Forums Kongregate

Broken badges page 3

606 posts

Flag Post

The only thing I see really problematic are games you cannot have access anymore with any way. They might locked out for good

Games with broken or corrupted API are of course nuisance, but most of the time you can get your badges by sending the screenshot proof

Gliches are like cheats. If you’re willing to use cheats such as .sol editing, you might want to exploit the gliches. Knowing the gliches doesn’t make you a cheater. Using them in a way is as you don’t play game accordingly to games original rules

And other problematic games could be handled with info campaign which’ purpose would be either to boost playerbase of a multiplayer game or add necessary info how you should handle problematic issues next to badge description

However, there often is related two common factors in all of these broken badges: Bad and neglecting developer or outdated game system

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

And other problematic games could be handled with info campaign which’ purpose would be either to boost playerbase of a multiplayer game or add necessary info how you should handle problematic issues next to badge description

That’d be nice.
Maybe we could organize “Multiplayer weekends”, inviting people to play X or Y game during a whole weekend so there’s a higher chance of getting the badges.

Of course, this should be planned a couple fo weeks ahead to get the message to more people, that should make it way easier to get badges from games like Kongai or Dinowaurs that never seem to have more than 5 players at a given point (and all of them are AFK).

Flag Post

Ahem, dinowaurs would work from it’s current state if it didn’t had faulty server connections, most especially towards kongregate. You may counterpart with someone outside of kongregate if you get lucky. NG + Kongregate occassionally works, meaning that badge isn’t completely locked out but man, your kill grinding is going to become boring.

Since dinowaurs servers do not respond from kongregate to kongregate, organizing an event to revive the game would be practically impossible unless developer would fix the errors in it’s game(s) (which is less likely to happen)

However, games which’ only problem is low playerbase would really benefit from your suggestion senekis. E.g Remnants of Skystone, Zening, Kongai…

Flag Post

Aw, checked Sonny, didn’t get badges automatically.

As for Stick Arena, I remembered I got my badges instantly from logging on to an old account of mine that has the specified amount of kills required. It was pretty easy to exploit.

Flag Post

Ah, I didn’t know that about Dinowaurs.
Damn mediocre developers. u.u

But well, as you said, it could work for other games. Maybe we could give it a try next weekend.

Flag Post

For the Pr2 badges I sent an email to Greg a while ago and he added a note on the bird brain hard badge about being on the Carina server.

Flag Post

I dont feel so problematic to earn these badges of Multiplayer games.

Dinowaurs seems to be most abandoned. Sometimes its hard to arrange a match. But when there are players it worked for me. Got easy badge and one medium at March 10, 2011. Another medium at March 14, hard at March 19. 9 days is far better than most Multiplayer games. My record was 24-6, so I got some skills ;O) Oh, I also got the badges instantly (no screenshot needed).

I see really no problem about Stick Arena. Got easy and both medium at March 24, 2011, and hard badge at April 03, 2011. I had really no skills on this one, but its just grind for a bit, because your progress never decrease (like dinowaurs, too). Arranging games is not difficult.

Zening: why are we talking about this one? It has a Multiplayer feature, for sure, but the badges are earned by beating the single player story mode.

Remnants of Skystone has just one multiplayer related badge, its simple and easy to achieve. You probably wont have much problems finding a partner, just ask in kong chat.

Kongai is problably the hardest one. Just a few players online (but more than dinowaurs). The worst part, however, to earn the hard badge is that losses will subtract from your score and so delay you. Also, I had a good amount of cards (like 50%) from old challenges and could create some interesting decks, much harder for people without enough cards, or that have just a starter deck. Got the badge with a 37-22 record.

Conclusion: I would ask for challenges that award Kongai cards to return, this would make it easier. But about earning badges, I wouldnt call any of these ‘broken’.

Also, I had no problem with Whiteboard Tower Defense and some other of the games listed. Checking kongregate old messages, the games that I needed screenshots were: Dragon Age: Journeys, Neverending Light, Bowmaster Prelude, Onslaught 2, Balance Balls 2, Heroes of gaia, Call of Gods, DDTank, Desktop TD Pro. But I assume some could have changed (being corrected or broken). Anyway, I have the habit of taking a screenshot if the badge is not earned instantly. Most times I get them some seconds later, but Im cautious :D

Flag Post

i have to agree with you on the point about getting more players in MMO’s it would be nice to revive a few of them and get more people the badges, its why i have taken to jumping on MMOs these days to be sure of getting the badges before they die off,

some coordination would be needed with the devs though, i cant imagine promoting a near dead MMO that has had the majority of its server space reused suddenly flooded with new users will make anyone happy,

can Greg or rawismojo tell us why, if sola rola and dtd 1.5 get fixed, the ceasery badges cannot just be removed for good? the numbers earned are rather low and its only 50 points lost if removing the badges also removed the points,

Flag Post

EDIT: Cirplosions API seems to work smoothly. However, I haven’t checked cirvival mode’s API tracking since I haven’t unlocked it yet. At least medium badge doesn’t bring any problems

Probably should’ve specified, Cirvival mode is the API that takes forever.

Flag Post

@Marvaddin

I see really no problem about Stick Arena

API isn’t broken, game mechanics are overly which I find problematic

Zening: why are we talking about this one? It has a Multiplayer feature, for sure, but the badges are earned by beating the single player story mode.

