Forums Kongregate

New Kongregate Version: Game Page Changes and Bug Fixes

37 posts

Flag Post

We’ve made some minor (but really useful) changes to tags on both the game pages and the category pages, but first – developers. Developers, to help you with bug reports we will now add the user’s username to the subject line so your bug reports won’t be in the same thread. Confirmed collaborators can now make free in-game purchases just like you. This will hopefully make things easier for everyone you’re working with.

Now, users! First we’ve changed the way tags show up on game pages. Tags will only show up after a certain number of votes have been made for that particular tag, which should help towards making sure games are tagged correctly. We’ve also fixed the issue that some of you were having in the Collabs where users couldn’t upload art/sound Collabs. Another fix we made was to make sure links to games with quotes show up correctly in chat.

You can read about those below or in our change logs here.

Flag Post

Developers:

• Contact form for developer site now goes to the correct support form
  • Confirmed collaborators can make free in game purchases
  • Add usernames to the subject line in bug reports
  • Remove full screen restrictions for Unity games

Users:

• Show two lines of tags for Beta Games module on the homepage
  • Fix profile pane link alignment issues
  • BotD image on /badges page is clickable
  • Improve game purchase experience for IE9 users
  • Shorten titles on homepage modules to two lines
  • Fix upload link to arts/sounds collaboration page
  • Added an extra spotlight unit to the game pages
  • Fix a bug with linking games in chat with quotes
  • Fix guest links for Beta games
  • Remove under judgement games from category/tags pages
  • Tags only show up on game pages after a certain number of upvotes fo the tags

Flag Post

Nice developer bug fixes/features :^)

Flag Post

No K+ skins? D:

Flag Post

Remove under judgement games from category/tags pages

I don’t suppose there’s any chance we can get get an explanation on the thinking behind this decision, can we?

Flag Post

Thanks for the bugfix on the artwork and sound upload link! :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by haPpyAlcoholic:

Remove under judgement games from category/tags pages

I don’t suppose there’s any chance we can get get an explanation on the thinking behind this decision, can we?

Because an under-judgement game often has a vastly inflated rating, and will show up at the top of a big category page ahead of other, better, games. Because these pages are cached for an hour it will stay there for a bit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jazzaboy:

No K+ skins? D:

These are coming Real Soon Now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jimgreer:

No K+ skins? D:

I hope so! :D

Flag Post

Because an under-judgement game often has a vastly inflated rating, and will show up at the top of a big category page ahead of other, better, games. Because these pages are cached for an hour it will stay there for a bit.

Ah, I see.
That sounds fair enough.
It just seemed to me, though, that an under judgement game no longer showing up on those pages will reduce the plays it’ll get further, meaning there’s more chance it may not even get out of that under judgement status.

Flag Post

Awesome updates :)

Flag Post

Awesome, and my game rate from 2.4 go down to under judgement :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by Riddlemaster:

No K+ skins? D:

Me too!

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:
Originally posted by Riddlemaster:

No K+ skins? D:

Me too!

:D Same here!

Flag Post

I need the K+ skins.
Looking forward to them. ;)

Flag Post

Ah, this was a very useful update indeed. I’m glad that the tags will be a lot more sorted out though, because I’ve been seeing a lot of sorting problems with games because of them.

Flag Post

No K+ skins? D:

I can’t wait, I shall be looking forward to this and having fun of which to pick. :D

Flag Post

Removing the under judgement games from tagged categories is a bad idea. Sure, the games can appear unfairly high on the list momentarily, but as soon as they get a single 1-star rating, down they go. As a developer I can confirm that having a game appear in the 5-star spot for a few minutes didn’t give me any unfair advantage, as I have games that have appeared at the top and then dropped like a rock down to 2-3 stars. Now games are just going to go unnoticed and stay in “under judgement” purgatory for a lot longer, and not enter the categories until they’re old news.

Flag Post

Kinda what I was thinking, Xyroclast.
Having them in the spotlight even just for a while ensures it’ll get more plays, and then a much fairer rating.

Flag Post
Originally posted by haPpyAlcoholic:

Kinda what I was thinking, Xyroclast.
Having them in the spotlight even just for a while ensures it’ll get more plays, and then a much fairer rating.

Exactly. A bad game will get a bad rating, no matter where it pops up. The people will have their say and balance will return.
The new change just suffocates all new games, and people are going to have to resort to a lot of off-site promotion if they’re hoping to see much attention (maybe kong was hoping for that?)

Flag Post

I hope you’ll give us back the link to newest games from the homepage on the next update. As mentioned above, removing the UJ games from tags and categories will just make it longer before they get their real rating. A lot of games already stay Under Judgement for too long, which wasn’t a problem when you used to link to those games through the homepage.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vegard20:

I hope you’ll give us back the link to newest games from the homepage on the next update. As mentioned above, removing the UJ games from tags and categories will just make it longer before they get their real rating. A lot of games already stay Under Judgement for too long, which wasn’t a problem when you used to link to those games through the homepage.

Agreed. Only a very small percentage of people browse the New Games, and with under judgement games not appearing in categories, New Games is now the only place to find them at first.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vegard20:

Flag Post

bu… WHY DO GAMES ONLY SHOW THE BEST 3 TAGS NOW? D:< I HAVE A +70 TAG!

Flag Post

can you make rewards and special features to buy with points