Forums Kongregate

My game contributions are gone (locked)

12 posts

Flag Post

I cant find my game contributions mainly the avatars I created in the kongregate avatar creator contest.
Ever since the new profiles came out it seems that my contributions were deleted
Id like to know if there is a way to get my old profile back.

Flag Post

This is something we can look into. Thanks!

Flag Post

Adding support for OP. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bring back ‘Contributions’ section, even if it has to be loaded in a new page/tab. I play Fantastic Contraption:Prius Edition almost exclusively, and I used the Contributions section to access my designs (especially private ones since you can’t access them in game) all the time. I no longer have access AT ALL to designs I was working on. Again, PLEASE give us access to Contributions again.

Thank you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

This is something we can look into. Thanks!

What about people who have uploaded art or sounds? Will that show up on their profile?

Flag Post

And how about the supported games section?

Flag Post

Dear Zshadow and other Admin Guru’s, I am utterly addicted to Fantastic Contraption Prius edition and like many others play for a minimum of one hour every day for the last 2 years, but the new profile is affecting the game in a huge way. Basically when you create a design or level and save it you have 2 choices, save and publish or save and keep private i.e. only accessible by yourself via your profile. The old profile had a designs section which would hold all your designs published or not (the unpublished ones only being veiwable by yourself and therefore secret), the new profile has replaced this with activity feed, which only shows published designs.
I cannot portray how important it is to the game to be able to save unpublished designs, basically because most players are designing things that may take anywhere from 1 hour to 10 or more hours spread over several days. The ability to save your current progress without publishing it is paramount, it also allows you to go back to a saved checkpoint if you mess up your design ( most of my designs are saved several times before publishing, and also the game itself has some small bugs, one of which is that when playing for more than an hour the whole thing becomes overloaded and starts lagging at very slow speed, saving progress and reloading sorts this issue out. To cut a long story short I believe that the loss of this ability to save unpublished designs could pretty much kill the game for the community of regular loyal players. I understand that few games on this site have save-able content, and even less a reason to keep it unpublished but to Fantastic contraption Prius edition its the equivalent of taking away a carpenters drill and saw and replacing it with a spoon.
Please Please please I and all the other regular devotees would be so grateful if you could help to keep this most awesome game alive and as good as it has always been.
P.s. sorry for the long message, but really passionate about this. Thank you

Flag Post

@above, I’m using Google chrome and it seems that I still have the old profile.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DiscoMonkey:

go to edit profile and click my avatar and use picture 140×140

Flag Post

@BAMBERCLAM I used to keep record of how many designs/levels I made. It sucks. Also check out the game ‘Exploit’. I’ve been playing that for a while now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ejdris:

go to edit profile and click my avatar and use picture 140×140

lolwut?

Flag Post

Thanks for the response, but I use google chrome also, however if there where an option for users to be able to choose to go back to the old profile, that would certainly sort out the problem ?

Flag Post

To answer a couple of these questions:
—art and sounds will show up in someone’s profile feed, but we also have another longer-term solution in mind
—games supported will show up (I believe) in the “favorites” section
—game contributions will show up as feed posts, but I can pass your frustration along to the product team

For the sake of clarity (and so we don’t have a zillion threads on the same topic, I’m going to encourage everyone to discuss the new profile over here.