Forums Kongregate

Kongratulations, Kongregate.

13 posts

Flag Post

You are currently managing to “shoo!” away a lot of people simply by removing the ‘close’ link on pre-game advertising.
I should probably mention that this overlay doesnt even close anymore.

Oh, you want me to pay for K+? Lemme thi-NO.

Flag Post

We don’t like unskippable advertisements either. To help us get these removed, can you please take a screenshot of the advertisement and send it to support@kongregate.com? If you could also provide us with the website link it takes you to, we can quickly get it removed from our system.

Thanks L203.

Flag Post

What actually happens is that the “close” link takes quite a few seconds to appear. This started happening for me for all advertisements preceding games, a day or two ago, and I confess I thought it was just a cheap advertising ploy to keep people from clicking away too quickly.

Flag Post

hmm the close sign comes on quickly for me and i just click and goes away pretty much immediately, only prob. for me is that with some of the new games that come out, you see that Kong front page sign with no game at all.

Flag Post

I wonder what determines whether ads are played. Sometimes there is no ad video before the game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by schizophoenix:

What actually happens is that the “close” link takes quite a few seconds to appear. This started happening for me for all advertisements preceding games, a day or two ago, and I confess I thought it was just a cheap advertising ploy to keep people from clicking away too quickly.

Sometimes the link pops up late for me and sometimes not at all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thorock:

hmm the close sign comes on quickly for me and i just click and goes away pretty much immediately, only prob. for me is that with some of the new games that come out, you see that Kong front page sign with no game at all.

Hmm, I thought it was just me, but I guess not. Yeah, the link no longer appears with 9 seconds left, but instead doesn’t appear until there are only 5 seconds left.

Flag Post

Lately I see no close links on ads.. I guess ill start doin what Z said :)

Flag Post

I’m fine with the use of advertising to support the site. I added kong as an adblock exception because, while I don’t feel the need to pay a subscription fee to use the same free game site I’ve been part of for a long time, I do want to support their efforts.

What really annoys me, however, are the ads (and games) which have sound that cannot be muted! Most other places I see video ads like this have the courtesy and presence of mind to include a volume control. The ads have been getting longer and louder of late, and the close button is appearing less and less often. I cannot stand when my music/podcast/video is interrupted by an outburst of sound, especially when it’s a 30-second unskippable ad with no volume control! All that does is encourage me to block the ads again.

I’ll follow Z’s suggestion and hopefully things can get straightened out with the ad providers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by geekahedron:

I’m fine with the use of advertising to support the site. I added kong as an adblock exception because, while I don’t feel the need to pay a subscription fee to use the same free game site I’ve been part of for a long time, I do want to support their efforts.

What really annoys me, however, are the ads (and games) which have sound that cannot be muted! Most other places I see video ads like this have the courtesy and presence of mind to include a volume control. The ads have been getting longer and louder of late, and the close button is appearing less and less often. I cannot stand when my music/podcast/video is interrupted by an outburst of sound, especially when it’s a 30-second unskippable ad with no volume control! All that does is encourage me to block the ads again.

I’ll follow Z’s suggestion and hopefully things can get straightened out with the ad providers.

That is why in the first place, ad-block exists and thrives.

Flag Post

I’ve had my close link appearing the exact second the add ends.

Flag Post

This isn’t an issue of a few bad ads. This is pretty much all of your advertisement. The ads I’ve just gotten are:

1. Unskippable/unmutable for the first half Max Paine Ad.

2. Entirely Unskippable/unmutable Ad Choices for Casey’s

3. Entirely Unskippable/unmutable Ad Choices for Casey’s

4. Unskippable/unmutable for the first half Max Paine Ad.

5. Unskippable/unmutable for the first half Max Paine Ad.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

We don’t like unskippable advertisements either. To help us get these removed, can you please take a screenshot of the advertisement and send it to support@kongregate.com? If you could also provide us with the website link it takes you to, we can quickly get it removed from our system.

Thanks L203.

it’s basicly on every game with every ad provided by your farm-keepers.
clicking around and spamming the tabulator key revealed that some of the close-links appear at, for example, Y position 200 pixels from top border of game window, while the window itself is only 180 or so pixels large.

Those are house numbers, mind you. I didn’t check the actual size parameters, the point I’m trying to get accross is the links are “out of bounds” and essentially invisible to the average user.