Forums Kongregate

Broken badges page 18

603 posts

Flag Post

Did Ironhide fix Kingdom Rush for the hard bagdes? I don’t see anybody complaining anymore on the game’s page.

Also, Kong shouldn’t badge their new game Kingdom Rush Frontiers unless they provide a fix to Kingdom Rush, otherwise it will become another unobtainable badge like many others if they don’t care to fix.

Flag Post

Desktop Tower Defense 1.5 is now officially unpublished. This marks the first totally, utterly unavailable imp badge. :c (Beginner Quest is still available though. That’s Desktop TD Pro, not DTD 1.5.)

P.S. Outernauts shuts down January 31st, 2014.

Flag Post

Top Defense

After preloader, stops at black screen.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PetalmaneBaku:

Top Defense

I can play it just fine.

Flag Post
Originally posted by randomboy839:

Top Defense

I can play it just fine.

Not sure. Other people in comments say they’re having same problem.

Flag Post

Yeah, from over a month ago.

Try updating Flash or clearing your cache?

Flag Post

Eh, I just won’t play it. Disregard :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maritos:

Did Ironhide fix Kingdom Rush for the hard bagdes? I don’t see anybody complaining anymore on the game’s page.

Also, Kong shouldn’t badge their new game Kingdom Rush Frontiers unless they provide a fix to Kingdom Rush, otherwise it will become another unobtainable badge like many others if they don’t care to fix.

Can someone confirm this for me?

Flag Post

I can confirm that Kong should not badge Kingdom Rush frontiers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

I can confirm that Kong should not badge Kingdom Rush frontiers.

That’s not what I asked anyway.

Flag Post

Dynamic Systems seems broke’d.

Flag Post

It was reported several times, but wasn’t added to the list. It needs to be updated.

Edit
Here are some games not in the list and some changes:

• The API in Whiteboard Tower Defense and Vox Populi is working
  • The End is loading properly for me (I’ll check if it’s just loading running properly) Edit: Completed 2 levels. Seems working.
  • Outernauts is going to be closed on January 31st
  • Dynamic Systems is not loading
  • DTD 1.5 is removed
  • Warlords: Heroes has a glitch that can complete the impossible badge

and some others I don’t remember.

Flag Post

Platform Racing servers are back up

Flag Post

I cannot personally confirm it, but it would be helpful if someone can confirm it since I’ve already earned it, but I’ve heard a small amount of people say that after a huge update to Clash of the Dragons revamping most older missions, the badges are no longer reported automatically.

Flag Post

Card Monsters doesn’t seem to be reporting wins for the Easy badge.. I won a random duel, a quest duel, and a Live Play duel and my counter didn’t increase at all.

Edit: Refreshed page and counter was updated :) Maybe just delayed a lot?

Flag Post

Updated! By the way.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Updated! By the way.

Still missing Accelerator, which isn’t reporting scores any more.

Flag Post

Civiballs 2 is currently up and running ok. I’m playing it now.

Flag Post

Not sure if anone has mentioned this yet, but Desktop Tower Defense 1.5 is now removed. Meaning it is now impossible to get the easy, medium, hard, and impossible badges. Even by playing elsewhere, screencapping, and filling out a mbr (missing badge report)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chatbot:

Not sure if anone has mentioned this yet, but Desktop Tower Defense 1.5 is now removed. Meaning it is now impossible to get the easy, medium, hard, and impossible badges. Even by playing elsewhere, screencapping, and filling out a mbr (missing badge report)

It’s listed as an impossible to earn badge.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by Chatbot:

It’s listed as an impossible to earn badge.

I don’t think it hurts to mention it, nor do I think it was bad to have said the game is now removed

Flag Post

I know that a year or two ago some game was badged that was basically an advertisement for a movie or game (Prince of Persia maybe… something about being able to hit a key and “reverse” or “undo” the last seconds of gameplay)? There was a big negative outcry from the community and what happened was that the badge was turned into a temporary loot challenge. Anyone who had earned the badge already had it replaced by the loot challenge of the same point quantity.

So folks that earned it didn’t have their points removed when the badge went away, the badge got removed from the game, everyone seemed happy.

Why can’t we do something like this when a game’s badges are no longer earn-able (either because it is a MMO that the devs are no longer hosting, because there are bugs with a new version of flash/browser that make the badges unearnable and when the developer is no longer updating the game, etc)? The badges are no longer there (suggesting/encouraging new players to play the linked games even though they can’t), but the points folks earned from them are not lost.

Thoughts?

-Pip

Flag Post

But the Prince of Persia challenge wasn’t added automatically to people who already got the badge: they lost the badge, it was simply removed. I think they could get the challenge separately? But to do that you need the game to still be up, and we can’t throw up a points challenge for, say, Caesary, since it’s just plain gone. The only way to take down badges with the current infrastructure is to actually remove the badges from everyone who ever got them, ruining their effort.

Frankly I think all the badges need is a different tag, “listed” true/false, to remove the badge from the common listings and game page if it’s false and show it on profiles in all instances. But I guess that’s just not how things are built!

Flag Post

I had no problem using double right click.

Flag Post
Originally posted by shinytyphlosion:

I had no problem using double right click.

To get it to play, and other games with similar problems, right click, go to settings, select the mic option and right click the default dropdown menu. From there you should have all the normal right click options, click play, and that should solve the issue