Forums Kongregate

Tomorrow's likely challenge

23 posts

Flag Post

Tomorrow’s challenge will probably be Papa’s Pizzeria, along with 2-3 badges. I spent a lot of time today (maybe too much, even…) playing this game, but I want to hear what you guys think would be a reasonable challenge, along with some reasonable badges.

Flag Post

Papa’s Pizzaria really desevers it.

Badge suggestions

Medium badge: Get 5 bronze customers

Hard badge: Get your rank up to 15

Impossible badge: Unlock all customers

Card challenge: get your rank up to 5

Hope these help

Flag Post

Bleh, everybody does KNOW that Papa Louie is the secret customer. FliplineStudios, hide the mustache :D

Go digg it: http://digg.com/playable_web_games/Papa_s_Pizzeria

Easy Badge: Rank 2

Medium: 5 Bronze Customers

Hard: Day 20 completed

Impossible: Papa Louie is a star customer

Card: Rank 5

Flag Post

I wouldn’t make any badges impossible, as this isn’t really a “skill” game imo compared to the standard of the current impossible badges.
Make a hard badge something that would take a fair amount of time: such as unlocking all customers, or unlocking papa louie.
An easy or medium badge having to do with rank or days completed would work too.

Flag Post

A Diner Dash-type game, and from the same guy who made When Pizzas Attack. greg, we have a winner!

I haven’t played it yet, so I can’t suggest any badges though. But a hard badge sounds about right. While, from the looks of it, I do think it requires a skill, the skill of overview, it’s not something that would be impossible, just very very hard at times.

Flag Post

I agree with Northern Polarity about the inability to make an impossible badge for this game. Is it possible to lose progress, or get set back in any way? No matter how badly I screw up orders, customers never seem to like me less — they can only like me more. Am I wrong about this?

Flag Post

I think you’re right greg slash northern polarity.

I think the game is really hot and the game mechanics are novel and sexy, but the rewards/punsihment incentives for the game haven’t been fully fleshed out. It’s hard to really want to get gold for every customer, when every day pans out almost identically.

Flag Post

Very cool! You’re right Greg, there’s not much that really sets you back in the game. Worse case, if you make an awful pizza for a customer, they remove all their stars leading up to a new “Star Customer” seal.

FYI, the stats currently track the Bronze, Silver, and Gold customers separately, but we could change each to track “Bronze or higher”, “Silver or higher”, etc. if that helps — otherwise, if someone has all Gold customers, they’ll have zero Bronze ones..

Flag Post

love this game, other than the flaws that are repeatedly pointed out in the comments – very worthy of some badges – as discussed its a patience issue really rather than a skill issue – although skillz will help complete things a little quicker – will our saved games mean we don’t need to do anything for the card once again? :(

Flag Post

Okay, I played the game now and I’m utterly impressed. This is definitely worthy of cards and badges! If it was me, I’d flood it with badges. Good thing it’s not me. XD

Flipline, I don’t know how you do it, but you always manage to make exactly my kind of game.

Flag Post

since you can have saved games, make the challenge hard. So it can take a while. i usually finish the challenge within a few minutes, and have to wait the whole week.

Flag Post

That last badge…. /facepalm…. GOod job otherwise, and once when i served a pizza that wasn’t cooked/cut (by accident), i saw a black line flash over the star rating. I didnt have any stars for that person, but i think it would signify a star minus.

Flipline, you should implement API for the Papa Louie Pizza game :D, it seems very deserving of new badges and whatnot, despite it being a really old game.

Flag Post

It has badges and is the card challenge for this week.

Flag Post

I meant his original game :P

Flag Post

It has the API, and it was used for a challenge. I’m debating whether to re-use the challenge as an achievement, then change what the challenge was when we re-release it… It seems a little silly that all the Kongregate coins don’t do anything.

Flag Post

What API has been implemented so far? and what was the requirements for the previous challenge?

Flag Post

Wewt. Finally that horned yoda guy has been relesased :D

Flag Post

Umm…maybe I misunderstood something, but why is the other Papa Louie game (the platform one) being re-released?

Flag Post

The challenge is being re-released eventually, not the game — the game is still on the site, and you can play it. It just doesn’t have any badges. Maybe I’ll make that a priority today, though…

Flag Post

Flag Post

Sweet pizza. Greg doesn’t like bell pepper though ;_;

Flag Post

BELL PEPPERS ARE THE DEVIL!

Flag Post

i hope you like them, and thanks for the huge tip.