Forums Kongregate

How are the dtd games higher rated then fancy pants?

21 posts

Flag Post

Ive noticed more people hate dtd then the amount of people hate fancy pants. So howd this happen? Also I dont see whats so special about it because its just like any other tower defence game.

Flag Post

Really, huh? Are there that many votes towards reviews? No? Good.

Flag Post

It has some replay value and not all Kongregators are forum users.

Flag Post

More people hate DTD then fancy pants because DTD is more popular and therefor was able to get more non belivers

Flag Post

Because the people who hate DTD like to be forever shunned from my eyes.

EDIT: And because games freezing up into oblivion are fun! = (

Flag Post

DTD has an impossible badge. Fancy Pants doesn’t.

That’s why you have so many people “hating” DTD.

Flag Post

DTD=CRAP

fancy pants should be rated higher

Flag Post

i think fancy pants is better but it has absolutely no replay value at all so more people like DTD

Flag Post

yea i hate DTD but i still gave it 5 stars because it is an amazing game even if im not good at it

Flag Post

DTD is the most popular Flash game on the internet. Fancy Pants is the highest-rated game beyond that on Kongregate, while it’s only #79 of all-time on Newgrounds. So calling Fancy Pants underrated here seems a little odd to me, as the Kongregate crowd appreciates the game more than any other audience.

Flag Post

I’ve never seen anything appealing about Fancy Pants in the first place. It’s a Mario clone with curvature and hair.

Flag Post

I never really got what’s so great about the game anyways i mean it takes about 5 mins to explore every place possible and get all the trophys too short but since it is the 2nd highest rated game on kong it really should have at least another badge.

Flag Post

This thread is not made to argue which game is better use the voting system for that.This thread was made because Clubp thinks his opinion is superior.

Flag Post

Being so popular, it’s no wonder DTD has so many haters. Fancy Pants is hard to hate, but easy to semi-dislike. And it’s no Mario clone, more of sonic.

Flag Post

What’s so special about Fancy Pants?

seriously

also clubp you have The Best Avatar

Flag Post

FancyPants is just not that good. It’s a fun game and all but it’s a platform jumping game…it’s been done and done and done. DTD is the best achievement in a new type of game. The two really aren’t even in the same league.

In other words, if you think FancyPants is better than DTD, you’re dumb. There, I said it.

Flag Post

DTD is the best achievement in a new type of game.

Not true, as said in many places, the Tower Defence games have been thought of years ago, in the time of Warcraft 3 and Starcraft.

Flag Post

Ah Hitaro said, the Tower genre has been around for quite a few years, and there have been numerous flash tower defense games before DTD came out.

Flag Post

You know why Starcraft is the most played multiplayer RTS ever?
It’s all about balancing, and the author of DTD did one hell of a good job in that case.
That’s why DTD, above all the other TD-Games is so good and popular.
(And that also explains the high replay-value. It’s a challenge everytime again)

The “hate” comes because there are a lot of people who get frustrated by trying to achieve the hard or impossible badges. That’s not a simple task, and there are a few people out there who start blaming the authors/games for their own incompetence.

Can’t say much about Fancy, because I just rushed through to get the badge.
Seemed like just another jum’n’run to me, but I admit I might have missed the true…whatever it is :)

Edit: whoops…yea, RTS not RSG … missed the right word, thx :)

Flag Post

I concur with the starcraft analogy (although most people call it a RTS, not a RSG). The reason why people still play starcraft is because of the pure balance it has currently in the game, and the sheer amount of different strategies/options that there are in the game. Even after what, 10 years after release, pros still find and discover new strategies in starcraft because of that balance, and DTD is the same way.

Flag Post

I really don’t get why people like DTD it’s not a horrible game but it is a bit of a bore and it lacks anything special.