Forums Kongregate

Why we must earn all the badges of a whole game just in 1 PC? Why?

10 posts

Flag Post

Hey you!
Yes you.
I’ll tell it like this:
You’re playing a game in a computer.
And in the game are 3 badges.
You win one badge, but you want to win the rest in another pc.
So you play the same game on another pc, and you do what the badges ask.
But you don’t earn the badges.
So you have to play at the first PC that you played the game.
You do what the badges ask and you won them.
I’m just asking. Why we have to play and win all the badges just in one PC?
Do you think that’s annoying

Flag Post

Sign: TheMir
Please respond!
I find that very very very very annoying!

Flag Post

You don’t. That’s why.

2 Minutes is not long at all, I’m willing to wait up to 60 minutes for a response.

v I’m pretty sure you mis-understood what (s)he said…

Flag Post

Because the amount of memory to save all the games on servers would be too much. You can always transfer files yourself though.

Flag Post

And this is why I keep a backup of all my .sol files on desktop. So I can easily find them and transfer them to a flash drive to move to my laptop (or vice versa). Or even to refresh a save on a game if I want to go back to a certain point.

And calvin, uuu2 didn’t misunderstand what the OP was saying, he was just responding to what the OP was inferring.

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure what (s)he means is, you get a badge. Then you play on another CPU, you get a different badge on the same game. But it doesn’t award. Then again, see my 1st post here first.

Flag Post

I presume he’s referring to a cumulative type badge (get three upgrades) where he earns 2 upgrades on one computer, then goes on a second computer and earns a third upgrade, and wonders why he doesn’t earn the badge.

Either that’s the problem or there is something directly wrong with his second computer that prevents him from earning badges there.

Flag Post

Ah rereading a few times I think I did read it wrong.

So yeah it shouldn’t do that, are you logged in on the other computer?

Edit: or above could be true too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by calvindang:

I’m pretty sure what (s)he means is, you get a badge. Then you play on another CPU, you get a different badge on the same game. But it doesn’t award. Then again, see my 1st post here first.

No. The OP was talking about .sol files. As an AIer, you should know this.

Flag Post

What uuu2 said. Cloud data takes up a lot of server memory that indie developers just can’t afford. Most games also use cookies and most of those are browser dependent (not computer dependent).