Forums Kongregate

Chat Vulgarity page 2

42 posts

Flag Post

I know this falls outside your “80/20” scope of interest, but could you include the non-english-speaking rooms in whatever mechanisms you implement to cut down on vulgar chat? There was a thread about this earlier – the spanish room is filled with profanities and vulgar chat, even from users as young as 12 who seem to have a truck driver’s education (sry to offend truck drivers). Problem is made worse because usage of certain spanish words, which would naturally be considered vulgar or offensive in most countries, seem to be acceptable by the mods (may be that their countries are more open to that, or may be a personal choice of language).

Flag Post

hears Jugon rocket lawn chair (rocket launcher lol)

sees mod/staff army with 100 assorted ban-weapons

sees Jugon army with 100 assorted I-hate-Jugon weapons

watches Jugon commit suicide

watches mod/staff army sit and watch from a distance with bansniper rifles just in case

is in between the Jugon mods and the rest of the mods

undefined

Sorry, just had to do that. Anyway, I think that to stop the Jugon wars, maybe Jugon should be more heavily modded. I don’t mean banning people faster, but just having more people there to help. It seems that even the people that frequent Jugon hate Jugon. I say move to a different chatroom or just quit hating! I hope this isn’t flame bait.

Flag Post

I would like to nominate DazB. He’s a great guy.

DazB? I always thought he was one of the more vulgar ones.

Flag Post

Since there are no Mods who call DM1 home, I would like to nominate DazB. He’s a great guy.

Oh ya, definitely mod material: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/2043?page=4#posts-37776

Flag Post

was the sarcasm necessary? :S

Flag Post

I believe I’m entitled to use sarcasm when I so desire.

Flag Post

Haha nice one arcane yea he did kind of disbehave.And yes sarcasm makes the world go round.Oh and for Americanman`s post in the first page it all depends on time zones.

Flag Post

Haha, cheers smigbob. So I’m “vulgar”, interesting… Nice to see that CovertJaguar can judge me when he/she has never spoken to me. Thanks!

Flag Post

Haha nice one arcane yea he did kind of disbehave.

So did you :/

(my pointing that thread out wasn’t meant as a jab so saying ‘nice one’ isn’t really fitting)

Flag Post

I didnt misbehave in that thread.Maybe others but..

Flag Post

Actually you picked on and insulted DazB, which led to his flaming you. Your comments towards him are what started the argument.

Flag Post

Nicely said arcaneCoder, it’s nice to have someone who speaks the truth.

Flag Post

People like DaZB and imp2 were what I had in mind when I wrote this section of the FAQ regarding moderator appointments:

…don’t take offense if you happen to be a pretty cool person who’s been deemed a little too rough around the edges to represent Kongregate as a moderator. Just because you’ve been passed over to do our work for free doesn’t mean we don’t still love you.

Flag Post

I help run a non-profit organization (www.skatersforpublicskateparks.org) and we have a lot of stuff to deal with other there. For example, being a non-profit activist network, we’re careful to protect our neutral view on skatepark designers and builders. We’re funded primarily by skateboard manufacturers and pro riders that believe in our mission whom all have company allegiances, etc. However, being skateboarders, most of our contributors are unabashed about conveying their ideas. At the end of the day it’s the reasonable and articulate people who LISTEN when they’re communicating that prevail.

My point is that a great moderator is going to become focus the nature of the content rather than the words being used in the conversation. (To be a moderator for a gaming site like this, being a glutton for punishment is probably also a good trait.)

Flag Post

Nicely said arcaneCoder, it’s nice to have someone who speaks the truth.

Eh, I just call it like I see it

Flag Post

arcaneCoder, not many people call it like they see it. It’s good to see people who have their own opinion on matters and don’t conform to the majority. greg, thanks for that lol. Shame my “DazB for MOD!” campaign never worked out… but I understand why it didn’t so I can’t complain about it lol.

Flag Post

Haha Daz, that was such a good campaign, we all tried for ya. lol