’ way giving us more reason why level cap should be raised

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

and even then it took me near enough 4 years to be level 65.

Well, it took me 5 years to reach Level 2, thus that should be the level cap. NOPE!!!
You can get there in LESS than 3 months, or in one year with MERE 365 badges.

Flag Post

I think when you’re at the max level, the level number background should be a different colour.
e.g

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ruudiluca:

I think when you’re at the max level, the level number background should be a different colour.
e.g

This would be great if they could add a different color for each type of points method.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1337al:

its this thread again!

And I’m here, as I always am in these threads, to ask for an extended leaderboard (or really any leaderboard that doesn’t suck) since that would be of use to more people than an raised level cap.

As usual, I’ll suggest the top 1000 be put on the points leaderboard, and I’ll observe that I know there’s an issue with how the point for the current leaderboard aare determined, so 123aaa789 doesn’t have to.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis93:
Originally posted by Maik50:

Also; Whoa Senekis! When did you reached level 65? It happened so rapidly

Some months ago; at least one person registers everyday from the Badge Master referral links. d:

Why would all those people be playing BadgeMaster if they didn’t have a Kong account?

Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:
Originally posted by rlatch79:

I’m sure that Kong has addressed this issue. Do you think the moderators have any inside info?

No.

Lies. Mods know the secrets of Kong but don’t want to share with us, mortal users. u.u

Darn got me. Up to level 587 is coming out next month.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis:

Some months ago; at least one person registers everyday from the Badge Master referral links. d:

Why would all those people be playing BadgeMaster if they didn’t have a Kong account?

Even if they can’t get badges (because they aren’t registered), Badge Master is still way better than Kong’s default badge browser, so I guess they use it as a way to find decent games easily.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis:

Even if they can’t get badges (because they aren’t registered), Badge Master is still way better than Kong’s default badge browser, so I guess they use it as a way to find decent games easily.

Most likely that is what’s happening, as it definitely does work better. What I find a little odd, though, is that you’re getting points from basically making an application that will point someone towards a random game, because I always saw referrals as a reward for bringing new people to the site, not for taking people already on the site and pointing them to a game already on the site. Not to say that it’s “unfair,” just that it’s odd. I’m not sure how the mechanics of your game work (to be honest I don’t think I’ve been on it in quite some time), but by linking to games that aren’t yours or that you have no affiliation to, you’re getting referrals. It’s an innovative idea, and since no one else has thought of it I see it as quite useful, so I’ll say that.

More on-topic: People have been asking for a higher level cap for a long time now, and every time there have been points for both sides. I still feel that it’s not worth worrying about yet, since there are so few people who are actually limited by it that it’s not worth messing with right now. Until a large enough amount of people reach and surpass the level cap, then it will be time to worry about it.

Flag Post

e.g

I approve this suggestion!
/ thumb up

Flag Post

how about being able to “prestige” like in cod. You get some special medal on your profile then you start at lvl 1 with a different looking lvl like above

Flag Post

That would require 304,227,755 points, so no. The grandchildren of our grandchildren will all be dead by then.

unless your jayisgames

e.g

I thing that should be available at any level

Flag Post

Bumping with updated info:

As of today, you can get 35,470 points from badges. (Level 64)
36,560 are required to reach level 65.
That’s 1,090 points left, which would take around 9 weeks if we stick to what I said in the op (too lazy to check if the badge points per month stay the same).

Level 66 would require 38,340 points if the current formula is used. Players would be able to reach level 66 in a bit over half year (again, if we stick to the old numbers).

Flag Post

I definitely think we’ll get a bump, probably to 70. I think 75 is pushing it.

Flag Post

Did anyone from Kongregate ever state somewhere that the reason to not raise the cap was that it could not be reached by badge points or is this an assumption that players made?

Just wondering, cause Kong made the (lousy) decision to simply throw badge points, referal points, rating points etc all together and to not display a badge level or something like that. So why should only badge points matter in regards to the cap?

Thanks in advance if anyone could point me to such a statement from a Kong employee.

Flag Post
Kong made the (lousy) decision to simply throw badge points, referal points, rating points etc all together and to not display a badge level or something like that.

Thank god for Badge Master.

Flag Post

AFAIK, it’s an assumption.

Flag Post

Level 66’s point requirement should always be Jayisgame’s total number of points + 1.

Flag Post

lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thorock:

lol