Forums Kongregate

The Quirky Capricious Kongregate Competition Finals: Cirpacha and MaistlinRajere Champions! page 2

62 posts

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:

Frick, what’s the tiebreaker in the event of a 3-3-0 / 2-2-2 / 0-0-3 outcome?

Or 3-2-0 / 0-3-2 / 2-0-3?

Flag Post

Yeah… I’m really hoping it won’t come down to a tie… so someone finish first in at least two games!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

Yeah… I’m really hoping it won’t come down to a tie… so someone finish first in at least two games!

I’ll try! It’s not looking good, though. I’m not very good at 25 Boxes, and I really really doubt I can improve in Jetpack Jerome. So I’ll just have to hope that nobody beats it.

Flag Post

Wish I was still in this. :P

Flag Post

Well Maist, you’ve got me completely beat at Black ‘n’ Orange…

Flag Post

Just so I don’t forget to upload something.

Flag Post

So, this is the final showdown? Well, I root for nobody (hides flags with “GO BadgeHuntersAnon!!!” written on them), so good luck to everyone. :)

Flag Post

Cirpacha still has yet to post a score for all 3 games, something tells me he might ninja. :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by videogames518:

Cirpacha still has yet to post a score for all 3 games, something tells me he might ninja. :P

Hmm, he has barely even touched the 3 games I think; I’m going to have to keep a close eye on this in the coming hours.

Flag Post

Knowing Cirp he has been playing Black ‘n’ Orange disconnected, since it’s easy enough to just reconnect to chat and then complete a level to submit your score (that’s how I hid my score until the last minute when I won a tournament). He has 25 Boxes at the end screen with an unsubmitted score and has Jetpack Jerome paused with a high score (I think you could pause Jetpack Jerome, I forget, though).

Flag Post

Looks like I have a lot to learn about tourneys :S

Flag Post

I wanted to try and find games for the finals where you couldn’t do something like that, namely games that you couldn’t pause and automatically submitted scores once you finished, but it became just too difficult of a task to try and find good games for the finals that met all the criteria that I wanted.

Flag Post

Knowing Cirp he has been playing Black ‘n’ Orange disconnected

Omg yes. <3

Flag Post

Knowing Cirp he has been playing Black ‘n’ Orange disconnected, since it’s easy enough to just reconnect to chat and then complete a level to submit your score (that’s how I hid my score until the last minute when I won a tournament). He has 25 Boxes at the end screen with an unsubmitted score and has Jetpack Jerome paused with a high score (I think you could pause Jetpack Jerome, I forget, though).

in general, id say its a good idea in the finals to try to submit your score near the end if for no other reason than submitting a high score motivates people. in a competition you ALWAYS want to go second so that you know what you have to beat. knowledge is power.

if im capable of scoring 3mil, then everyone will try to score 3mil+1. if one of the competitors gets 2mil and is proud of their score and is on top, they might not try to improve it. thats a strategy.

this strategy isnt without a big flaw though. if someone does it against you then your screwed with no chance to recover. you might be waiting to submit a score of 3mil, but im waiting to submit a score of 4 mil. you might be fully capable of beating 4 mil if you knew thats what was needed to win, but now you dont have time.

Flag Post

The above is why I’m never satisfied with a score. If I would be in that situation and post a score of 3 million, it would be because I felt that I literally could not do better. If I got 3 million, but felt I could get 4 million, I wouldn’t stop playing until I got the 4 million score.

Always assume that your score’s not good enough—that’s my motto if I’m competing head-to-head like this.

Flag Post

And that’s exactly why I wanted to try and find games where you couldn’t hide your score. Yes, hiding your score does become a bit of a crapshoot, but as you mentioned, it doesn’t inspire competition as much as it would if the games didn’t pause and submitted the score immediately at the end of a run. Then, even if the scores aren’t posted in the thread, at least everyone knows where everyone else stands through the API.

Flag Post

there is a solution to it, but im not sure how popular it would be.

if someone submits a score in the last 1 hour of a round that would make them just survive the elimination zone, the person who was just bubbled(and only them, everyone else is finished for the round) gets an additional 1 hour to improve and if they improve then they win. that would discourage last minute sending.

just an idea i had like 2 seconds before posting.

Flag Post

Meh, I wish this would have lasted one more day. Well, time to reveal me scores
EDIT:// scores

and no, I don’t have a score for 25 boxes as I had no time to play it, so I’ll see how this turns out

Flag Post

ugh, I’m so gonna fail physics today

Flag Post

Last minute update just for fun, won’t move me anywhere T.T

Flag Post

With 1 minute left, I got this.
http://puu.sh/n0X1 Wrong tab

Flag Post

Well, congratulations to Cirpacha!
EDIT: And Maistlin!
Yay for ties!

Flag Post