Forums Kongregate

Kongregate, Facebook Timeline and you! page 2

51 posts

Flag Post

a bit late onto the facebook bandwagon. that website is steaming pile of dogshit. everyone hates it, it will collapse sooner or later.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jesto:

This seems like a strange decision that I can only forsee spamming up Facebook walls in the future, the same as any other Facebook app that spams things to your wall.

So there’s a bit of a difference between Timeline posts and Stream posts. Timeline is what Spotify uses, whereas most Facebook games use Stream posts. Timeline posts are smarter about getting combined if there are a bunch of similar ones. We’re hoping people will like it and not find it too annoying, we will see. We’re trying to strike the right balance and we hope you’ll give it a try before you decide.

Flag Post

i find everything about facebook annoying, so there is 0% chance i will like it.

Flag Post

Ive quit every forum/community/game/app that forces their member to use facebook in anyway.

Sooo….

Thank you kongregate for all these 1000 of hours of fun we’ve spent together in my bed. Never did I belive you would become the town w****, and try to a** r*** us like this!

Is it the greed of your father that make you do something this utterly stupid or does your creator belive he will gain honor and reputation?

Kong, my little girl, Im afraid your father might be the new town fool and you will just be his bastard child from this day.

I now bid you farwell my dear and could you please point me in the direction of another brothel!

$$$$$$$$

Me and my girlfriend are having a game of thrones marathon, and I seem to be a bit influenced. But this sucks kong! wtf? why do you do this? Please dont sell your bum to mark! Pretty please?

Well Im glad you can turn it of, or I wouldn’t even bother writing my first forum post. Will stay and see were this is heading… gg

Flag Post

Nice update

Only I haven’t used and will not use any of the features you introduced in the last two updates :\

Flag Post

I really loved Kongregate until now. Bye-bye!

Flag Post

is the next update is the selling of kong to fb owners?

Flag Post

As much as I dislike Facebook, I don’t see how this is a sign of Kong selling out. Additionally, this is totally optional – don’t link your Facebook account if you don’t want people to see it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Orkalee:

As you’re aware, this is completely optional and only unlocks more choices for people to tell about their actions.
It’s not like selling out

Ironically, while defending this feature, I wouldn’t find any use for it as I rarely use facebook and secondly, I avoid everything that posts my actions in my facebook wall. But it’s still optional so it doesn’t change my view towards kongregate in any way

Not every action I do online withstands sunlight

Flag Post

Question:

Publish to my Facebook feed when I earn an achievement? Can I choose which badge I am gonna publish / which badge I don’t want to publish, or I am forced to publish every achievement if I checked “Earn an achievement” ?

Flag Post

NO to FB. NO to cheap p2w “MMOs”.

sigh.

Flag Post

This is just a bad idea.
A very bad Idea.
You had so many ways to actually improve this website.
Instead you decided to go “sheep” mode and follow the Facebook hysteria.
Nobody wants this. If we’re on Kong chats and Forums, it’s to meet new people. But you don’t want them to know everything about you. And your IRL friends don’t give a crap if you’re level 40 on Kongregate.

This is nothing but a huge waste of time and energy on your part.
If you want more community, you should improve community IN Kongregate. Not exporting it OUTSIDE.

It’s okay, you made a mistake but I still love you ( less, but I still love you ).
You can do better. Looking forward to it.

Flag Post

I hide/mute people on Facebook if they post game updates and steadfastly refuse to link my Facebook account to anything else, so I’ll certainly not be using it…

But it’s definitely a good update for those who will. Looks nicely done.

Flag Post

I love the new update and that Kongregate teamed with Facebook. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sirtoinou:

If you want more community, you should improve community IN Kongregate. Not exporting it OUTSIDE.

I absolutely understand what you’re getting at, and I love that you’re thinking about how to build community within Kongregate.

I don’t actually see this as a way to export the community aspects of Kongregate, but as a way to draw more awesome people to the site. I have some friends who are really fun who don’t have accounts here, and I wish they’d join so I can taunt them with my TWO impossible badges—because heaven knows only a noob would be impressed by my achievements as a gamer, but that’s a conversation for a different day. The point is that fun people are likely to know other fun people, and those other fun people should c’mon over here.

