Forums Kongregate

Backyard Monsters badge. page 2

41 posts

Flag Post

I tried to get it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EndlessSporadic: I would focus on my primary platform and ensure the bug fixes work there before distributing potentially worse bugs elsewhere. That is why PC, Xbox, and PS3 bug patches don’t get released at the same time.

that’s actually because PS3 and Xbox360 patches have to be certified by Sony and MS respectively, and MS also doesn’t generally allow content updates that don’t cost money, whereas PC patches don’t go through that sort of process :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by haleyyyy:

What about having the hard badge requirements changed? People who already have the badge can keep it however some players maybe want to continue playing backyard monsters(gasp) and still get the badge. At the moment the hard badge seems to be encouraging people to run into this glitch even if they want to play.

The whole description says upgrade at your own risk while the hard badge requires you to upgrade.. don’t you see the problem with that kongregate?

That doesn’t really resolve anything, since anyone who is playing just for the hard badge would still earn the badge. The problem is for people who want to play beyond getting the hard badge.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:
Originally posted by haleyyyy:

What about having the hard badge requirements changed? People who already have the badge can keep it however some players maybe want to continue playing backyard monsters(gasp) and still get the badge. At the moment the hard badge seems to be encouraging people to run into this glitch even if they want to play.

The whole description says upgrade at your own risk while the hard badge requires you to upgrade.. don’t you see the problem with that kongregate?

That doesn’t really resolve anything, since anyone who is playing just for the hard badge would still earn the badge. The problem is for people who want to play beyond getting the hard badge.

Someone can continue playing but still want to get the badge. At least this way kongregate won’t force you to risk yourself running into that glitch.

Flag Post

But if they’re going to keep playing beyond the hard badge, it doesn’t matter where the hard badge is. All that should matter is that the hard badge still is given if the glitch is encountered.

Flag Post

But if they’re going to keep playing beyond the hard badge, it doesn’t matter where the hard badge is. All that should matter is that the hard badge still is given if the glitch is encountered.

I’ve been waiting many months for this to be fixed.. but now want the hard badge for example. I feel forced to upgrade and maybe run into this glitch although I may want to continue playing(casually and such). I still want the badge though..

Just makes sense not to have the requirement of the badge directly lead to a gamebreaking glitch that ruins all your progress.

Flag Post

The thing is that as it is right now, getting the badge could result in your data being lost, and that can be avoided by simly changing the badge requirements to something not related to the error, like upgrading your town hall or unlocking a monster or whatever.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis93:

The thing is that as it is right now, getting the badge could result in your data being lost, and that can be avoided by simly changing the badge requirements to something not related to the error, like upgrading your town hall or unlocking a monster or whatever.

And I realize that I’m bumping a dead thread but I believe that NOW is the time to change that requirement. The game will be taken down on the 18th. For those of us who are just now starting because we realize we can’t hold it off a second longer may still not be able to upgrade the map room in time, even with constant playing.

This will become a game with the badges being “broken” but unlike most of those other games, Kong KNOWS it will happen. Change the requirements, maybe even just requiring us to get Town Hall 6. The real killer is the four days that it takes to upgrade the map room which means that from start to finish, assuming you start the game right now, we have about 18-19 days to upgrade it; a task that normally takes users well over a month, and from what I read often a couple months. I’m just worried that I am going to invest constant time into this game and STILL not be able to make the deadline.

Flag Post

I’ll talk this over with Greg and others, but I wouldn’t count on it happening. I know the whole situation sucks (both for badge-seekers but especially for people who actually play BYM), but it might not be really fair to people who spent the month+ to earn the badge originally to have people be able to come in and earn it in half the time because the game is coming down and it might cheapen the award for them. It’s definitely a valid concern, but I’m not sure that we’ll actually change the requirement.

Flag Post

Speaking as one who has the BYM hard badge: the time it takes the upgraded map-room to be built adds nothing to the badge. It made sense as “leading users to the rest of the game, with the world map”, but since the game’s going off site now that’s pretty immaterial.

Town Hall 6, and if trackable the initial resources necessary to begin map-room 2, is perfectly sufficient, and requires the exact same amount of interaction from a player.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bilious:

Speaking as one who has the BYM hard badge: the time it takes the upgraded map-room to be built adds nothing to the badge. It made sense as “leading users to the rest of the game, with the world map”, but since the game’s going off site now that’s pretty immaterial.

Town Hall 6, and if trackable the initial resources necessary to begin map-room 2, is perfectly sufficient, and requires the exact same amount of interaction from a player.

that’s what Im saying. If you guys [meaning rawis and greg] change it to getting Town Hall to 6, it takes just as much effort but it does not require you to wait those four extra days.

Flag Post

Id like to bump this rather worried I wont be able to get this badge hate to have a badge i can never get.

Flag Post

I suppose this should be a lesson to everyone to get these multiplayer badges sooner rather than later… Ever since Caesery went away, I’ve been on a quest to get the MMO badges.

Quick edit: And I do hope they don’t change the requirements on BYM. Some of us waited for that thing to build. I’d hate to change the badge requirements just because a game is leaving. (Yes, I’ve read other people explaining building Town Hall 6 is basically the same as Map Room.)

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure that if you provide a screenshot of it in progress that you’ll still be awarded the badge. I’m not 100% sure of that, though.

I don’t understand the anxiety, though. It can’t be the points, since that’s less then 1 days worth of ratings. I suppose it’s to have a badge that no one can ever get again… but it’s BYM so I don’t see the bragging point. :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

I’m pretty sure that if you provide a screenshot of it in progress that you’ll still be awarded the badge. I’m not 100% sure of that, though.

I’m fairly certain that for Caesary, if you provided evidence that you were within reasonable reach of the badges, they’d award the points to you, so something similar probably will happen here.

Originally posted by adv0catus:

I don’t understand the anxiety, though. It can’t be the points, since that’s less then 1 days worth of ratings. I suppose it’s to have a badge that no one can ever get again… but it’s BYM so I don’t see the bragging point. :P

Points can be a powerful thing, especially if you’ve spent days upon days on a game, thinking you’ll get the points, only to not be able to. And bragging rights aren’t likely, since the badges will be non-existent when this happens.

Flag Post

Not true. The badge will still be on our profiles. That is why I am going for it, and I should have it in two days or so. It will be a relic, and even though it is for BYM it will feel special to me because it’s something that I managed to get that future Kong members won’t. I don’t know if that sounds bad…

It’s similar to those with K+ who have the charter member ribbon. It’s something that some people have that no matter what, I can never get. It’s on a smaller scale but it’s similar. As far as it only being 1 day of ratings, I truly hope that most people don’t spam the rating system to get points. Badge points mean so much more than rating points imo. It’s why I think there should be a badge ranking level, but I digress.

Back when I bumped this thread, I was scared that I would not be able to get the badge in time but now I know that it is within my grasp, and if I were to provide a screenshot now, I’d probably get it. So if you started playing right when they announced they were ending it, it is very possible to get the badge. If you decide to start right now… Well you’re going to need to settle with the medium badge.