Forums Kongregate

kreds after lvl up?

16 posts

Flag Post

just think that lvlin up has nothing speecial. make the players a reason to play more gammes. give each advancement like 10kreds

Flag Post

Some threads state that you can get to level 65 in a year, mostly by spam rating.
Offering 650 free kreds to spam raters is just a bad idea.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis93:

Some threads state that you can get to level 65 in a year, mostly by spam rating.
Offering 650 free kreds to spam raters is just a bad idea.

At the time of typign this, there are exactly 7246846 accounts. Imagine all of them reaching level 65. That’s a total of 471,044,990 USD. Now remember there are constantly new accounts being made and leveled up.

Flag Post

If you look around here, you might see why this is a bad idea. http://www.socialstudiesforkids.com/subjects/economics.htm

Flag Post

Well they could give out 50 kreds every 20 levels. At lvl 20, 40, and 60. 65 gets you 100 Kreds maybe.
I’m pretty sure people aren’t gonna stop having a life to earn 50 kreds by making multiple accounts, rating and getting achievements until they reach level 20 .

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadow_Craver:

Well they could give out 50 kreds every 20 levels. At lvl 20, 40, and 60. 65 gets you 100 Kreds maybe.
I’m pretty sure people aren’t gonna stop having a life to earn 50 kreds by making multiple accounts, rating and getting achievements until they reach level 20 .

You rate people far more highly than they generally deserve.

Flag Post

You shouldn’t get any kreds for leveling up.

Flag Post

Levelling up in kongregate is incredibly easy, and there are about 7 million accounts in kongregate. Kongregate and developers kongregate sponsors would loose tons of money because of this as very few people would buy these kreds anymore. In some games, where kreds are used, you can make special currency transfers either legally or illegally. This would practically grant you infite amounts of kreds if you have lots of complete .sol files for flash games with achievements in it

Then there’s tipping a possibilty to tip a game. If you make a game that is eligible to receive donations, you could get yourself infinite amounts of money by just creating alt accounts and levelling them up with your .sol files. That’s highly fraudulent and potentially dangerous to IRL economics as it gives you easy way to counterfeit money

And then there’s inflation effect: If every kong users would get free kreds so easily, developers would be forced to jack up priced to keep game they made profitable for them. In the other words, financial value of kreds would decrease

This is like asking to print vast quantities of more money over the boundaries, just like with counterfeting
@OP I hope you now understand how this idea would not work

Flag Post

1 for reaching level 66. that is it. (Level 65 is max level)

Flag Post

So maybe free Kreds for are not a great idea, but some kind of revamped reward system or level up promotion would be great. I find myself with no blood pumping reason to start leveling regularly. Give me an exciting reason to earn the achievement for that new game and I will probably spend more time playing games I may not have considered.

Flag Post

I think Kreds for each level is a great idea. Maybe not 10 but 5? You say there are 7246846 people on Kong, but how many actually reach 65? I bet half of them might have quit before they reached 30. Maybe Kong could take away free Kreds when people don’t log on for more than 3 months?

Flag Post

The very reason you suggest kreds for levelling is the very reason we shouldn’t do it.

Flag Post

Shouldn’t be kreds given out for that, maybe like 10 upon reaching the max level but that’s it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ayumi_stocking:

Shouldn’t be kreds given out for that, maybe like 10 upon reaching the max level but that’s it.

Doesn’t really prompt me to reach maximum level cap but a small bonus for over 3 years of loyalty and commitment wouldn’t be too bad, even when the reward is astronomically tiny for a single user

And there isn’t that much badges yet which you could use to reach maximum level cap

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

And there isn’t that much badges yet which you could use to reach maximum level cap

Currently the total points from badges in 32770 (according to Badge Master, not including Quest points) and the level cap is 36560. The remaining points are like 80 days of rating games or roughly a year of badge of the days.

Flag Post

@thok
Keep in mind some badges are only awarded retroactively (pel for example) so they cannot be earned through .sol files

Percentage of these badges is tiny but still worth to mention