The other thing to note is that when I actually went ahead and tried this out during testing yesterday morning, I discovered that two of my real-life friends— who totally know I work here!— made accounts without telling me. (wtf???) So now I get to follow them, and leave shouts on their profiles, and pester them to play games with me, and generally make them interact with me more.

I’m hoping that that sort of thing, multiplied by a couple hundred thousand people, will make for lots of good times and shenanigans.

PS. Very soon, you’ll start seeing some other new features that we hope will improve the community aspects inside of Kongregate as well. So we’re not neglecting that part! Actually trying to do both at once.

Originally posted by fdsasdf:

Congregate on Kongregate, if you will

that was so hard to read for some reason

Yeah, I’m unable to read the word “congregate” any more without it looking like bizarre misspelling.

Flag Post

DIE already, the facebook-virus is spreading to my favourite things.
First my girl asked me to start up a facebook account, I said NO.
Then my mom (are you f-ing kidding me) I said NOOO.
Then every new person I met had at some point asked me…are you on facebook, and I
replied firmly with NO.

But not you KONG, I would have never thought that you would integrate that superficial, lifesucking, repugnant and vile facebook into my favourite past-time for over four years, nothing is certain anymore. Nothing is free anymore.
No hope, I’m going to kill myself, right after I update my status.

Flag Post

Yaysageit, you understand this is completely optional and only exists for the people who have Facebook account and want to link it to their Kong account, right? You understand this isn’t going to change your Kong experience?

Flag Post

Yeah it will, it’s just another step closer to turning KONG into Zinga, hey farmville makes millions, lets charge people for a subscription or get more information from our users so we can generate larger revenue when we sell out our players to Mark. I don’t have to make sense it stinks donkey-balls

Flag Post
Originally posted by jimgreer:

This seems like a strange decision that I can only forsee spamming up Facebook walls in the future, the same as any other Facebook app that spams things to your wall.

So there’s a bit of a difference between Timeline posts and Stream posts. Timeline is what Spotify uses, whereas most Facebook games use Stream posts. Timeline posts are smarter about getting combined if there are a bunch of similar ones. We’re hoping people will like it and not find it too annoying, we will see. We’re trying to strike the right balance and we hope you’ll give it a try before you decide.

And for those of us who don’t use the timeline thing, does it post in our regular stream or does it post nothing at all?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thebum06:
Originally posted by jimgreer:

And for those of us who don’t use the timeline thing, does it post in our regular stream or does it post nothing at all?

I believe it just won’t show up if you’re not using fb timeline.

In other news, this feature is now live :) As someone that hates spammy facebookness, I really really recommend trying it out for yourself before saying “NOPE!” It isn’t spammy at all, and is a really nice way to share some games with your friends.

Flag Post

and is a really nice way to share some games with your friends.

Can you believe there are some people out there who have never heard of “You Have to Burn the Rope”? … We have a problem here that needs to be solved.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlisonClaire:

In other news, this feature is now live :) As someone that hates spammy facebookness, I really really recommend trying it out for yourself before saying “NOPE!” It isn’t spammy at all, and is a really nice way to share some games with your friends.

Call Greg and Raw in to add a bunch of new badges tonight and I’ll try it out. i’m gonna pass on posting to my Facebook every time I 5/5 a game, but posting achievements sounds neat :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

and is a really nice way to share some games with your friends.

Can you believe there are some people out there who have never heard of “You Have to Burn the Rope”? … We have a problem here that needs to be solved.

Maybe you should add a new hard badge to that game? :)

Flag Post

I see Kongregate being heavily polluted by facebook crap in the near future, boo. I can already just post a link to a Kong game on facebook anyway.

Flag Post

Now our profile pages are copying facebook’s one?

I’m sorry, but, is there any option to switch back to the “old Kongregate”? (Including the old main bar on top of the page)