Forums Kongregate

Broken badges page 10

645 posts

Flag Post

6 Differences has a bug which makes the game uncompletable (meaning you need to refresh the page and start all over if you want to complete the game) under certain circumstances. The particular bug only takes place if you use the final level’s hint on the difference appearing after the sun dawns on the level — that makes the difference bug and not end the level.

Flag Post

Dribbles: Despair seems to be a bit broken. I guess you can tell who the hackers are pretty easily :p

Flag Post
Originally posted by wattro:

Dribbles: Despair seems to be a bit broken. I guess you can tell who the hackers are pretty easily :p

And how, the only people that have earned the hard badge so far are the people who have cheated to get it. I guess I should be glad my badge report hasn’t gone through yet so that I don’t get lumped into that crowd.

Flag Post

Yeah, I just sent my badge report in too. If ever it was more obvious who the hackers are…

Flag Post

Dibbles is fixed! It was looking for gamecomplete=44 instead of levelscomplete=44. Spoiler: it’s not possible to have gamecomplete=44. Kudos to those who figured out which stat to cheat with in order to get the badge, though.

Flag Post

Sorry for the double post, Dibbles is fixed!

EDIT: DAMMIT RAW

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

Dibbles is fixed! It was looking for gamecomplete=44 instead of levelscomplete=44. Spoiler: it’s not possible to have gamecomplete=44. Kudos to those who figured out which stat to cheat with in order to get the badge, though.

Can’t you ban all of them then? They’re cheaters.

Flag Post

i think of the 8 i saw yesterday, all were level 63-65

Flag Post

It’s sad to see how many people will hack a game, especially a puzzle game that most likely has guides up for it already. I honestly see no point in why they would do that. I agree with Jimmy, they should be banned, or at the least have the badge removed/ some points.

Flag Post

So shouldn’t the cheaters be punished in some way? Badges and Hi-scores tables are two of the biggest draws to Kong over their competition and cheaters like this undermine both and do nothing but hurt the site in the long run.

The typical stock answer of why Kong never does anything about cheaters, is that it’s hard to prove they cheated. That isn’t the case here. Raws post sadly confirms for me that Kong doesn’t give a shit about people cheating, and there are apparently no repercussions for it, no matter how obvious you make it. At least one of those people who cheated for the Dibbles badge has routinely cheated on badged games for as long as I’ve been here.

It just sets a bad precedent for a member of Kong staff to flat out admit he knows these people cheated, and said people receive no penalty of any kind.

/end pointless rant

Flag Post

Way back when I started coming here, the cheaters actually were being punished. Accounts were wiped clean of points and badges, or banned completely, and high score boards were cleared of hack scores. It didn’t happen a lot, but it happened enough that people noticed. Somewhere along the way, the Kongregate staff decided it was too much work, and stopped. The cheaters have won here.

Flag Post

This isn’t a broken badge per say, but more of a warning to people who use the RequestPolicy add-on for Firefox.

If you use that add-on, then there might be a few games that won’t submit anything to the API because it sends the high scores to another site first and then back to the Kongregate API. This was the case with Dibbles 3, I completed all the levels and never got either of the badges, never had anything submit to the API at all. Finally I remembered about RequestPolicy, temporarily enabled the host site and instantly got the badges.

Flag Post

As for Begone Guerra, is there any way to prove you’ve met the requirements for the medium badge (100 kills total) ? You cannot see your all-time kills (not that I know of at least) and the kill counter in a match resets after each game.

Flag Post

You Are The Road – Molyjam 2012 badge seems to be broken too. This game, BeGone… maybe the latest Unity update has messed something up.

Originally posted by StrangeCastle:

As for Begone Guerra, is there any way to prove you’ve met the requirements for the medium badge (100 kills total) ? You cannot see your all-time kills (not that I know of at least) and the kill counter in a match resets after each game.

I was taking a screenshot once after every 10 games and as a prove sent this I reported it today, so no response yet, but I think it’s enough. EDIT: Yes, it is. I awarded You Are The Road badge and both BeGone badges by reporting them.

Flag Post

So multiple screens as one image where the total combined value of all kills exceeds 100 ? Not a bad idea actually, I suppose I could give that a try.

Flag Post

Honestly, I feel like we should be able to get the unearnable badges if we submit a screenshot from other websites where they work. I am highly against removing the badges by the way because someday they may be earnable again. I’m just saying that for the time being, we should be allowed to get the badges.

Flag Post

Dragon Age: Journeys is broken.

Flag Post

Dragon Age Journeys seems fine to me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bilious:

Dragon Age Journeys seems fine to me.

The game works. API doesn’t.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

The latest comments on Vector Stunt seem to indicate the game is broken, though it worked fine for me. (Maybe it’s a good thing I accidentally ended that Flash Player update before it finished.)

There is indeed something peculiar going on with Vector Runner which makes earning hard badge from it impossible (unless you cheat)
I’m getting much lesser ramps than i should be getting.

Flag Post

BTW Sola Rola is just about restored. See the thread for more.

Flag Post

I think Doodle Devil is fixed. I loaded the game a few days ago and played it fully without issue.

Flag Post

Looks like I have a bad luck with badges recently… The medium badge from Spectromancer: Gamer’s Pack is broken (some guys from the comments have that problem too).

Although description says “If you completed the campaign before badges were added, just load the save file for a campaign that was completed to earn the badge.”, reloading gives me this screen but no badge. I beat the campaign with Chronomancer on normal difficulty, but I don’t thing it matters.

Flag Post

begone gurrera isn’t working.

Flag Post

Not really a broken badge, more like a broken browser; Epic Battle Fantasy 3 can’t save on Chrome.