Forums Kongregate

Old Shuckle Approach page 3 (locked)

70 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:

We haven’t got more than 20k more players playing at once on Kongregate since Gamestop, if my memory is right.

I don’t see 30k, reasonable users on to 35k bullshit users and 15k reasonable ones.

Zachary, I’m not sure what time of day you’re usually on the site. Our peak usage usually occurs around noon Pacific time. We actually hit a new high just the other day— over 67,000 concurrent users. It’s hard to know what-all drives these things, but some of it appears to be large games doing promotional campaigns that bring users to Kongregate.

As far as GameStop, I didn’t work here at the time so I don’t know what Kongregate’s financial situation was. But I know that there’s nothing in the world that’s free, and that includes servers and developers. The site started out using borrowed money, but that can only last so long.

Also, I hope it won’t offend you but, as someone who’s genuinely middle-aged, it gives me deep joy to see you guys ranting about how everything’s gone to shit since the good old days. <3

Flag Post

on a sidenote I’m still rockin’ the shuckle avatar for you Tacket.

Flag Post

Also, I hope it won’t offend you but, as someone who’s genuinely middle-aged, it gives me deep joy to see you guys ranting about how everything’s gone to shit since the good old days. <3

Quote of the day.

I’m not understanding the statistics of the age range being mostly 11-14 now. Averaging out, that’s implying that ½ of “most” of the users on Kong are underage? I’m missing something. I mean, I’m a magnet for underage users (good thing I’m not a pedophile), but that seems a little extreme to me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SicMirx:

I’m not understanding the statistics of the age range being mostly 11-14 now. Averaging out, that’s implying that ½ of “most” of the users on Kong are underage? I’m missing something. I mean, I’m a magnet for underage users (good thing I’m not a pedophile), but that seems a little extreme to me.

Count them yourself, if you wish

Flag Post

Guilty as charged, I giggled. I really thought that was going to be some sort of statistic link. Then I hover over it and… joke’s on me.

Flag Post
Zachary, I’m not sure what time of day you’re usually on the site. Our peak usage usually occurs around noon Pacific time. We actually hit a new high just the other day— over 67,000 concurrent users. It’s hard to know what-all drives these things, but some of it appears to be large games doing promotional campaigns that bring users to Kongregate.

As far as GameStop, I didn’t work here at the time so I don’t know what Kongregate’s financial situation was. But I know that there’s nothing in the world that’s free, and that includes servers and developers. The site started out using borrowed money, but that can only last so long.

Really?
It’s hitting that high now?
Well, I guess I just never look up there anymore.

I’m just implying the money kongregate had, because the amount of users constantly hopping games and using the forums really racks up cash fast.
I’m sure they were at least making a bit of money while paying off debts slowly.

I would say I agree, but considering nearly every MMO is only underaged users, and there’s a constant flow of more and more people that can’t spell at all, or use any grammar to the forums and chats I can’t say it’s too extreme.
Still a bit extreme though.

Flag Post

I think that the problem here is that Kong didn’t go far enough.

Kong needs a blog system so I can tell everyone about that super cool sandwich I had for lunch today and then ask them to like my blog post.

Flag Post

lock

Flag Post
Originally posted by FluffyPuppyRB:

lock

I agree, Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels is an amazing movie.

Flag Post

I actually preferred Snatch.

Flag Post

Fun fact: it’s only going to get worse.

Flag Post

What a Great Update! I’m excited to see what the future has in store for Kongregat :) :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I completely disagree (and I’m not just saying this because I’m an admin for the site.) Kongregate hasn’t changed for the worse since I first joined back in 2007, and in fact, it has only continued to grow. You keep putting emphasis on “selling out” to GameStop as if it’s a bad thing, which it really isn’t. GameStop has given us the funding the publicity to reach out to more gamers and provide our existing users with the best of the best.

I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else for my flash gaming experience because Kongregate continues time and time again to provide the best flash games, and I’m sorry you don’t see it that way. The flash games aren’t what keeps me here though – it’s the community and the users that really make it a fun place to be a part of, and I hope you can be a part of that too and look aside the negative viewpoints you have about the progress that is being made to the site. Sometimes a good rant makes you feel better though. :)

If Gamestop has given Kongregate the funds to reach out to more gamers and provide the existing users with the best of the best, then why does K+ exist? Before Kongregate was sold to Gamestop there wasn’t any need for a subscription service, and now that they have more funding there is? Just adding my rant to this thread, don’t mind me.

Flag Post

Kongregate sucks because they keep banning me

Flag Post
Originally posted by MFT_Bless_USA:

also, it sux because it has NO CROWS :<

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheRoflWaffle:
Originally posted by MFT_Bless_USA:

also, it sux because it has NO CROWS :<

I’m surprised that no “TheCroflWaffle” alt hasn’t been made yet.

Flag Post
Originally posted by braves055:

on a sidenote I’m still rockin’ the shuckle avatar for you Tacket.

And that’s why you’re the best.

Flag Post

Stop this “fight”.Tacket has his opinion and I think that he should “hold” it for himself.My opinion is that the selling to GameStop was a good idea because now Kongregate have more money fund the site.I saw that Kongregate have more contests.For me that`s very good and I`m waiting for more.Tacket should not offend Kongregate because not him made the site.

Flag Post

Based on Tacket’s vibrant posting history, it seems like he just doesn’t like the site at all, which is fine. All I have to say though, is you don’t like something:

Flag Post

lol