Forums Kongregate

Another way to get free kreds

103 posts

Flag Post

Hello, I am mostly adressing myself to kongregate administor or whoever run this site. I am interested in getting some reds, but I don’t have any money to spend on it, so I tried from the “get free kreds”, but since i’m from Canada, I have nothing much to get there. So, I am bringing a new idea of a new way to get free kreds. I have an Ipod touch and on many apps, trialplay or tapjoy is used to get free games currencies. All we have to do is to install free apps and receive free things which would be kreds on this site. Of course, you (Kongregate) get some money for it. I’ve seen this on Facebook as a way to get free facebook credits, so I guess it could work on this site too.

Thanks for reading this,
Dahnae

Flag Post

The problem is, we don’t really offer app store apps or facebook apps. Just free games.

You don’t have any surveys available on the offers?

Flag Post

Actually, it’s some developpers that pay tapjoy or trialplay to have their apps posted in the list customers get, kongregate doesn’t have to offer any apps it’s them that offer apps that kongregate members can install, and when we do so, you guys receive some money. And no there are no surveys, what i’m talking about is downloading apps from an ipod.

Flag Post

Sounds rude to just like, rush in here, but Z, can you add some international offers? Available to every country. I’m sure many more ppl would do offers if you added that.

Flag Post

Kongregate doesn’t host the offers, it’s TrialPay. Right?

Flag Post

I am currently trying to contact Tapjoy to learn if it could be available on this website, if it’s possible i’ll contact kongregate administrators.

Flag Post

We previously worked with Tapjoy, and now work with TrialPay. They provide the offers, so contacting them would be a good first step.

Flag Post

I looked and trialplay doesn’t offer iphone apps download, still waiting for an answer from tapjoy.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Hi and i was woundring because ive done one of the free kreds thing and it said get 30 free kreds but it hasnt come why do you think that is??

Flag Post

What are reds?

Flag Post

YAH! please give some free kreds like:

go ONLINE for each day to get free kreds. EVEN 1 KRED only. PLEASE?

Flag Post

hmm seems interesting!

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlvinM12:

YAH! please give some free kreds like:

go ONLINE for each day to get free kreds. EVEN 1 KRED only. PLEASE?

365 kreds a year? YES PLEASE.

Though I doubt they would do this. There are ~8,076,300 users. That’s potentially almost 3 BILLION kreds per year. Since not everyone is going to log on every day, and more people are going to sign up in the next year, lets bring that down to 1 billion kreds.

I believe that 1 kred is worth about 8 cents. So let’s see… carry the 5, divide by e, multiply by pi, add 42… That’s $80,000,000 worth of kreds. Yeah, right.

That, and it could be easily abused. One could make a bot to make 1000 accounts, then log on every day for a week. That’s 7,000 kreds. They make a very simple game and publish it, then tip all of those kreds to that game. Since 100% of tips go to the developer, that’s $560 worth of kreds for X amount of work, where X is however long it takes to make the bot + one week. Again, yeah right.

Flag Post

I think Kreds should be awarded for completing a Weekly Challenge, but only a small amount, so that its’ value won’t decrease. Of course, there’s the problem of players abusing this system, like MaistlinRajere stated.

There is a solution to that, though. For example, every time you level up after you reach level 20, you earn free Kreds. As it gets harder and harder to level up, you’re awarded more Kreds per level up. Players can still abuse the system, but they would have to spend a lot of time leveling up before they can even start to get a small amount of free Kreds.

I don’t really expect to see this happening in the near future, but it would solve the demand for free Kreds and at the same time prevent bots and players from abusing them.

Flag Post

Actually, another great idea would be to create special challenges just to earn Kreds from. Monthly Challenges, anybody? :D

Flag Post

I think that was brought up earlier, but how about a harder quest which offers, like, 20 Kreds and ~300 points?

Flag Post

The problem with kreds, is that it’s money. It has to come from somewhere, and that place is Kong’s bottom line. Do you think Kong should pay you to do quests? Paying you to use their site? What about retroactive quests? You’ll have hundreds, probably thousands of people bitching and wanting kreds. That’s a massive lump sum of money. It’s not worth it.

Flag Post

They once had this super sweet promotion where each day you came by, you clicked something and either got awarded nothing, five points, ten points, or five kreds. Now obviously that was funded by someone paying for the promotion, but it was still a lot of fun.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:

They once had this super sweet promotion where each day you came by, you clicked something and either got awarded nothing, five points, ten points, or five kreds. Now obviously that was funded by someone paying for the promotion, but it was still a lot of fun.

Didn’t that only last for a week though?

Flag Post

Yeah, that was the Batman: Arkham City promotion.

Flag Post

Yeah, I remember it. I got 10 Kreds there.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

Yeah, I remember it. I got 10 Kreds there.

Everyone who posted in the thread seemed to get 10-20 kreds there. I only got 5 kreds once, nothing twice, and 5 points the other days. :3

Flag Post

That was a great promotion, got 20 Kreds from it :P