Forums Kongregate

The Quirky Capricious Kongregate Competition - Qualifier (locked)

125 posts

Flag Post

The Quirky Capricious Kongregate Competition Rules and Guidelines

Host: Fricknmaniac
Co-Host: Ukos

Welcome to the first (and last) annual Quirky Capricious Kongregate Competition (the 23rd tournament on Kongregate).

Your first task, you must prove that you are capable of the impossible. You are a veteran on Kongregate and you have faced many challenges so far. To show that you are worthy of entering this tournament, you must prove that you have already achieved the impossible by:

Earning an impossible badge

You must submit a valid screenshot proving that you have earned on of the badges on the following list: Acceptable Badges

Any of the impossible badges are valid, but there are a few hard badges which are difficult enough that were deemed worthy of the impossible (Sorry, the Ninja Typing Hunter medium and Ouroboros easy badge are not on the list.)

Valid Screenshots include:

The achievements tab right after earning one of the badges: Example

The achievements tab of a valid badge you have earned in the past: Example

Invalid Screenshots include (but are not limited to):

Showing the list of current achievements below the game screen.

The achievements tab of a badge not on the list of acceptable badges.

Timeframe:
You will have approximately seven (7) days to submit a valid screenshot if you wish to join the tournament. I say approximately because I may extend or cut short the qualifier period depending on the number of entrants we end up with.

Please read the rules in their entirety, by joining the tournament you agree to abide by the rules and implicitly state that you have read them.

Rules:

1.) Everyone is welcome to join, regardless of whether or not you’ve been disqualified from tournaments in the past. However, be warned, extra scrutiny will be placed on you if you’ve been DQ’d in the past, and you will be disqualified again for something as simple as trolling in the tournament thread.

2.) One account per person, anyone found to have additional accounts will have all of their accounts disqualified

3.) No cheating. Seriously, this is just common courtesy. When you cheat, you remove someone legitimate from the tournament, and if you win, what does it prove other than you can cheat. If you suspect someone else of cheating, send a PM to the host (Fricknmaniac) or co-host (Ukos) with as many details as you can provide. Likewise if you find a glitch in a game, don’t post it in the thread, just send the PM.

4.) For every round, a valid screenshot is required for a score to be submitted. The following things must be visible in every screenshot:

- A green or yellow plug.

- A matching username.

- The high score tab in the today section, with both your score and the today tab visible. (Except the qualifier, which is the achievement tab

- The equivalent score (if applicable) visible in the game window. (Again, different rules apply for the qualifier.)

Here is the spreadsheet that will be used for the tournament.

Flag Post

OMGOMGOMG

Woo! Screeny comin’ soon!

Flag Post

Guess I’ll get us started then. Here’s my most recent impossible badge—from last night, actually.

Flag Post

Okewl.
I’ll do this later.

Flag Post

At first I was like, “You mean I have to earn an impossible badge within the next 7 days?!” and then I was like, “Oh, you can submit one you’ve already earned.” Anyway, I had 9 to pick from (as well as 4 on the hard list), so here’s one:

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Here’s my submission:

Flag Post

Flag Post

Why not:

Flag Post

Just because it’s one of the best games on Kong :D

Flag Post

Yay! Just to be different:

Flag Post

Really don’t think i will come anywhere near to winning this but where’s the harm in entering….Also should the pizza addict hard badge be included as there is a very easy way to earn that badge instantly

Flag Post

Your list of acceptable hards seems a little odd. I’m surprised at the lack of The Soul Driver, Top Defense, Knightfall 2, and Snailiad. I’m also surprised at Pizza Addict and the Sacred Seasons 1 hards being on there.

Flag Post

It was mostly arbitrary based on personal experience. The Soul Driver badge was really hard for me… until I realized that unlocking more achievements gave me more cash to spend, then it went down really easily. So I didn’t add that badge on that more because I feel it’s less that the badge is hard and more that people don’t understand how to make the badge easier (even though that comment got added to the text on the badge). Knightfall 2 is just about grinding until you get to a certain level, because after a certain point in the levels, your hit points start skyrocketing, making it really easy to earn the badge. Top Defense and Snailiad, I’ll admit I was on the fence about, but decided to go against them.

Pizza addict I put on there because I had the other hard badge, but the more I think about it, I’m going to remove the first one. And Sacred Seasons, I figure if anyone can stand that game long enough to get those badges, they deserve to join the tournament.

Flag Post

I chose my least earned imp… which is surprisingly the UA3 one. w/e

Flag Post

Well, might as well join this one, I have a fairly easy semester, so I can focus on this a little more than previous competitions:

http://i.imgur.com/Cxxod.png (made into link because it’s the wrong image).

Hopefully this is acceptable, it was taken earlier this week when I felt like playing the game again. If not, just tell me.

EDIT (because I goofed):

Here’s an image with the achievements tab open instead:

Sorry for the inconvenience, I’ll read through the instructions next time.

Flag Post

Aww man, ask greg to halt badge conveyor line just for this tournament so I (and msny more) could join in :p

Also, I found MLP from the banner :O
And one more thing: Y U no SCGMD 3 or 4 hard badges?

Flag Post

Oh cool new contest. Will post screenshot when my computer with save files comes back from having upgraded software installed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:
And one more thing: Y U no SCGMD 3 or 4 hard badges?

I considered it, but decided that while those badges are out of my reach, they seem pathetically easy for some other people.

Flag Post

I think I’ll join this…

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Yay Z-Rox!