Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Minor Site Changes

38 posts

Flag Post

Not too many changes you can see with this release. We created a new game category, removed some links from the game pages and also added a kreds link in the quick launch bar for kreds games. You can read about those below or in our change logs here.

Flag Post

Users:

• Do not show chat ads for K+ users
  • Fix /games_for_your_site xml page
  • Add a Kreds icon in the quick launch bar for all Kreds games
  • Remove the game categories in the header for game pages
  • Created a Recently Popular category on the /games page

Flag Post

• Awesome, thank you!

Flag Post
    Originally posted by rivaL:

Do not show chat ads for K+ users

Awesome, thank you!

Yes, thank you for this :D

Flag Post

Updates are just the greatest.
    Thanks devs!

Flag Post

• Awesome, thank you!

I second this

Flag Post

• Awesome, thank you!

Edit: If it’s chat ad free, then what’s this?

Flag Post

a game
    that you were playing

Flag Post

Pan to the right on the image to see what Samster was referring to. Not the game. The actual chat to the right of the game.

Flag Post
    Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Updates are just the greatest.
    Thanks devs!

This.

Flag Post

It’s unfortunate that the fix for the bug where clicking on my user name no longer pulls up my profile (requiring me to navigate down in the menu to “Full Profile” or left on the bar to the much smaller avatar) wasn’t fixed in this update. I was under the impression, through prior communication with the support on this site, that the cause of this bug had already been nailed down so I was hoping the fix was already in the pipeline.

Flag Post

I like this update.

Flag Post
    Originally posted by Keslen:

It’s unfortunate that the fix for the bug where clicking on my user name no longer pulls up my profile (requiring me to navigate down in the menu to “Full Profile” or left on the bar to the much smaller avatar) wasn’t fixed in this update. I was under the impression, through prior communication with the support on this site, that the cause of this bug had already been nailed down so I was hoping the fix was already in the pipeline.

Not being able to click on your username to go to your profile page was a feature we put in with the last deploy. Is that not working for you?

Flag Post
    Originally posted by joe1017:

Not being able to click on your username to go to your profile page was a feature we put in with the last deploy. Is that not working for you?

I think he thought that Kongregate would reimplement clicking your name to go to your profile because many users wanted it back and it seemed more logical UI-wise than the current situation (so much so that he thought it was a bug).

Recently popular games is cool – how’s it calculated?

Flag Post

No new profile skins. Sadface. I was looking forward to putting sushi on my profile.

Flag Post
    Originally posted by EndlessSporadic:

No new profile skins. Sadface. I was looking forward to putting ants on my profile.

Me too!

Flag Post

No new profile skins. Sadface. I was looking forward to putting sushi on my profile.

I’d hazard a guess at it taking so long because they included more winners than they intended on in the first place, so it’s taking longer to assemble all of the pieces correctly and get them smoothed out to work properly.

Nice little updates nonetheless, it’s nice to see the little changes coming out periodically.

Flag Post
    Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

No new profile skins. Sadface. I was looking forward to putting ants on my profile.

Me too!

I second the ants, retro Kong as well. :P

Flag Post

You forgot to mention the fix for big threads where you couldn’t delete your posts. And thanks a lot for that.

Flag Post
    Originally posted by uzzbuzz:
    Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

Me too!

I second the ants, retro Kong as well. :P

Yup, they are my two favourites. I still think Kongman should’ve won :P

Flag Post

• Awesome, thank you!

Hey how did you get the -5000 points?

Flag Post
    Originally posted by Rayquax:

• Awesome, thank you!

Hey how did you get the -5000 points?

You can request that points be deducted from your account.

Flag Post

So I take it Kong’s new strategy is, instead of offering users cool things, to simply annoy us until we buy K+?

Flag Post
    Originally posted by joe1017:

It isn’t. I have to navigate directly to the “Full Profile” option in the menu that appears when I hover over my user name and click on it in order to access my profile instead of just being able to click on that user name. It’s, admittedly, not a huge deal but it adds a small amount of inconvenience and removes a large amount of intuitiveness (especially since it’s the only section of the entire header that doesn’t respond to a click).

If it means digging through mounds of code, it’s probably not worth it, but I understood that the underlying problem causing this error had been identified, so I was assuming (hoping) it’d get fixed soon. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Flag Post

If it means digging through mounds of code, it’s probably not worth it, but I understood that the underlying problem causing this error had been identified, so I was assuming (hoping) it’d get fixed soon. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

It’s not an error. The ability to access your profile by clicking on your username was intentionally removed, and (as far as anyone knows) isn’t going to come back. Instead, you can now access your profile by clicking your avatar. Again, there’s no “bug” or “error”, and there’s nothing to “fix”.