Forums Kongregate

Kongrefeint - Qualifiers - Now with extra light! (locked)

147 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to the Kongrefeint

Hopefully this tourney will kill you not make you faint. Oh the word play is so awful I know…

ANYWAYS, a feint is basically a movement to try and trick your opponent and hopefully we’ll see some subterfuge here in this tourney, although hopefully not of the bad, cheating kind, more of the good, last second sniping kind.

The basic rules apply, no alts or the alt and main will be DQ’d, any cheating will probably be called out by frick or someone similar and no photoshopping.

For the qualifying round, in order for your time to be counted, you need to post a screenshot of your end game screen (just after you’ve beaten the penguin, before you go through the door), which includes your name in the top right of the game panel along side the green/yellow plug, the game window including the timer, and the today high scores tab with your name visible. Any editing of the screenshot is not allowed, anyone found editing screenshots will be dq’d.

The name of the Game is Fancy Pants Adventure

The aim of the Game is to get a time trial run of 175 or less. Anything over, even 175.1, will not be accepted. This qualifier is meant to be relatively difficult, although I don’t think it should be too hard. Wii’s idea to increase it, which was seconded by a few people.

Here is an example of a good screenshot(obviously you’ll want a better time =P):

I would advise going and getting the jump achievement first, it will make your life MUCH easier.

Yes, I voted FPA low, I wasn’t very good at it and until they added wall jump in I didn’t like it and never bothered to change my score, deal with it.

Maximum number of entrants: 120
Closing date: Sunday the 6th of May or when the cap hits 120, whichever comes first.

Spreadsheet

Any help on formatting would be nice. o.o;

To qualify via the light version all you have to do is beat the asmo! That means you have an incredibly large 265.27 seconds to beat it in, seeing as I got two secret rooms on that run and died three times due to lag, ANYONE should be able to do better than this. Anyone who gets under 175 from now on will still get 100% score next round, anyone over that gets a 10% penalty but it shouldn’t effect you TOO much.

Flag Post

I can help with spreadsheeting (obviously since I’m on the list in the sign-ups & directory thread) :P

Edit: Asmo, you have the sheet set to private. You gotta make it public.

Flag Post

Alright, let’s get this qualifier started :D

Flag Post

It’s not that I’m angry for not doing better last time, I’m just, really pissed off.

Flag Post

Omg I missed it by a minute and a half on my first try. :o

Flag Post

Thanks for making me finally get this hard badge.

Flag Post

I made the spreadsheet public and BHA and Video can now edit.

Heh, after seeing the times I feel I should have gone with my original plan of making it 170 XD Oh well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by asmodous:

Heh, after seeing the times I feel I should have gone with my original plan of making it 170 XD Oh well.

That might be a bit too strict, especially if you’re hoping for 120 people.

Flag Post

Which is why I didn’t. I think 173 is a reasonable achievement. I still reckon I could get it down to 167 if I got a good enough run, so 173 is probably plenty of time. We’ll see how people do, 120’s just a maximum anyway.

Flag Post

If you’re best is 167, then a 6 second margin of error is pretty small for the qualifier.
I think you’ll get maybe 30 competitors.
Also, don’t go on vacation with your girlfriend this time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

If you’re best is 167, then a 6 second margin of error is pretty small for the qualifier.
I think you’ll get maybe 30 competitors.
Also, don’t go on vacation with your girlfriend this time.

How did you know I was going on vacation with my girlfriend? You’re psychic I swear it.

Edit: I disagree. In running and such likes, one second is huge. It’s the difference between not being in the olympics at all to being the fastest runner in the world. Similar concept here, 173 is difficult but not too hard, 170 would have been insane, which is why I didn’t do it. But nitpicking over, 120 is just a maximum, not a target. Good luck chasing that time!

Flag Post

First score. It’s cropped weird, I know.

Flag Post

I was already thinking about not joining this tourney, but the qualifier makes it literally impossible for me to join. No way I’ll be able to accomplish that, so I’ll just sit back and see you all in a month and a half.

Flag Post

175, is a bit steep for the qualifying round. I don’t think you’ll find more than 40-50 people who will be able to qualify into the tournament. If you want to have a lot of people join, you should probably drop the time limit back to about 200.

Flag Post

Had to qualify three times. First time I went though the last door, thinking the end game screen was after that. Second time I didn’t have the time displayed (you have to press ‘T’ — are there instructions somewhere that I’m missing?). Third time,

All good?

Flag Post

Omg it’s 175 now? I didn’t screenie my 174. D:

Flag Post

Why this game? Why? Just why? :(

Flag Post

Can you add me to the spreadsheet? I got the qualifying score.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JoshDragon:

Can you add me to the spreadsheet? I got the qualifying score.

Gotta Screencap it.

Flag Post

I already did that.

Flag Post

poor choice for a qualifying round. these tournaments only happen like once every month or two and this is going to exclude many people. if you guys seriously want to keep doing these then you should run 2 tournaments at the same time. one that is more friendly to your average player, and these elitists tournaments that the last few have been.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

poor choice for a qualifying round. these tournaments only happen like once every month or two and this is going to exclude many people. if you guys seriously want to keep doing these then you should run 2 tournaments at the same time. one that is more friendly to your average player, and these elitists tournaments that the last few have been.

The last few were fine. I just really hate this game (and I’m not explaining why :P).

Flag Post

Because it has S as the jump button? Because that’s literally the only thing keeping this from being a good game (and the only thing keeping me from being able to qualify).

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Because it has S as the jump button? Because that’s literally the only thing keeping this from being a good game (and the only thing keeping me from being able to qualify).

I’m fine with the jump button. I just hate the physics and responsiveness of the controls.
Edit: In fact I can probably qualify if I wanted, but I really don’t want to deal with this game. I’ll probably attempt it later anyways >.>.

Flag Post

?
According to this, your S key works fine:

Originally posted by knowitalljohn:

I am trying to reach top 60K by the 16/4 AEST time. Please don’t ask why. I am about to break top 80K

For the record, 60000th place is currently 916,782 keys.

And just for fun, here is an image of my WhatPulse key frequencies.

And it can’t be extreme-right-handedness, because I suffer from the same disability and I didn’t have a problem, so what? You have sibilaphobia?