Forums Kongregate

Tools page 3

109 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kioyoh:

Could you make a script that gives you a temporary mute button like that? So only for current session. I know a lot of people would be way more inclined to mute people if they could just mute them temporarily.

Kongregate temp. mute

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Several of the links are broken, and one links to a thread that the links were removed from.

Flag Post

Just in case any of these were missed,

Kaedenn’s Kongregate UserScript

Kongregate+

Badge Browser Script

Alternate Post Appearance

Kongregate Motto Script

Colorful Text Rating script

Flag Post

First post updated.

Flag Post

Anything for spellcheck? I need One,because I used my saveing to buy goods (A new computer w/Windows 7 :3)

Flag Post

I should probably post here what my script can do. I have two screenshots on the page my script is hosted at, and you might want to take a peek. My script does a lot:

• Colors! You know, the colorful kind. Plus, with /config, you can change these colors to be whatever you want. You can use any legal CSS color code as well. You can change both the text color and background color to be whatever you like.
  • Message Rollovers. You can see a sample of this on my site, in one of the images. Just by hovering your mouse over a user’s name in chat, you can see how long ago they said that message (time stamp), what game they’re playing (the link opens in a new tab in case you accidentally click it, which has happened to me before), a link to whisper that user, and if they aren’t a friend, a link to automatically /trollmute <user>, which hides everything that user has said and mutes them. Good for spammers.
  • Anti-Spam! Sometimes, you have people who love to spam by repeating the same message over and over. Normally, this spams chat. With my script, though, all but the last thing they say will be hidden, and their message will have an italicized (x times) after it.
  • A Ton of Chat Commands. There’s a lot of them. A lot. If you type /help, you get a list. If you type /help <command>, you get help on that command. Every command provided by my script has its own help message, and I’ve worked hard to make those messages understandable by everyone, especially non-programmers. There’s a /features command which lists most of what’s already in this forum post, plus a few extra things.
  • A List of Unearned Badges! That’s right, folks! With the addition of my /progress command, you can see how many badges you have, how many badges are on Kongregate in total, and the percents. It gives you a list of all the badges you haven’t earned, separated into four panels: one for each difficulty. Also, the badges themselves are sorted by how many people have earned them, effectively listing the easiest badges first. You can click on the bold text above each panel to show or hide that panel, so you can just see badges from a specific difficulty.
  • Reply (/r) Command. When someone whispers you, just type /r to reply to them quickly, rather than clicking on the reply link or typing /w <user>.
  • Tab Completion. This saves you typing, especially when you want to whisper someone. Just type the first few letters of their name and hit the <tab> key on your keyboard. The rest of their name will be typed out for you. If you continue to hit <tab>, it’ll go to the next user that starts with those letters.
  • Join/Part Notification. Although it’s disabled by default (a moderator asked me to do this, sorry), you can enable it in /config and see when friends, moderators and admins enter or leave the room you’re in.
  • Clickable Links! If someone types a link into chat, and it isn’t a Kongregate link, I make that link clickable. Since this has been known to break things in the past, you can disable this feature in /config.

There’s more this script can do, like telling you when there’s an update. Unfortunately, due to a bug with Google Chrome, you have to uninstall the script before you can update, otherwise the update just doesn’t work. You can do this by clicking on the wrench icon, and then going to Tools→Extensions, and uninstalling it from there.

If you have any questions or comments, leave me a shout on my profile. I’m always open to suggestions.

Cheers!

Flag Post

Someone should add this to the OP:

What’s wrong with broken topics?

Some topics that have a very large number of pages “break.” If you click the “last” button or click on the last page number, it will apparently take you to the last page. But that isn’t actually the last pages. There are “hidden” pages past that that you can only access by trying the options below.

How do I fix broken topics?

You can’t fix it permanently yet, but there are a couple of options that you can try:

1. Manually edit the URL so if it says this, for example, if the URL was this:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/2914-ultimate-kongregate-photo-topic?page=606

But the hidden page was page 607, you would go into the address bar and change it to page 607:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/2914-ultimate-kongregate-photo-topic?page=607

Then you would press “enter” to go to that page.

OR

2. Alternatively, you can download the Kongregate link fixer script to take you to the correct page.

When will this be fixed?

No one, including the Kongregate administrators, is positive about when it will be fixed, but the admins say it will hopefully be fixed in the near future.

Has this happened before?

Yes, it has. The admins temporarily fixed it, but the problem seems to have returned. They are still looking for a permanent fix.

Flag Post

Thank you all who helped with this forum. Thanks!

Flag Post

These things are awesome!

Flag Post

yeah very usefull

Flag Post

My favorite is Firefox Extension! I love it! Thank you arcaneCoder.

Flag Post

Wow, aC, those are awesome!

Flag Post

Wow i dont know how long this thread has been existing but they all look promising, im gonna install some of them to my main PC (yea i wrote this on laptop)

Flag Post

Is this guy like a admin to this site? Or is he just a player finding cool things?

Flag Post

Greats tools, Thanks AC

Flag Post

Better kongregate by musicdemon is’nt anymore fittable to the firefox 4.0b9 :( Any tips?

Flag Post
Originally posted by or12:

Is this guy like a admin to this site? Or is he just a player finding cool things?

He’s currently a forum moderator. arcaneCoder helped develop some of the original stuff on Kongregate. They’ve also asked for his help with various issues since then. Basically they call him into the office, and he arrives at their door dressed in a white hooded robe, which obscures most of his face, save for the two glowing dots I can only assume are his eyes. He’ll then gently touch their programmers on to tops of their head, at which point they’ll shake suddenly, then fully understand the answers to any programming issues they were having problems with before.

Flag Post

You should replace the old forum muting script with the new one.

Flag Post

wow dang great job AC, appreciate it!