Forums Kongregate

Old Shuckle Approach (locked)

70 posts

Flag Post

When I first came to this website it was a sprouting Flash Gaming community filled with great members. The best thing was there was absolutely no media influence on the website, it was Kongregate, it was its own thing. Then time went on, the layouts changed, my friends left, Kongregate sold out to Gamestop. Now look what this place has become. It’s a fucking trainwreck. Kongregate is not the flash gaming version of Facebook and Twitter, and it never will be, stop trying to fucking make this once great website into something that it’s not. Things are just getting shittier and shitttier with time. First of all, realize that this is a community of children. In the past, the age range was somewhere between 15-18, but now it’s around 11-14 (yes, most of the people here are litle kids). I absolutely fucking despise this place now and it hurts me whenever I even logon. Did you really change friends/fans to following/followers? How does that make any fucking sense at all? There is no news feed that users can submit, so what are they fucking following? I’m suprised that cherished moderators like aC let this clusterfuck happen. At first, I thought this place still had some sort of legitimacy as a communtiy, but that’s tarnished. This place fucking sucks; fuck Gamestop, and fuck the Greers for selling their website. This place fucking sold out big time, and the sad part is that they will never be what they’re trying to be because Kongregate is a failure of a website.

Flag Post

And there’s nothing we can do about it.

Flag Post

Oh well, life goes on.

Flag Post

do u feel better now?

Flag Post

As much as I dislike the change, isn’t that a bit much :P?

Flag Post

I’m suprised that cherished moderators like aC let this clusterfuck happen.

This is when I knew Tacket was trolling.

Flag Post

We should GTFO this site ASAP and establish a new set of forums.

Flag Post

Correct, I’ve grown to accept that, and that’s part of the reason why I left.
The Greers sold out their once great product to a bunch a whores at Gamestop and now the site’s fucked to Kingdom Come.

Flag Post

inb4censorship

Totally agree, though. At least OT and some of the other boards are still bearable, but the support for small devs has all but disappeared and there isn’t a sense of community anymore.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pseudoephedrine:

I’m suprised that cherished moderators like aC let this clusterfuck happen.

This is when I knew Tacket was trolling.

I’m always serious.

Flag Post

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I completely disagree (and I’m not just saying this because I’m an admin for the site.) Kongregate hasn’t changed for the worse since I first joined back in 2007, and in fact, it has only continued to grow. You keep putting emphasis on “selling out” to GameStop as if it’s a bad thing, which it really isn’t. GameStop has given us the funding the publicity to reach out to more gamers and provide our existing users with the best of the best.

I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else for my flash gaming experience because Kongregate continues time and time again to provide the best flash games, and I’m sorry you don’t see it that way. The flash games aren’t what keeps me here though – it’s the community and the users that really make it a fun place to be a part of, and I hope you can be a part of that too and look aside the negative viewpoints you have about the progress that is being made to the site. Sometimes a good rant makes you feel better though. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrSalvador:

inb4censorship

Totally agree, though. At least OT and some of the other boards are still bearable, but the support for small devs has all but disappeared and there isn’t a sense of community anymore.

Totally right here, bro.
This isn’t even a community of forumers and flash gamers anymore, it’s a a fucking fail of a website trying to be something it never will be.
If it’s not fucking broken don’t fix it.
I don’t know if It’s pressure from Gamestop or what that’s causing these stupid fucking updates, but they need to stop.
Why would anyone that’s not retarded by all logical comprehension continue making these dumbass updates when there is a clear communal disapproval of them?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

You know that aC helped build Kong, Zam.
He wasn’t just some mod.

Flag Post

Things change, get over it. You can always try to set up your own website and try things your way, rather than sitting there and bitching and moaning about it.

Flag Post

Let’s not turn this into a criticism about moderators, please.

Flag Post
Originally posted by oOTrentOo:

You know that aC helped build Kong, Zam.

Yeah I’m aware. He should’ve stuck to coding.

You’re entitled to your opinion

Judging by my removed post I am not.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

aC was fucking great because he realized that you had to chlorinate the kiddies of a community for it to prosper. No offense to the current mods, but the way things are being done is causing the mature users who use mature content to be suffocated in the sea of newshuckltry. I never liked aC, but damn did I respect him, and that’s the way it should be with power.

Flag Post

Zshadow for meanest mod all time.

