Forums Kongregate

Chat Vulgarity

42 posts

Flag Post

I was on at 7:00 EST on Oct 1, 2007 and th1111 and dr5412 were openly insulting and talking about “personal” things that were quite inappropriate. I went to intervene but they turned on me. Unfortuantly I was going to copy the text from the chat but I lost connection and when it found it again the previous converstaion was gone. I think something needs to be done because they were quite disruptive and showed no class at all. surprisingly I am the same age as th1111 but seem to know when to talk and when to shut up.

Hope this helps

Flag Post

After reading the logs, I agree that it was quite inappropriate, and the account has been suspended for 24 hours. In the future, however, please use our feedback form to report this kind of behavior. Thanks!

Flag Post

will do thanks greg

Flag Post

People actually complain about what people say on the internet? I guess the internet is really serious business.

Flag Post

i was never here for the “good ol’ days” but i wish people were like that now… i guess it’s just gonna get worse.

Flag Post

Kongregate was bestester back then. None of this vulgarity nonsense. I was deemmed “most immature user”. Imagine that.

Flag Post

Kongregate was bestester back then. None of this vulgarity nonsense. I was deemmed “most immature user”. Imagine that.

was it not true? :P

Flag Post

Belie it or not their are rules lol I can take some smack but this was unbelevable. anyone that posted on the chat was verbally assulted for about a half an hour. It sucks that it has come to that.

Flag Post

Welcome to the intarwebs.

Flag Post

Kongregate has some setbacks during betas. And we’re celebrating our 2,000++ ban :D

Flag Post

We shouldn’t be celebrating.

Agreed. Bans are not something to celebrate. We want users to come to the site, and we are saddened when we have to send them away; for whatever reasons.

Flag Post

very true. I have been on other sites that use the chat ban and it really works. To bad I dont know how they set it up

Flag Post

i agree there is way to much vulgarity in the chat rooms and that it should be cut down but i have no ideas of how we could to that except to add a thing that looks for key words and instantly bans that user ( or gives warning or whatever) but i have no idea if thats even possible. so untill then i guess all the mods/admin/staff can do is ban the people.

Flag Post

how can we control what people say in chat?

i dont think we can, plus there is a mute button so u can just mute the person too.

Flag Post

it would help if there was a mod around durring my time of day/night. The only one I have seen is Emily but she is always elsewhere. The two that even started this said " who is going to stop us there are no mods here." That might be the reason they are so openly crude. Just to prove they can and not get caught. Its like highschool when you get old enough for your licence. You drive fast just to prove you can and get away with it. It is that teenage rebelious attitude.

Flag Post

Want a mod? Go to the Van and ask them to come. Two or three are always there.

Flag Post

what time zone are you in???

Flag Post

EST

>Go to the Van and ask them to come. Two or three are always there.

Oh thats where they are hiding lol I just counted 7 mods.

Flag Post

I wanna ask something. Can a mod back me up at my room? Most of them are at the Van and the Lair.

Flag Post

I can help you out if you need it…. I will offer to do my part. I consider myself in this whole thing as anyone else.

Flag Post

Yeah….. This has been becoming a major turn-off for me. I mean sure, there’s some give and take, and you can’t flip out over every vulger thing, but it’s just going to keep getting worse unless someone puts the smack down on them.

I’m going to make a post in the Ideas & Suggestions topic, and for good measure submit a Suggestion via the feedback form (though I’ve never trusted feedback forms) with some possible ways to fight this.

Flag Post

Seven mods in The Van? That’s a bit excessive. Banding together and forming cliques in certain rooms is good and great for regular users, but mods really need to spread out more.

Flag Post

Mods are regular users too. As long as we’re not paying them, I don’t feel right asking them to separate from their friends. The emphasis should really be on appointing moderators who naturally frequent different rooms. I think this will be helped tremendously when room owners are allowed to appoint room-specific moderators. I’m looking forward to this feature quite a bit.

Flag Post

Since there are no Mods who call DM1 home, I would like to nominate DazB. He’s a great guy.

Flag Post

I think looking for keywords would kind of kill some of the spontaneous bits of chat. I’m all for giving the heave-ho to excessive use, or constant use for just blazing someone. I would vote for a more human element that could tell the difference between little jokes or innuendo from the practical abuse.

In the short time I have been here I noticed two instances of mods being summoned for something similar to what AmERicAnMAn experienced and the problem was dealt with rather swiftly. From what I read from greg, I would anticipate even quicker response times in the future.