Forums Kongregate

More levels before 2013? page 4

85 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by JamesBont:

“You suck at rating games” is one of the funniest things I have ever read on this site.

I know, I know. ;_;
But I’m getting better!

I like having 65 as the max level, it still takes a while to achieve.

Flag Post

This response will probably leave a lot of people wanting, but do know that we’re reading this thread (and similar threads) and we know there is considerable support behind raising the level cap. While there wouldn’t be an incredible work investment in just raising the cap, it does have several ramifications and we want to evaluate all those before changing the system. Ideally, whatever changes we make to the system would make it better in general, rather than just increasing the maximum numerical value you can obtain. If all we did was raise the level cap, it would just affect a small percentage of the community and could possibly upset others (those who are level 63-64 who never managed to hit the cap while it was enforced at 65). I wouldn’t expect a change on this front in the extremely near future, but it is on our minds and is being considered.

Flag Post

if the rating system is not going to be changed i think level 100 should be next max.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

That’s reasonable and I’m glad the administration is figuring out the problem. :3

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

That’s reasonable and I’m glad the administration is figuring out the problem. :3

There’s not really a problem… :P just that it’s something that’s considered. and they’d like to look at more than just raising the cap -ie: potential features/rewards (i’m guessing) around raising the cap. It’s also an admission of a problem… that there would be ramifications (people close to 65, as stated).

Flag Post
Originally posted by wattro:

There’s not really a problem… :P just that it’s something that’s considered. and they’d like to look at more than just raising the cap -ie: potential features/rewards (i’m guessing) around raising the cap. It’s also an admission of a problem… that there would be ramifications (people close to 65, as stated).

The way I read raw’s post is that they want to do something more long term then just “raise the cap” so this thread doesn’t pop up again in 2 years.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wattro:

The way I read raw’s post is that they want to do something more long term then just “raise the cap” so this thread doesn’t pop up again in 2 years.

Yep, I read the same thing as you. I just didn’t infer that there existed an actual “problem” with the current system… which is what I was pointing out. Just that they want to do more than simply raising the level cap, as doing such is not necessarily desirable on its own.

Flag Post

The problem is the level cap and the rapidly increasing amount of users reaching it.

Flag Post

The problem is the level cap and the rapidly increasing amount of users reaching it.

That inherently is not a problem. There is no problem that users have reached the ‘max level’. In fact, lots of people would be happy if it stayed the same, and a significant % of users could give a rat’s ass. The numbers support it not being a problem, and the admins don’t think it’s any kind of significant problem. :)

It’s only a problem if you perceive it to be a problem – and you’re not even close to 65. :P I am 65, and I don’t want it raised. Neither do the # of people who are approaching it, which is far greater than the # who have reached it).

On a side note… LOL @ how you get your points and to 44 so fast – you’re a game/art/sound rater in abundance. HAHAHA. Don’t take this the wrong way, but everything you say on the matter should be discounted. You’re in the probably less than 0.1% of users club. Obsess much? Do you play these games for more than 30 seconds? I’d rather solve the problem of behaviors like yours than more and more people hitting the level cap.

Flag Post

Does anyone know what the formula is for exp required for different levels? Because then even if we didn’t raise the level cap we could plug our points in and see what our level would be if there wasn’t any level cap =P

I wouldn’t mind the level cap being raised (I’m level 65) but it doesn’t matter too much for me either way. My goal has always been able to get all the badges (Just 9 more!) as opposed to getting points.

Some friends of mine are nowhere near level 65 and still want the level cap to be raised, so… who knows what motivations people have.