Forums Kongregate

is kongregate going bankrupt

13 posts

Flag Post

lately i have noticed that there are 3x the amount of advertisements.
ads in the chat.
no more 10000$ game stop contests replaced with shitty contests like The Decider Challenge get this fake hat.

they have allowed pm spam to earn a little more cash.

are you using ad blocker pleas don’t we are going BANKRUPT.

WHATS THE DEAL WHY IS ALL THE FUN FROM KONG GONE.

Flag Post

no.

you should never be content with the amount you are making in a business. if you are making 2 mil a year, strive for 3 mil. if you are making 100 mil, strive for 150mil.

thats all kong is doing, not being content.

Flag Post

The weekly challenges are different from our sponsored prizes. Also, where have you noticed 3x the amount of advertisements? o.O

The developer notifications also aren’t for “cash”, but more for bringing the game to you when you might not otherwise check back on it.

I don’t know about you, but all I’ve been seeing is improvement on the fun the site has to offer.

Flag Post

Steps to creating a conspiracy:

1.) Find evidence.
2.) Come up with a theory that is explained by the evidence.
3.) Ignore any other possible explanation for the evidence, claiming your theory is the only valid one.
4.) ???
5.) Profit.

Flag Post
lately i have noticed that there are 3x the amount of advertisements.

Where’s the evidence? IMO ads just gets more negative attention than ever before but there still shouldn’t be more of them than ever. To add another nail in coffin, ads supports developers as well, not just kongregate

ads in the chat.

Haven’t those always been there? And still, we don’t see more than one ad at the time, just like before. (Although I’m disappoint kong+ doesn’t block chat ads after claiming it’s ad free)

no more 10000$ game stop contests replaced with shitty contests like The Decider Challenge get this fake hat.

I guess greg knows best but sometimes, it’s just hard to find sponsorships. Besides, premium item give aways actually costs money for kongregate (as well revenues it) and supports developers

they have allowed pm spam to earn a little more cash.

Revenue stream goes mainly for developers. Besides, this PM mass messaging isn’t confirmed nor permanent feature as it’s still under test phase

are you using ad blocker pleas don’t we are going BANKRUPT.

I’m not sure what’s behind this but supporting developers alongside rolling little cash in kongregates own pocket seems main motive. It came alongside with a release of kong+ so a side (or main) motive could be a promotion of kong+

In overall, supporting of indie developers has brought many new queationable features and applied policies

Yes, kongregate does gets extra money from this but endeavours to get some extra revenue doesn’t mean kongregate is on it’s way to bankruptcy

EDIT: To conclude, kongregate is evolving and the direction of this evolve seems to favor developers

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

Steps to creating a conspiracy:

1.) Find evidence.
2.) Come up with a theory that is explained by the evidence.
3.) Ignore any other possible explanation for the evidence, claiming your theory is the only valid one.
4.) ???
5.) Profit.

No, no, no

1> Come up with a theory
2> Force some evidence to support it
3> Ignore all evidence that refutes it, and all other possible explanations
4> ???
5> Profit

Flag Post

I’m sorry, but -

Just wtf? You have been given warnings by 2 admins, which you both promptly insulted.
You have been given a Kong warning for a “hateful” avatar.
Your grammar and spelling is just rubbish.

AND…your profile is private. Hiding your age?

Seriously, can you please, be a bit helpful and act like a mature teenager instead of a 7 year old kid? Some 7 year old kids are actually smarter than you, y’know. So if you would sharpen up on your writing skills, and being a douche for once, I’d appreciate that.

Flag Post

To quote Yatzee, they are “Sellout Souless fucks”.

Flag Post

i thinks its funny how every time i make a post you copy and paste this from my wall go away you are vary irritating. why don’t you go read a book and learn to have fun the book Artimas fowl really made me loosen up the whole series was a great 3 weeks of reading if you ever get bored on the job. and i am sorry for those spam things i was trying to get referrals but i am done also i had a lot of stress on me i had to do so much and someone was trying to steal my account that is worth 300$ on dead frontier. so in conclusion i am strictly apologetic for my dumbstruck actions. and i will have no further untamed stupidly.
EDIT: and also my vocabulary is dramatically expanding and my improper grammar is something of the past that shall not now nor ever be in my vocal or typing. also i am sorry for making a bad influence.

Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

I’m sorry, but -

Just wtf? You have been given warnings by 2 admins, which you both promptly insulted.
You have been given a Kong warning for a “hateful” avatar.
Your grammar and spelling is just rubbish.

AND…your profile is private. Hiding your age?

Seriously, can you please, be a bit helpful and act like a mature teenager instead of a 7 year old kid? Some 7 year old kids are actually smarter than you, y’know. So if you would sharpen up on your writing skills, and being a douche for once, I’d appreciate that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by w3r3w0lf:

To quote Yatzee, they are “Sellout Souless fucks”.

There’s a difference between selling out and staying afloat.

Flag Post

Well er, grayson, I have read Artemis Fowl, y’know. So don’t jump to conclusions. Just sayin’.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

Well er, grayson, I have read Artemis Fowl, y’know. So don’t jump to conclusions. Just sayin’.

i love that maybe we could put this behind us and be friends i wont be retarded and post spam and you and i could maybe be friends

Flag Post

lol.