No but uh… Yes. This is what happens when (insert business here) stops caring about the people it was built for; and tries to appeal to the masses of imbeciles in the US. It’s happened with basically every single technology-related company, and it’ll keep on happening until Idiocracy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I completely disagree (and I’m not just saying this because I’m an admin for the site.) Kongregate hasn’t changed for the worse since I first joined back in 2007, and in fact, it has only continued to grow. You keep putting emphasis on “selling out” to GameStop as if it’s a bad thing, which it really isn’t. GameStop has given us the funding the publicity to reach out to more gamers and provide our existing users with the best of the best.

I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else for my flash gaming experience because Kongregate continues time and time again to provide the best flash games, and I’m sorry you don’t see it that way. The flash games aren’t what keeps me here though – it’s the community and the users that really make it a fun place to be a part of, and I hope you can be a part of that too and look aside the negative viewpoints you have about the progress that is being made to the site. Sometimes a good rant makes you feel better though. :)

Then when I criticize an admin, my posts get removed? Practice what you preach. Don’t censor our posts.

Flag Post

Fuck you, GameStop.
The only reason people even acknowledge your existence is because of your popular advertisements, and the fact that you have stores everyfuckingwhere.
I don’t think I’ve even seen a fully-grown adult at a GameStop without being accompanied by an obese 10-year-old child asking to buy a Rated M game. Give Kongregate back to Jim, even if he doesn’t want it anymore. We don’t want to be infected by your contagious shit disease that spreads even further for every fucking terrible thing you do.

I think I’m done letting off steam for the day.

Flag Post

Then when I criticize an admin, my posts get removed? Practice what you preach. Don’t censor our posts.

There’s a pretty big difference between criticism and cussing someone out with insults. ;)

Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

Zshadow for meanest mod all time.

No but uh… Yes. This is what happens when (insert business here) stops caring about the people it was built for; and tries to appeal to the masses of imbeciles in the US. It’s happened with basically every single technology-related company, and it’ll keep on happening until Idiocracy.

Who said we stopped caring about you? <3

Flag Post

It’d be nice if you didn’t treat this like a joke, ZShadow.

Flag Post

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I completely disagree (and I’m not just saying this because I’m an admin for the site.) Kongregate hasn’t changed for the worse since I first joined back in 2007, and in fact, it has only continued to grow.

Growing? Is this what you call growing. Kongregate is literally getting fist fucked up the ass by all these social media sites and Gamestop. This isn’t growth, this is decline. Kongregate’s roots are a simple gaming website where you could also enjoy the community found in the forums, but all these fucking stupid updates you call growth have completely ruined that past experience.

You keep putting emphasis on “selling out” to GameStop as if it’s a bad thing, which it really isn’t. GameStop has given us the funding the publicity to reach out to more gamers and provide our existing users with the best of the best.

Best of the best? Shouldn’t the fucking community decide what’s best, cuz this ain’t it. How in the world could you posssibly call this the best of the best when literally everyone comments on how fucking shitty these updates are? It’s like you’re force feeding us shit from your own anus, but you’re crazy enough to think we like it. And yes, Kongregate fucking sold out. Kongregate is all about the games, which aren’t even made by fucking Kongregate! All you do with these selling out money is ruin opportunity for small developers while stroking off big time devs with 100 dollar bills. The rest goes to shitty updates which makes everyone want to leave.

I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else for my flash gaming experience because Kongregate continues time and time again to provide the best flash games, and I’m sorry you don’t see it that way.

Did I say the flash games were bad? No, I didn’t. I said the fucking website was, and it is. If the website is so bad that it makes you want to leave the decent games then you know that it’s fucking horrible.

The flash games aren’t what keeps me here though – it’s the community and the users that really make it a fun place to be a part of, and I hope you can be a part of that too and look aside the negative viewpoints you have about the progress that is being made to the site. Sometimes a good rant makes you feel better though. :)

THE COMMUNTIY FUCKING SUCKS! THIS ISN’T 08-09 WHERE WE ACTUALLY HAD GOOD, HIGH QUALITY MEMBERS. THIS IS MODERN DAY KONGREGATE FILLED WITH FUCKING UNDERAGED USERS WHO FUCKING THINK THEY’RE COOL BECAUSE THEY DODGED COPPA. THESE NEW SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATES ARE ALSO BRINGING FUCKING LOSERS FROM FACEBOOK AND TWITTER ONTO THIS SITE MAKING IT EVEN WORSE. FACE IT, KONGREGATE WILL NEVER BE A SUCCESSFUL, BIG TIME WEBSITE. IT WILL ALWAYS BE THE SAME SMALL WEBSITE. GAMESTOP AND SOCIAL MEDIA RAPE ASIDE.