Chapters 3 and 4 assumably requires PvP or other players

Remnants of Skystone

Nothing wrong in this games API. RoS only suffers from player deficit but it shouldn’t be overly problematic for badges. RoS wasn’t even in the list, I just mentioned it as an example which badged games should be revived

Kongai is problably the hardest one

I’d better add this

Taken from here
Slow integration or broken API
Dragon Age: Journeys, Bowmaster Prelude, Onslaught 2, Heroes of gaia, Desktop TD Pro, Balance Balls 2

Should be functional

Neverending Light, DDTank

CoG is unconfirmed

Flag Post

The first stage of Chapter 4 of Zening is the only one that requires a human player, otherwise AIs are used. Though I remember seeing someone mention there’s a very specific, non-intuitive way to do that one level with the AI anyway.

Flag Post

I don’t really think these are all broken, but the games I’ve had to send in screen shots for are Wooden Path, The Great Siege, Pandemic 2, Pirate Defense, Hands of War, Thing-thing 3, Hedgehog Launch 2, Balloon Invasion, Platform Racing 2, My Pet Protector, Pandemic:American Swine, Defend Your Honor, Bubble Tanks Tower Defense, Heroes of Gaia, and DDTank.

DDTank and Heroes of Gaia certainly seem to have problems. I seem to remember there being a bit of fuss at the time about Pirate Defense and Hands of War, but those issues may have since been fixed.

Flag Post

I can confirm Heroes of Gaia. It didn’t submit a single stat.

Flag Post

call of gods is still good, the badges are still very possible to get and the stats submit just fine from what i can see, both myself and my wife have all the badges up to the hard one and i have watched the current progress grow on that,

Flag Post

N3wton I believe it’s called, is down and has been that way for several months (it has badges). Doodle Devil is also partially down as the loading never finishes and one has to right click and hit forward to play the game (disables badges from being earned). There is a bug in Civiballs (I don’t know why it happened and I don’t know if it’s only me) but when I loaded up the game, I was instantly awarded the medium badge. I had gotten the easy badge a couple of years ago and on a different computer, without even playing the game once on this computer and the badge was awarded without any levels completed whatsoever. There are an endless amount of games with terrible API and for glitches, I’m just going to leave this here

Flag Post
Originally posted by lberger:

N3wton I believe it’s called, is down and has been that way for several months (it has badges). Doodle Devil is also partially down as the loading never finishes and one has to right click and hit forward to play the game (disables badges from being earned). There are an endless amount of games with terrible API and for glitches, I’m just going to leave this here

Wow, that’s a nice list you got there… However ethical values are questioned for this as it tells how to beat a game without playing with original rules (rude abbreviation: Cheating)

EDIT: N3wton runs perfectly smoothly on me

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:
Originally posted by lberger:

N3wton I believe it’s called, is down and has been that way for several months (it has badges). Doodle Devil is also partially down as the loading never finishes and one has to right click and hit forward to play the game (disables badges from being earned). There are an endless amount of games with terrible API and for glitches, I’m just going to leave this here

Wow, that’s a nice list you got there… However ethical values are questioned for this as it tells how to beat a game without playing with original rules (rude abbreviation: Cheating)

EDIT: N3wton runs perfectly smoothly on me

Shoot, I meant Sola Rola: The Gravity Maze (badged). How did I even mess those up with each other… I guess some people call it cheating, others call it finding faults which the dev hasn’t bothered to fix. The people I consider “cheaters” are those using third party programs to manipulate game files or the game itself. I guess there are arguments both for and against on that one.

Flag Post

just a little bump here, any progress to speak of?

Flag Post

Sola Rola and DTD 1.5 are still down, any chance of an update? have these games devs responded?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sorkeriar:

The first stage of Chapter 4 of Zening is the only one that requires a human player, otherwise AIs are used. Though I remember seeing someone mention there’s a very specific, non-intuitive way to do that one level with the AI anyway.

I’m a little late to this conversation. Zening can be done entirely single player. As you say, there is a very specific way to do one of the levels. You have to lead off with a certain seemingly poor move, which, for some reason, causes the computer opponent to make an even worse move. At the time I got the badge, there were a few youtube videos showing how it should be done.

In 4 years here, the only badge I’ve ever had to submit a screenshot on was the Mardek 3 impossible. It’s kind of bizarre, with all the crummy game designers around, that my only problem came from a good one.

Flag Post

As far as having to submit screenshots goes, some games will need this if you have started the game, accidentally deleted your original .sol file (say by using ccleaner) and then finished a game in a new file. This seems to be intended to stop you getting badges with a downloaded .sol file.
I know at least one each in the Epic War and Protector series do this.

Flag Post

Partial fix to the Desktop TD 1.5 problem. Game will not submit stats as it’s the ArmorGames version but, you will be able to play it in Kongregate and send a screenshot to get your badges.

Flag Post
Originally posted by resterman:

Partial fix to the Desktop TD 1.5 problem. Game will not submit stats as it’s the ArmorGames version but, you will be able to play it in Kongregate and send a screenshot to get your badges.

That is just super awesome!

Flag Post

Haha thanks, I hope it helps everyone who wants to get those badges.

Flag Post

@resterman
Your script is added to OP. Can you do the same for sola rola?

Also, updating OP tomorrow